Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - (https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-9y0-2019-247/)
-   -   Sat Radio Settings (https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-9y0-2019/1131180-sat-radio-settings.html)

FyteOn 02-26-2019 05:39 PM

Sat Radio Settings

Couple questions about things that are driving me crazy with the sat radio. Hopefully I'm just missing out on some settings.
1) Is there any way to delete the "Recently Played" list above the Favorites? It's such a waste.
2) When you select a Favorite station, is there any way to set that the Artist/Track appears? Right now, I have to push Favorite, select station, push Play, look at it, select Favorite again, push the next station, push Play, etc....

It's awesome that my complaints with my new S are totally trivial, but #2 is a PITA for sure.

OCNYPORSCHE 02-26-2019 06:16 PM

There are many very annoying items in the new Cayenne such as the 2 you mention. I dont think there is a way to delete the recently played list. As for the second one, I also dont think there is a way to do it, but I will let others weigh in.

LSR 02-26-2019 10:23 PM

PCM Media Display

Originally Posted by FyteOn (Post 15666596)
Couple questions about things that are driving me crazy with the sat radio. Hopefully I'm just missing out on some settings.
1) Is there any way to delete the "Recently Played" list above the Favorites? It's such a waste.
2) When you select a Favorite station, is there any way to set that the Artist/Track appears? Right now, I have to push Favorite, select station, push Play, look at it, select Favorite again, push the next station, push Play, etc....

It's awesome that my complaints with my new S are totally trivial, but #2 is a PITA for sure.

I concur that there is no way (at least, none that I have found after extensively searching) to eliminate the wasteful Recently Played squares on the favorites screen. And, I have found no way to see what's playing if you're on the Favorites screen - you have to switch PCM screens as you describe. Really poor design, in my opinion. Porsche's PCM focus groups leave something to be desired. The other annoying thing is that with one exception, I have not found a way to display what's playing on the instrument cluster. The one exception I'm aware of is if you're playing a track from your cellphone you can see the track currently playing on the instrument cluster tube to the immediate right of the tach if you have created a custom view with audio as one of the custom selections for that tube. But the instrument cluster custom view, I believe, doesn't display what's playing on Sirius. for Sirius, it only shows you what station you're tuned to.

afel 02-27-2019 10:28 AM

I completely agree. It is just odd that Porsche would require so much activity that takes your eyes off the road! Very UNSAFE! And a PITA!

TGED 02-27-2019 10:44 AM

By eliminating the audio screen from the instrumental cluster is totally unacceptable. I am surprised they could even bring this design to the market with such a big flaw.

afel 02-27-2019 10:46 AM

Well said, and I hope they can do an update to fix this!

afel 02-28-2019 08:03 PM

So I took by 2019 Cayenne Turbo in for service, and the loaner is a Macan. Now I see the Porsche fumble here...in the Macan, one of the tubes is devoted to Media and you can change stations from the steering wheel. Odd that was not put into the new Cayenne!

OCNYPORSCHE 02-28-2019 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by afel (Post 15671911)
So I took by 2019 Cayenne Turbo in for service, and the loaner is a Macan. Now I see the Porsche fumble here...in the Macan, one of the tubes is devoted to Media and you can change stations from the steering wheel. Odd that was not put into the new Cayenne!

Yes, the Macan actually works very nice with the sirius menu and even with a Macan S, it has the boost gauge which is not in new Cayenne S. I am hoping that Porsche will do a software update. I will see if I can contact them.

afel 02-28-2019 08:11 PM

That would be great! Thanks @OCNYPORSCHE !

LSR 02-28-2019 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by afel (Post 15671911)

Yes - very odd and a big failure in my view. I'm guessing the Macan you were in was probably a 2018 model. In previous Cayennes, Macans and 911s, you could see and change stations/tracks in the tube to the right of the tach. Heck, I can do that with my 2013 911. But when the new Macan hits the streets, I'd wager its "new, improved" PCM will operate much like our Cayennes'. I find much to like about the new PCM, but too many fumbles changing functionality that worked well and now doesn't. Maybe those errors will be addressed in software updates, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

JCWLS3 02-28-2019 11:28 PM

In the minority here

My wife and I have no big complaints about the way the audio system operates in our Cayenne. We drove a 2018 Macan Sport for several weeks while our car was stuck at port. The only thing I remember about it re: electronics was how dated and crude everything seemed to be. The screens were low-res, circa 2013, and there was a surplus of buttons.

We have only one complaint about the new Cayenne’s audio, and that is the lack of dedicated next / previous station buttons on the steering wheel. We programmed the star button as a next initially, but found that vaguely frustrating. It’s now an activation button for ParkAssist surround cameras.

For us, the new high-res, beautiful touchscreen and reduction in buttons outweigh some minor loss in functionality. YMMV.

What we do not appreciate is the general feeling of unease when we get in the car and start it up. What transient PCM errors are going to throw this time? Code execution and reliability needs to be addressed before Porsche starts dicking around with new features.

TGED 03-01-2019 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by LSR (Post 15672169)
Yes - very odd and a big failure in my view. I'm guessing the Macan you were in was probably a 2018 model. In previous Cayennes, Macans and 911s, you could see and change stations/tracks in the tube to the right of the tach. Heck, I can do that with my 2013 911. But when the new Macan hits the streets, I'd wager its "new, improved" PCM will operate much like our Cayennes'. I find much to like about the new PCM, but too many fumbles changing functionality that worked well and now doesn't. Maybe those errors will be addressed in software updates, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Currently our 3 Porsches all have different PCM versions and all offer steering wheel audio control. When I test drove the new Cayenne, I noticed this function missing within the first 5 minutes. That makes me wonder how much testing they do before releasing the product. I would rather they do testing resembling everyday common usage than putting their cars through extreme weather tests which almost no one would drive their cars in those conditions.

afel 03-01-2019 02:41 PM

So true. I have wondered if they just took a regular person and just said, 'drive this for a week and let us know what you think' ... it would do wonders for their brand value.

JCWLS3 03-02-2019 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by afel (Post 15673555)
So true. I have wondered if they just took a regular person and just said, 'drive this for a week and let us know what you think' ... it would do wonders for their brand value.

That's pretty funny. Porsche's current brand value is that they sell all the cars they can build. There's a waiting list at every dealer. And, they're the most profitable production automobile company in the world on a per-unit basis.

They don't give a crap about details such as these. They have no reason to. All of us throw our money at them the first chance we get. What's the incentive? Porsche is the very definition of a fat, prideful company. If they didn't build such an incredible product to drive, they might take a hit to their brand after several years of silly electronics design and programming. Maybe. But as it stands, enjoy your slightly weird menus and PCM controls. I was scrolling through a submenu the other day and found an actual English typo. SMH.

afel 03-02-2019 09:30 AM

LOL!