Sponsored By:

Sat Radio Settings

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 12:07 AM
Pvilly
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FyteOn
Couple questions about things that are driving me crazy with the sat radio. Hopefully I'm just missing out on some settings.
1) Is there any way to delete the "Recently Played" list above the Favorites? It's such a waste.
2) When you select a Favorite station, is there any way to set that the Artist/Track appears? Right now, I have to push Favorite, select station, push Play, look at it, select Favorite again, push the next station, push Play, etc....

It's awesome that my complaints with my new S are totally trivial, but #2 is a PITA for sure.
Agree that the lack of steering wheel audio controls a big downer. Hopefully a fix will come. In the interim, set up my home screen so that I have my favorites and the details of the station/artist/song title in another tile.

Old 03-12-2019, 12:41 AM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 310 Likes on 203 Posts

Wow. Great home screen! I’ve been looking for a way to display my favorite stations and the track playing at the same time. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:00 AM
FyteOn
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is awesome! That will be my homescreen in the morning. Thank you!!
Old 03-12-2019, 07:20 PM
Asi
Track Day

Agree, that’s a great home screen and pretty decent workaround. Just note that if you change your audio source to Media Device to play off your phone, you end up getting 2 exact same tiles as there is no “favourites” which looks a bit crap.

Old 03-12-2019, 08:34 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

Yes that is a very good setup on the home screen. I will change mine to look like that one. Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-13-2019, 11:00 AM
phatchunk99
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can understand that some people listen to talk shows on sat radio, but are you all still listening to music on their extremely low bit rate platform? Their audio quality is non-existent when compared to most music streaming services. I listen to Google Music via Bluetooth on my phone and can easy change stations, fast forward, etc. using voice control through Google Assistant on my Samsung phone. The audio quality is light years ahead compared to SiriusXM. Pretty sure Apple has something similar as well.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:53 AM
Pvilly
Track Day

I've had a couple of people ask how to configure the home screen into this format.

1) On the PCM, activate the home icon in the upper left-hand corner. Go to the dropdown menu and select Configure Home
2) On the Configure Home page, select the + button to create a new home screen layout
3) Layout tiles (in this case three large)
4) Drop in content into each respective tile from listed options on left column (in the case select Media in two of the tiles)
5) Toggle content within each tile to get preferred layout and confirm

Now each time the home screen is activated, the saved layout is displayed (you can also toggle between various saved layouts by going back to the Configure Home menu).
Old 03-15-2019, 08:33 AM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 310 Likes on 203 Posts
Unhappy Yet another glitch!

Originally Posted by Pvilly
I've had a couple of people ask how to configure the home screen into this format.

1) On the PCM, activate the home icon in the upper left-hand corner. Go to the dropdown menu and select Configure Home
2) On the Configure Home page, select the + button to create a new home screen layout
4) Drop in content into each respective tile from listed options on left column (in the case select Media in two of the tiles)

Now each time the home screen is activated, the saved layout is displayed (you can also toggle between various saved layouts by going back to the Configure Home menu).
I set up this home screen and ran into yet another software glitch (albeit a minor one). Sometimes the favorites list of the home screen in my car does not show all my favorites, but rather only a subset that’s in a wacky and seemingly random order. When this happens (it’s happened more than once already), I’ve found the glitch can be corrected by (1) going to the Media-Fav screen (the one with the large squares of Favorites and Recently Played), (2) changing the station then playing by clicking on any other Favorite square, and then (3) going back to the Home screen. All Favorites are now properly displayed. As I said, a minor glitch. Has anyone else experienced this?

BTW, I setup my home screen slightly differently by placing the Nav box on the far left of the screen. I did this so I can more easily see the display of the current road’s speed limit sign in that box, which Porsche should have displayed in the instrument cluster like it used to.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:22 AM
jrtouareg
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by phatchunk99
I can understand that some people listen to talk shows on sat radio, but are you all still listening to music on their extremely low bit rate platform? Their audio quality is non-existent when compared to most music streaming services. I listen to Google Music via Bluetooth on my phone and can easy change stations, fast forward, etc. using voice control through Google Assistant on my Samsung phone. The audio quality is light years ahead compared to SiriusXM. Pretty sure Apple has something similar as well.
I listen to Sirius XM mostly for the sports. I listen to local HD radio stations for music and like you, to Google Music. For the best online fidelity for full bandwidth music, I use Tidal. I have a Galaxy Note phone as well. Now, where is that Android Auto? Why is Porsche resisting to include this. All the other VW/Audi vehicles have this as standard, even in their most basic car.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:36 AM
phatchunk99
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jrtouareg
I listen to Sirius XM mostly for the sports. I listen to local HD radio stations for music and like you, to Google Music. For the best online fidelity for full bandwidth music, I use Tidal. I have a Galaxy Note phone as well. Now, where is that Android Auto? Why is Porsche resisting to include this. All the other VW/Audi vehicles have this as standard, even in their most basic car.
I loved Tidal as far as music quality is concerned. Unfortunately their music database is fairly limited, at least when I tried it a couple of years ago, so I switched to Google Music.

Totally agree that they should bring Android Auto onboard. Porsche's excuse is that Google would see too much data about the car. In the meantime, Porsche is pretty much sharing everything - from engines to infotainment systems - with everyone in the VW group. Look at the new Continental GT's version of the Porsche PCM. It's an exact copy! Maybe Porsche is already indirectly sharing some data with Google through other models.
Old 03-16-2019, 01:48 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pvilly

Pvilly, you should get a royalty from Porsche. The Panamera guys like this configuration and have come here in this forum to get the instructions. Nice job! I just configured mine today that way.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:30 PM
FyteOn
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's brilliant. I tweaked it a little

Old 03-16-2019, 09:27 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nice! I wish the media tile also showed when a favorite artist was playing on another station. That is really poor design to not show that. It was a “star” on the favorites button in the 958.
Old 03-17-2019, 12:25 AM
jrtouareg
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I noticed that you guys are not displaying Google Earth map. Isn't it included in the PCM package? My Cayenne is supposed to be here first of May and I like the Google Earth view mode.
Old 03-17-2019, 03:01 AM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by jrtouareg
I noticed that you guys are not displaying Google Earth map. Isn't it included in the PCM package? My Cayenne is supposed to be here first of May and I like the Google Earth view mode.
Our Turbo displays it all the time. It’s an option in the Nav display settings.

Quick Reply: Sat Radio Settings