Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2019 Cayenne Turbo Break Squeal PSCB

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 11:51 AM
Theodor
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Bro has a Macan Turbo with steals and also found it super grabby. Too much so in my opinion.
I find the Cayenne Turbo PSCBs to be better, but still too sensitive. Just imagine how difficult they would be to modulate on an actual off-road / bumpy setting.
Speculating - perhaps it’s the different customer profile for the SUVs vs the sports cars?
However, for people who have both...

Again, try stepping out of something with excellent brake feel - personally I would include cars like the: 993 4S, 996 4S or a GT car in that category - quite a contrast!

At least - that’s my opinion and thoughts on the kind of brake feel I prefer.
Old 03-03-2019, 01:41 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by tmack2012
In chatting with the service manager about this and the CPO process, he mentioned that when they were CPO'ing a 911, I believe a GT car, they noticed a chip on one of the rotors and basically had to fork over $5k CDN to replace it to give it the CPO stamp. They said they would be very careful with mine when we swap the winters for summers!
I'd be lying if the cost of replacement rotors ($5K or more U.S.) didn't give us pause when we optioned PCCB. My days of having the local tire shop remove and reinstall a wheel after a flat repair are long gone with this car. Same goes for replacement tires, which will be purchased and installed at gouge-level prices from our dealer.

Good luck with your Macan. Love the Turbo model -- saw a 2018 in the showroom and thought it was really cool. We drove a brand-new Macan Sport, pulled right out of inventory, for a month while we waited for our Cayenne to be released from port. It was a little slow off the line, but handled and drove beautifully. We thought it was a great car.

Thanks for the kind words about our Cayenne -- one newbie to another. Cheers!
Old 03-03-2019, 01:50 PM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by JCWLS3
I'd be lying if the cost of replacement rotors ($5K or more U.S.) didn't give us pause when we optioned PCCB. My days of having the local tire shop remove and reinstall a wheel after a flat repair are long gone with this car. Same goes for replacement tires, which will be purchased and installed at gouge-level prices from our dealer.

Good luck with your Macan. Love the Turbo model -- saw a 2018 in the showroom and thought it was really cool. We drove a brand-new Macan Sport, pulled right out of inventory, for a month while we waited for our Cayenne to be released from port. It was a little slow off the line, but handled and drove beautifully. We thought it was a great car.

You will save a little if you order directly from Tirerack and have them shipped to your dealer.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:16 PM
turbo power
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Have 100 miles only but no jerky stop...just solid great feel on PSCBs and no squeal at all.....maybe it shows up later with more miles but so far so good.....
Old 03-07-2019, 06:22 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,148 Likes on 566 Posts

Originally Posted by JCWLS3

FWIW, I was always successful in getting Porsche dealership match Tirerack's price (with shipping). They still get you on labor, but that's not huge.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:40 PM
dspvend
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Am I going to be sorry I ordered them on my S? Never drove one with the PSCB but SA said they were amazing! Hopefully i made the right decision?
Old 03-07-2019, 08:46 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Thanks for the advice, MaxLTV and redyps. Your ideas never occurred to me. I'm filing 'em away!

And dspvend, I've commented before how impressed we were with PSCB on the base Cayenne we test-drove. If the technology holds up and the bugs and kinks aren't too major, I can't imagine you'll be sorry. They are just awesome.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:46 PM
Sheffield1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep.
Same fault. It's embarrassing to drive at low speeds.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:49 PM
Sheffield1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also my car was new in May 2018 and the squeal started in January.
Something you all can look forward to when your cars are nearly a year old.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:34 PM
Mbiondo
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Sheffield1
Yep.
Same fault. It's embarrassing to drive at low speeds.
Precisely why I drive mine hard!
Old 03-25-2019, 04:30 PM
500RJC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder if this is why there is a delay getting this option?
Old 03-27-2019, 04:15 PM
cmcgonag
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup mine is doing it as well. Sounds like a pretty fatal issue if we all are hearing it.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:46 PM
afel
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I completely agree. For what it's worth, i am at 3,000 miles and the sound has mostly gone away. I am thinking Porsche is dragging their feet to focus on fixes for new systems (hence the delay with ordering PSCB) while they hope us shlubs burn down enough pad to make it go away!?!
Old 03-28-2019, 12:41 AM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm at 4000 miles and the sound is actually getting worse......I have a feeling there's more to it than the pads wearing down.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:50 PM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 69 Posts

1,800 miles and the sequel might be getting less frequent.

Quick Reply: 2019 Cayenne Turbo Break Squeal PSCB