Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Wife's new 2019 base Cayenne

Old 02-18-2019, 02:12 PM
tjbk18
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Wife's new 2019 base Cayenne

It's finally here. After getting full front Xpel Ultimate Plus installed and full car ceramic coating (Feynlab ceramic plus) applied, here are a few pics. It's much nicer comparing to our last gen. Cayenne. The huge screen is much nicer and clearer. We had Bose on our last one, but this new Bose sound system is way better. The cabin is much quieter; however, i miss the roaring sound from the last NA V6 (yeah, it has a decent roaring sound). I really like the Spyders wheels. They look much nicer in person.

Old 02-18-2019, 02:43 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

Congrats, very sharp
Old 02-18-2019, 02:46 PM
tjbk18
Advanced

Thanks OCNYPORSCHE.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:10 PM
FiveTwoFifty
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful! What options did you go for?
Old 02-18-2019, 03:14 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Looks great -- very clean. I like your mini PCCBs.

I gotta ask: That's a lot of palm trees for Houston, and a very Cali-esque stucco house behind your Cayenne. Am I missing something?

Congratulations!
Old 02-18-2019, 03:20 PM
tjbk18
Advanced

Originally Posted by FiveTwoFifty
Beautiful! What options did you go for?
Thanks FiveTwoFifty. I went with Premium Plus, HUD, Heated steering wheel, and surround view, and 21" Spyder wheels
Old 02-18-2019, 03:28 PM
tjbk18
Advanced

Originally Posted by JCWLS3
Looks great -- very clean. I like your mini PCCBs.

I gotta ask: That's a lot of palm trees for Houston, and a very Cali-esque stucco house behind your Cayenne. Am I missing something?

Congratulations!
Thanks JCWLS3. I like the yellow calipers on your Turbo so much, so i went with that mod from my installer. Good eyes! When i picked up the car, there was a Cayenne Turbo with PCCBs at the shop, so we compared the paints on mine and his, and the paints color look identical.
Yes, my neighbor, who has the biggest house in this community, planted these palm trees when his daughter got married. They are very pricy though. We started seeing more and more palm trees in newer communities around Houston. Yes, indeed, it's very Cali-esque stucco house. Houses in this whole section are all stucco houses.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:54 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Well, you’ve got a nice ride and a nice house. You are a blessed man.

Your caliper-paint guy did a great job. I think you’re spot-on with the color. Did he lay down new PORSCHE stickers, or did he do something else? And did he remove the calipers entirely to paint?

I bet a lot of people who dislike the white PSCB calipers (I’m not one of them), or the base silver ones, will be looking to you for inspiration. Well done!
Old 02-18-2019, 04:50 PM
tjbk18
Advanced

Thanks again for your kind words. I am very blessed. In fact we all are very blessed to be able to drive Porsche or many luxury/sport cars. I am very happy for you because you went out with a bang on your first P car.
My caliper-paint guy is the guy who installed Xpel ultimate plus protection film and ceramic coating on my Cayenne. He's painted the calipers for a lot of other Porsche cars, so he has a lot of experience. He first removed the calipers entirely, painted, then baked (they have other terminology for this that i don't remember), then laid the Porsche stickers on each, then applied clear coat, then baked them again.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:07 PM
Rothen
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats for the purchase, the cayenne looks very good and elegant, even the base. Is the white solid or metallic?
Old 02-18-2019, 05:12 PM
tjbk18
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rothen
Congrats for the purchase, the cayenne looks very good and elegant, even the base. Is the white solid or metallic?
Thanks. It's the solid white because my wife does not like the metallic white.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:31 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tjbk18
He's painted the calipers for a lot of other Porsche cars, so he has a lot of experience. He first removed the calipers entirely, painted, then baked (they have other terminology for this that i don't remember), then laid the Porsche stickers on each, then applied clear coat, then baked them again.
First-class all the way. You'd better hang on to that guy. He does some quality work.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:39 PM
tjbk18
Advanced

He's extremely nice guy. He did the ceramic coating for our last Cayenne in his car garage, but he now has his own shop that he serves a lot of Tesla cars and other high end cars like Bentley, Ferrari, and of course a lot of Porsche. He's doing very well now but remains very humble.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:00 PM
El Sapo
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Way cool. That's basically the same car that I saw in the dealership showroom when I was getting my Macan serviced. Took pics of it and sent them to my wife.

A couple of months went by...Now we have a new Cayenne. Quartz grey with spider wheels. I agree the spider wheels look better in person.

I think I want the model deleted from the back end. Anyone know how much I should pay to do that?
Old 03-05-2019, 11:04 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by El Sapo
Way cool. That's basically the same car that I saw in the dealership showroom when I was getting my Macan serviced. Took pics of it and sent them to my wife.

A couple of months went by...Now we have a new Cayenne. Quartz grey with spider wheels. I agree the spider wheels look better in person.

I think I want the model deleted from the back end. Anyone know how much I should pay to do that?
The dealer I purchased my vehicle from did it gratis, though in fairness it was part of the sale negotiation...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wife's new 2019 base Cayenne