Sponsored By:

Intermittent wipers sweep too slowly

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 09:40 PM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Intermittent wipers sweep too slowly

I’ve had the opportunity to drive my car in in the rain and snow recently. The intermittent wipers even on the fastest setting sweep too slow that they’re almost useless. Has anyone else noticed this problem?
Old 02-14-2019, 10:30 AM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 310 Likes on 203 Posts
Default wiper speed

Originally Posted by Fixinbones
I’ve had the opportunity to drive my car in in the rain and snow recently. The intermittent wipers even on the fastest setting sweep too slow that they’re almost useless. Has anyone else noticed this problem?
This is interesting. I've had the exact opposite thought. I've found the wiper speed on my base Cayenne, even at it's intermittent and slowest settings, to be too fast. The intermittent operation is not intermittent enough (the wipers don't pause long enough), and when wiping I find the wipers wipe too fast. (I seek to avoid using wipers whenever possible because the glass eventually will be etched by the wiping pattern.)
Old 02-14-2019, 10:49 AM
jrtouareg
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by LSR
This is interesting. I've had the exact opposite thought. I've found the wiper speed on my base Cayenne, even at it's intermittent and slowest settings, to be too fast. The intermittent operation is not intermittent enough (the wipers don't pause long enough), and when wiping I find the wipers wipe too fast. (I seek to avoid using wipers whenever possible because the glass eventually will be etched by the wiping pattern.)
Yep, I feel they wipe too fast also in the slowest setting when in the auto mode.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:10 PM
vangoose
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I found it either too slow or too fast. Is it supposed to be speed sensitive?

I like BMW's control better, you can keep auto on while still manually wipe it. In cayenne, you have to turn auto off to manually wipe.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:16 AM
jrtouareg
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by vangoose
I found it either too slow or too fast. Is it supposed to be speed sensitive?

I like BMW's control better, you can keep auto on while still manually wipe it. In cayenne, you have to turn auto off to manually wipe.
Yes, Its speed sensitive. Very noticeable when you stop at a light and its lightly raining. It does not wipe until you start moving.

Quick Reply: Intermittent wipers sweep too slowly