Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Wife’s Cayenne S Arrived

Old 02-10-2019, 01:51 PM
TylerCoupe
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Wife’s Cayenne S Arrived

Ordered in October from Fresno Porsche CJ and Sean did an awesome job through the process which culminated with this delivery in the snow on Friday. Luckily I already had CJ put 19’s with snow tires on for delivery. The summer wheels and tires that came with the car will go on each spring. Seattle has been hit with low temps and lots of snow. This car has had no issue getting around.

Initial thoughts

love the car and know my wife will like it. She has had three MB GLs over last 13 years but with kids starting off to college she wanted a smaller vehicle

surprised to see a clock wart. Did not order Chrono so expected nothing there

fit and finish is great. Love the interior much better than old Cayenne and glad I picked sport design to get rid of all the cladding

14 ways very comfortable

voice commands work better than any other car....might be helped by the insulated glass

porsche connect plus and embedded cellular SIM were easy to setup and have worked without issue

wish the heated front windshield had a separate button rather than using front defrost

steering wheel heater button also hidden but easy to use once you know where it is

so far no gremlins or issues but can’t really drive it normally til snow departs....but that could be awhile

Last edited by TylerCoupe; 02-10-2019 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:57 PM
Cyclenut1
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! Very nice, even with the winter set. Which other set did you get? I remember one winter about 18 or so winters ago getting 6” of snow and people snowboarding down our street. I lived on Phinney ridge in Seattle back in the day. Some of the best summers I had were there. Enjoy the snow, not the drivers. Lol

Last edited by Cyclenut1; 02-11-2019 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:13 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

Congrats, my wife likes her Cayenne S too. So do i . The 2.9L engine is amazingly smooth and powerful!
Old 02-11-2019, 05:21 PM
Seanlabonte
Platinum Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

THANK YOU!
Old 02-12-2019, 11:08 PM
moulari
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks Great- congrats!!! Wondering which ship your S was on? My wife's S was on the Oregon Highway and has been sitting at the port for almost a month....
Old 02-13-2019, 11:54 AM
TylerCoupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by moulari
Looks Great- congrats!!! Wondering which ship your S was on? My wife's S was on the Oregon Highway and has been sitting at the port for almost a month....
mine came in on Southern highway. once docked it took about a week to get to dealer
Old 02-13-2019, 12:02 PM
TylerCoupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cyclenut1
Congrats! Very nice, even with the winter set. Which other set did you get? I remember one winter about 18 or so winters ago getting 6” of snow and people snowboarding down our street. I lived on Phinney ridge in Seattle back in the day. Some of the best summers I had were there. Enjoy the snow, not the drivers. Lol
i have 20" Cayenne Sports with summer rubber. for my wife, the 20's are a good compromise - the extra sidewall height helps minimize curb rash
Old 02-13-2019, 04:22 PM
irv09
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice S. How is the heated windshield in terms of lines? Could you post a picture and a review thus far? Thank you in advance
Old 02-15-2019, 11:37 PM
MV19
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to the Porsche “Good to Know” app, to activate the heated windshield, either the rear defrost button or the front defrost button will work. It’s your choice. Allegedly the heated windshield also turns on automatically if the car senses it’s sufficiently cold outside. Hope this helps. I’m thinking of adding this option to my Cayenne S build. Potentially very useful!
Old 02-16-2019, 09:51 AM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Looks great in rhodium with the SD package, congrats!. Had to order a $1000 stupid compass to complete the dash look, didn’t know there’s a free clock there 😠

Last edited by Galion; 02-16-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:53 AM
Cyclenut1
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Galion
Looks great in rhodium with the SD package, congrats!. Had to order a $1000 stupid compass to complete the dash look, didn’t know there’s a free clock there 😠
you don’t want the clock. It’s the cheapest clock in a car I’ve ever seen in a 50k+car. Both my AMG has IWC clocks. It looks elegant and watch hobbits who get in the car always comment on it. The standard clock reminds me of a compass I had when my Dad sent me off to camp 30yrs ago. Does the Porsche dash close glow in the dark like my cheapo compass did? Seriously, the clock is a huge pet peeve of mine. Who at Porsche thought this clock was a great pick? A total embarrassment
Old 02-16-2019, 10:25 PM
TylerCoupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by MV19
According to the Porsche “Good to Know” app, to activate the heated windshield, either the rear defrost button or the front defrost button will work. It’s your choice. Allegedly the heated windshield also turns on automatically if the car senses it’s sufficiently cold outside. Hope this helps. I’m thinking of adding this option to my Cayenne S build. Potentially very useful!
thanks. I missed that. I like that option better but still wish it were separate button
Old 02-16-2019, 10:30 PM
TylerCoupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by irv09
Nice S. How is the heated windshield in terms of lines? Could you post a picture and a review thus far? Thank you in advance
weather has been brutal here so no good picture yet. If we get some sun I will put one up here. I have not noticed any lines from my casual inspections
Old 02-17-2019, 02:12 AM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by TylerCoupe

Ordered in October from Fresno Porsche CJ and Sean did an awesome job through the process which culminated with this delivery in the snow on Friday. Luckily I already had CJ put 19’s with snow tires on for delivery. The summer wheels and tires that came with the car will go on each spring. Seattle has been hit with low temps and lots of snow. This car has had no issue getting around.

Initial thoughts

love the car and know my wife will like it. She has had three MB GLs over last 13 years but with kids starting off to college she wanted a smaller vehicle

surprised to see a clock wart. Did not order Chrono so expected nothing there

fit and finish is great. Love the interior much better than old Cayenne and glad I picked sport design to get rid of all the cladding

14 ways very comfortable

voice commands work better than any other car....might be helped by the insulated glass

porsche connect plus and embedded cellular SIM were easy to setup and have worked without issue

wish the heated front windshield had a separate button rather than using front defrost

steering wheel heater button also hidden but easy to use once you know where it is

so far no gremlins or issues but can’t really drive it normally til snow departs....but that could be awhile
Did you ever figure out how you ended up with the wart on the dash? I have one incoming and would be disappointed to see it since I too did not order the Sport Chrono pkg.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:21 AM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by redyps
Did you ever figure out how you ended up with the wart on the dash? I have one incoming and would be disappointed to see it since I too did not order the Sport Chrono pkg.
Porsche includes the dash clock on the Macan and Cayenne as standard equipment, It has no timing function, you need sport chrono for that. Don’t know if you can delete it as a CXX option or just buy the blank panel afterwards to swap the clock out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wife’s Cayenne S Arrived