Sponsored By:

Wife’s Cayenne S Arrived

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 11:06 AM
TGED
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Todd B

Porsche includes the dash clock on the Macan and Cayenne as standard equipment, It has no timing function, you need sport chrono for that. Don’t know if you can delete it as a CXX option or just buy the blank panel afterwards to swap the clock out.

The second hand on my Cayenne S dash clock fell off soon after the warranty and Porsche refused to fix it. So it is now left as a testament that Porsche can engineer a great car but fails to come up with a functioning clock.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:18 PM
TylerCoupe
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by redyps
Did you ever figure out how you ended up with the wart on the dash? I have one incoming and would be disappointed to see it since I too did not order the Sport Chrono pkg.
in the configurator the dash looks clean if you pass on the sport chrono. But I guess they are dropping an analog clock on the dash instead. Not sure if anyone in US avoids the wart be it the free clock or the stopwatch or compass. You can set tube 5 to display digital compass instead of time/date which is what I did given the clock on dash. It does not bother me too much....agree it’s not a highly refined showpiece. I have sport chrono on my 911R so have gotten used to the look
Old 02-17-2019, 12:28 PM
tmuchacho
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The clock is a sore subject for me as well since it is always 3-4 minutes behind real time, even after resetting to accurately update it. Not sure if the post was in this discussion, but the guy who mentioned the clock reminded him of the compass given to him when he was a kid just cracked me up (I had the same one given to me in Boy Scouts).
Old 02-17-2019, 12:59 PM
Seanlabonte
Platinum Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

The clock is a standard feature from Porsche unfortunately. When you complete the configuration on the Porsche site and click "Print" on Summary section, then click "Standard Features" scroll down to interior and this is what you will see...

Last bullet point on the list.
Old 02-17-2019, 03:33 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey Cyclenut1,

How are you? Good I hope. Did you abandon your desires on AMG?

Congrats to OP on your nice S. I have the Cayenne diesel and much better than previous AMG ML*

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Cyclenut1

you don’t want the clock. It’s the cheapest clock in a car I’ve ever seen in a 50k+car. Both my AMG has IWC clocks. It looks elegant and watch hobbits who get in the car always comment on it. The standard clock reminds me of a compass I had when my Dad sent me off to camp 30yrs ago. Does the Porsche dash close glow in the dark like my cheapo compass did? Seriously, the clock is a huge pet peeve of mine. Who at Porsche thought this clock was a great pick? A total embarrassment
Old 02-17-2019, 03:51 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Interesting observations about the clock. I’ll add two more:

1) Wife LOVES the look of the wart, ah, clock with Sport Chrono.
2) We had a 2018 Macan Sport loaner while we waited for our Turbo to be released from port. Loved the look of the wart. Our Turbo’s is not quite as cool, but MUCH better than the plain clock on non-Sport Chrono Cayennes. We’d pay Sport Chrono money for the upgraded clock alone.

Macan Sport pic attached at top; our Turbo at bottom.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:06 PM
Rothen
Intermediate

Congrats, the color is very nice. I'm happy to get my cayenne S soon!
Old 02-17-2019, 04:35 PM
Cyclenut1
Advanced

Originally Posted by JCWLS3

Interesting observations about the clock. I’ll add two more:

1) Wife LOVES the look of the wart, ah, clock with Sport Chrono.
2) We had a 2018 Macan Sport loaner while we waited for our Turbo to be released from port. Loved the look of the wart. Our Turbo’s is not quite as cool, but MUCH better than the plain clock on non-Sport Chrono Cayennes. We’d pay Sport Chrono money for the upgraded clock alone.

Macan Sport pic attached at top; our Turbo at bottom.

1000x times better with Sport Chrono. I will definitely pay for that. I actually like the look of it, just not the basic clock.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:38 PM
Cyclenut1
Advanced

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Hey Cyclenut1,

How are you? Good I hope. Did you abandon your desires on AMG?

I
Congrats to OP on your nice S. I have the Cayenne diesel and much better than previous AMG ML*

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
I sent you a PM. I haven’t been on AMG private lounge in a long tim since selling my AMG’s and purchasing my wife’s first Porsche. We a Porsche fans and soon an entire Porsche family in the garage. Once my oldest hits college, I’ll have a garage queen 911 Turbo. You know, once you’ve had fast cars, it’s hard to settle for anything slower 😉

Quick Reply: Wife’s Cayenne S Arrived