Sponsored By:

Colors Deleted on the porsche configurater

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 12:01 PM
MrIncredible
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by FyteOn
There was one Purperite ordered at N. Scottsdale dealership, I saw it on the SA's computer. Cohiba Brown interior. I $hit you not. I'm pretty sure it was in transit when I saw it. I joked that it has to be for Marie from Breaking Bad...
We have a Purperite that we ordered at N. Scottsdale but not with the Cohiba Brown interior, we have the Graphite/Blue Chalk. I was hesitant about the color combo when we ordered it, but it's stunning in person.

I should note that we have no affiliation with Breaking Bad, however her middle name IS Marie.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:29 PM
dspvend
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

30 % longer service life is what dealer told me so I ordered them! Car is heavy and fast especially the S i ordered so I opted for them.
Brakes are also bigger than standard brakes with more pistons. Think it made sense to me for the extra 3,400.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:42 PM
Cyclenut1
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dspvend
30 % longer service life is what dealer told me so I ordered them! Car is heavy and fast especially the S i ordered so I opted for them.
Brakes are also bigger than standard brakes with more pistons. Think it made sense to me for the extra 3,400.
30% is certainly great. What’s the cost replacement of the two? I’m definitely getting the S. I think the current stock breaks are great when I tested them, so if they last longer and cost less long term, then I see the value otherwise, the current ones are very good.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:04 PM
FyteOn
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrIncredible
We have a Purperite that we ordered at N. Scottsdale but not with the Cohiba Brown interior, we have the Graphite/Blue Chalk. I was hesitant about the color combo when we ordered it, but it's stunning in person.

I should note that we have no affiliation with Breaking Bad, however her middle name IS Marie.
That sounds like a much better color combo! Guess there will be two Purperites around town...
Old 02-10-2019, 03:52 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyclenut1

30% is certainly great. What’s the cost replacement of the two? I’m definitely getting the S. I think the current stock breaks are great when I tested them, so if they last longer and cost less long term, then I see the value otherwise, the current ones are very good.
Someone posted PSCB rotors at $1750 each, sold by Suncoast. The math may not work out at that price relative to 30 percent longer service life. How much are you willing to pay for better braking performance and 90 percent less dust?
Old 02-10-2019, 04:57 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by JCWLS3

Someone posted PSCB rotors at $1750 each, sold by Suncoast. The math may not work out at that price relative to 30 percent longer service life. How much are you willing to pay for better braking performance and 90 percent less dust?
Nothing. Not a cent. Even if money wasn’t a concern. The standard brakes on all models are entirely sufficient. In fact, they’re some of the best in the automotive industry. I think it’s one of Porsche’s greatest scams in terms of profit. If the people racing Porsche GT cars order steel brakes, where is the utility or performance advantage ?

People’s opinions obviously differ, and they order the white or yellow brakes. But it’s a vanity purchase. Which I do understand, and I think your Cayenne looks great
Old 02-10-2019, 06:26 PM
Cyclenut1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Benedict14

Nothing. Not a cent. Even if money wasn’t a concern. The standard brakes on all models are entirely sufficient. In fact, they’re some of the best in the automotive industry. I think it’s one of Porsche’s greatest scams in terms of profit. If the people racing Porsche GT cars order steel brakes, where is the utility or performance advantage ?

People’s opinions obviously differ, and they order the white or yellow brakes. But it’s a vanity purchase. Which I do understand, and I think your Cayenne looks great
I have to agree with you. I have never found the silver Porsche breaks lacking even in wet conditions. Unless you’re constantly hard-braking before every sharp turn from full speed, I guess you might want the upgrade. I have never found break dust a big issue. My cars are cleaned every two weeks.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:13 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Benedict14
But it’s a vanity purchase. Which I do understand, and I think your Cayenne looks great
Indeed. Can’t argue with you one bit. I think buying a Porsche in any trim with any options is an exercise in outsized vanity in the first place. I get what you’re saying.

Thanks for the kind words!
Old 02-17-2019, 11:00 AM
MrIncredible
Rennlist Member

Question

Originally Posted by FyteOn
That sounds like a much better color combo! Guess there will be two Purperites around town...

That's interesting, my wife recently had it at the dealer for some things and they told her it was the only one in the southwest.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:11 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

That's interesting, my wife recently had it at the dealer for some things and they told her it was the only one in the southwest.
I'd love to see some photos of your car, especially the Graphite Blue / Chalk interior, which I thought looked cool on the configurator.

Congratulations on owning a unique Cayenne. There is too much white / black / silver / gray on the roads nowadays. I bet yours really stands out -- in a good way!
Old 02-17-2019, 10:30 PM
FyteOn
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's really interesting. This was early Dec right before it was to be delivered. He showed me the order on his computer, but perhaps he had the interior incorrect. That makes sense because the Cohiba certainly did not!

Very cool. I'll definitely keep my open for it around town, I'd like to see it, as well.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:10 PM
MrIncredible
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCWLS3
I'd love to see some photos of your car, especially the Graphite Blue / Chalk interior, which I thought looked cool on the configurator.

Congratulations on owning a unique Cayenne. There is too much white / black / silver / gray on the roads nowadays. I bet yours really stands out -- in a good way!

Here's the only shot I have of it right now, I'll get some more in a few days.

Old 02-18-2019, 10:33 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Dude! Love it! Yes, post more. Let's see that interior!

Old 02-20-2019, 03:34 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,335 Likes on 1,920 Posts

There is a purple one at the San Antonio dealer...while not for me it’s fairly striking in person.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:34 PM
Rothen
Intermediate

great wheel/color combination too. love it

Quick Reply: Colors Deleted on the porsche configurater