Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

MUST MUST HAVE option for Cayenne Base?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 02:12 AM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts
Default MUST MUST HAVE option for Cayenne Base?

Hi Guys,

I am speccing a Cayenne Base as a new DD.

Will be driven in a snowy region so I am not trying to invest much money into it and make it look as "best bang for the buck" as possible

Here is my options

1. Metallic Paint - debating between Quarzite Grey Metallic, Moonlight Blue Metallic and Biscay Blue Metallic. Any suggestions?

2. Wheel - either 20 inch Cayenne Design Wheel or 21 inch RS Spyder Wheel. I think spyder wheel def looks cooler but at a much higher price? Is it worth it?

3. All Season Tire - must have option

4. Two Tone Leather Interior - Black and Beige

5. Premium Package Plus - Must have front seat ventiation to keep my *** cool.

6. 18 way sports seat - extra $490 CAD over 14 way power seat. Worth it?

7. Smoking Package - a must.

Here is a P-code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PKQFZY88

What do you guys think? It is going to be a DD and I honestly don't think I need PASM, Air suspension and all that fancy stuff.

At an msrp of 97250 CAD which is ~74000 USD, I think it is a very reasonable build (thanks to cheaper p-car in Canada)

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-27-2019, 11:47 AM
Theodor
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think that’s a lovely build and all you need.
Perhaps in terms of pure convenience options you could consider:
- park assist surround camera. It is useful for parking and tight spots.
- Heads up display - just lessens the momentary distraction of taking your eyes off the road - particularly useful for speed but also navigation
Old 01-27-2019, 12:15 PM
MFC993
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 76 Posts

Looks like a really great build.
Love the look of the RS Spyder wheels with dark exterior.
Only other thing I would consider is the black window trim for the "badass" factor
Enjoy !
Old 01-27-2019, 12:42 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The only must have option is an S badge on the back.
The following users liked this post:
KT88 (04-05-2020)
Old 01-27-2019, 01:21 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Smoking package was always a good idea on any Porsche because it completed the look of the center console, and in both cases the ashtray or cubby-hole were ridicously sized only good for some spare change. In the 2019 Cayenne, the matt black ashtray lid looks out of place with the glossy touch console, and now for the first time you can put a big phone in the cubby hole, you get the same number of 12V outlets instead of cigarette lighters, so unless you are a smoker I wouldn’t get it

Last edited by Galion; 01-27-2019 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:09 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

You guys are lucky in that you get to buy Porsches like this for much cheaper in Canada than in the USA (allowing for the exchange rate, of course). I see your build as about USD $85k if ordered in USA.
Everything is so subjective from one person to another, in terms of what options to get. But if I had C$97k to spend on a Cayenne, I would absolutely get the E-Hybrid without hesitation and cut out extras on the interior and wheels.
The only options I'd add in, to keep the price "tight" would probably be ACC and LCA, a la carte... While your options are nice-looking, I personally think that the E-Hybrid's plusses far out-weigh spending on other options for an ICE-only vehicle. It's really that spectacular.

I have strongly considered getting the new E-Hybrid Cayenne, and wouldn't consider any other version of Cayenne, quite frankly (having been sold on the great functionality of my Panamera E-Hybrid Sport Turismo). In fact, I wouldn't buy an ICE-only Panamera now, either (having owned one prior ot my E-Hybrid), and I really do hope that Porsche comes out with a Macan E-Hybrid in the next couple of years.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:52 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by medtech
The only must have option is an S badge on the back.
Couldnt disagree more. The new Base has an amazing engine, I always got the “S” versions but this time I had it very difficult to justify the extra $$$.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:09 PM
MFC993
Racer

Originally Posted by Galion

Couldnt disagree more. The new Base has an amazing engine, I always got the “S” versions but this time I had it very difficult to justify the extra $$$.
I think the base Cayenne will sell like hotcakes because of this very fact
However if you can afford the extra dough the new S takes it to another level..especially with Air Suspension and Sport Chrono
real world 0-60 4.3-4.4s and sports car like handling... can really do it all
Old 01-27-2019, 06:37 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by cometguy
You guys are lucky in that you get to buy Porsches like this for much cheaper in Canada than in the USA (allowing for the exchange rate, of course). I see your build as about USD $85k if ordered in USA.
Everything is so subjective from one person to another, in terms of what options to get. But if I had C$97k to spend on a Cayenne, I would absolutely get the E-Hybrid without hesitation and cut out extras on the interior and wheels.
The only options I'd add in, to keep the price "tight" would probably be ACC and LCA, a la carte... While your options are nice-looking, I personally think that the E-Hybrid's plusses far out-weigh spending on other options for an ICE-only vehicle. It's really that spectacular.

I have strongly considered getting the new E-Hybrid Cayenne, and wouldn't consider any other version of Cayenne, quite frankly (having been sold on the great functionality of my Panamera E-Hybrid Sport Turismo). In fact, I wouldn't buy an ICE-only Panamera now, either (having owned one prior ot my E-Hybrid), and I really do hope that Porsche comes out with a Macan E-Hybrid in the next couple of years.
Yeah really have no idea why Canadian P-Cars are so cheap right now. Canadians don't have as much of buying power as US counterparts. But anyways....

Yes I agree with ACC and LCA. Forgot to add these and I really want a semi-autonomous driving function when spending close to 80k for a car.

What makes you like E-hybrid? I am not too familiar with E-hybrid. Does it have better standard options than Cayenne base? I always thought hybrid is a waste of money since I won't make the price difference from savings on gas money. Is it the instaneous torque of motor that you like? Please enlighten me on this

Also, it is quite interesting how Panamera E-Hybrid got detuned engine from Panamera S (2.9L V6) and

Cayenne E-hybrid got engine from Cayenne Base (3L V6) instead of S engine o f 2.9L
Old 01-27-2019, 06:38 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Thank you guys for the feedback!!!
Old 01-27-2019, 06:43 PM
FyteOn
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FYI, you can a la carte vent sets. I got Prem package with vent seats instead of Prem Plus. It saved quite a bit more on S package compared to base, but you might want to look into it if you don't need everything in Prem Plus.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:49 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by FyteOn
FYI, you can a la carte vent sets. I got Prem package with vent seats instead of Prem Plus. It saved quite a bit more on S package compared to base, but you might want to look into it if you don't need everything in Prem Plus.
Thank you. Will look into that!

Any thoughts on seat guys? Is 18 ways worth it? What's more comfy?

I'm also wondering if spending $4000 on RS spyder wheel is crazy. They made base wheel SOOOO ugly that it's just hard to take it as is.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:58 PM
FyteOn
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the Spyder wheels. I wanted the 21" and they look amazing. I thought I would get the Exclusive Design, but in person the Spyder blew them away. Of course it's all subjective...
Old 01-27-2019, 08:43 PM
MFC993
Racer

The Spyder is the best looking of the 21's I think as well.
It came down to those or the 22 Sports Classics.
I went with the 22's on my S order in High Gloss Black but you cannot go wrong with the Spyder.. classy and purposeful all in one
Old 01-28-2019, 04:55 AM
azra
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

one thing which is often overlooked IMO is the ambient lighting option, this is a must for me and I'm so glad I included it.
the standard lighting is so weak in the car, this option helped alot.

other than that I would say 14-say seats might be the way to go, but it depends on your liking, go to the dealer and hopefully they'll have both on display and try them out.
I didn't like the 18-way at all for a daily driver. it's just personal opinions and preference in the end.

whatever wheel you choose just make sure it's 21" +, reason is the 20" look really small on this car for some reason.

Quick Reply: MUST MUST HAVE option for Cayenne Base?