Sponsored By:

2019 Cayenne E-Hybrid new build help

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 08:56 AM
PGPorsche
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2019 Cayenne E-Hybrid new build help

Super excited to be joining the Porsche family. I've put my deposit down on the E-Hybrid and am looking to finalize the build. I will be going from a Audi S6 to the Cayenne. Most of my driving is around town with the occasional highway drive for kids activities or golf/ski trips. I'm locked in on midnight blue exterior with 21" RS spyder wheels with wheel arch extension. Also going with premium package plus with massage seats added.

Questions:
1. Interior color - slate grey full leather or truffle/cohiba club leather? Grey seems safer with blue exterior, but two tone brown could be sweet.

2. Setup for ski/bike hauling - roof rails or trailor hitch, don't love the look of roof rails, but have no experience using trailer hitch for hauling skis or bikes

3. Performance features - PASM standard on hybrid, thinking at a minimum air suspension and rear wheel steering, really tempted to get PDCC but might be a big waste as most of my spirited driving is during the occasional highway trip.

4. Comfort Assist features - Surround View and ACC, besides front and backup camera, don't use either of these features on my current car. Seems like they should be standard on a $100k car but are not.

Any other suggestions to make this the perfect performance family hauler?
Old 01-26-2019, 12:35 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Here are some thoughts to your questions.

I have the truffle/cohiba, which I ordered without seeing the real thing. The truffle is chocolate brown and the cohiba is like a baseball mitt. I like it with Carrera White. JCWLS3 has one with Midnight blue and truffle cohiba so check out his pictures.

I got the roof rails and the towing hitch. I prefer to put bikes on the roof because all of the dirt swirls around the back when you drive. I also have a Yakima roof box for skis. I got the towing set up just in case I ever needed it or wanted to use a bike rack in the back but likely will not use it.

The surround view is very good if you ever have to park in tight spaces. I would never use ACC so didn't order it.

As for performance options, the rear steering makes the turning circle much smaller. I think that the air suspension helps with the ride. I have PDCC, which works very well, and helps keep the car level in turns. My guess is that the hybrid is heavier so this might actually be more helpful than a gas Cayenne. However, I ordered essentially all the performance options so I might not be the best person to base your opinion off of.

Congrats on the order. My empathy for the wait. I had to wait 11 months to get my Turbo.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:23 PM
PGPorsche
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for your thoughts. Will try and track down some pics of JCWLS3's car.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:01 PM
Gmoe01
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I also have an E-Hybrid on order. I included PDCC, Air Suspension and Rear Wheel Steering in my build because I thought they would be important based on the extra 500 lbs of weight over the rear end compared to the other models.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:57 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

My thoughts:

1. Slate gray looks superb with a blue exterior. Love that combo.

2. Not a fan of the roof rails on the Cayenne, a hitch with my Thule bike carrier is easier to load.

3. Air suspension!

4. I never used the surround view in my 958 although it is impressive in this Cayenne, the standard rear view camera with sensors will work for me just fine.

Quick Reply: 2019 Cayenne E-Hybrid new build help