Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - (https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-9y0-2019-247/)
-   -   Burmester ? (https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-9y0-2019/1124959-burmester.html)

docmd2010 01-19-2019 10:57 PM

Burmester ?

did anyone get this or has owned it? I’m not sure it’s worth it to spend 6k extra on this as there is so much road noise. This is coming from an audiophile, with a 6 figure 2 channel system at home. My audiophile self tells me I’d be foolish not to get it. But my practical self tells me it might not be worth the cash.

newbie2p 01-19-2019 11:21 PM

I did opt for it my turbo but didn’t get performance exhaust or thermal insulated glass. Will see in mid February if it was good decision. I read a lot about burmester other threads on Rennlist and YouTube. Conclusion was while it may not be worthwhile in a 911, it should definitely be considered in the larger Cayenne. Just my two cents.

WCH BOS 01-20-2019 08:00 AM

I got it in my Cayenne but didn't in my 911 and my wife's Macan. I regretted not getting it in the 911. I didn't because I thought it wouldn't matter because of the road noise but the tinny Bose bothered me. It sounds great in the Cayenne. My wife drives the Macan and doesn't care is that is fine.

This is definitely a personal choice. I would use past cars as a guide. If you didn't like the non base audio system you probably should get it.

bmcginn 01-20-2019 10:16 AM

I didn’t get it in my Panamera Turbo. I’m not an audiophile, so the Bose system sounds fine to me.

psw 01-20-2019 11:31 AM

2019 turbo with sport exhaust Burmester sound system is fantastic especially if you love bass this thing pounds it out. I did turn the bass down as it was overpowering for me. The sound is far superior to the Bose i have in 2016 Cayenne I do not have insulated glass and the car is very quiet on the highway. I have not been in a car with insulated glass but it just might be too quiet with the insulated glass

ufmike316 01-22-2019 10:19 AM

I was on the fence about the insulated glass and burmester, as I didn’t know if it would be worth the extra money. Of all the options I was on the fence about, these 2 are the ones I regret the least. The burmester sounds great, and I think the insulated glass works well. Technically, I don’t know what it sounds like without the insulated glass, but it’s very quiet with it. Even sat radio sounds good on the burmester, which I always think sat radio sounds like garbage. I ordered the 6 disc changer, thinking I would need that to play discs to get the full potential out of the burmester. My iTunes on my phone sound just as good as the CDs do. The processing in the burmester is really good. I can hear a noticeable difference when playing dvd audio on the cd changer though. The 5.1 definitely sounds better than my iTunes.

docmd2010 01-22-2019 11:57 PM

Ok sold. I’m getting the burmester. Question on the PSE, is this piped in, artificial sound through the speakers in the interior like Bmw does ?

JCWLS3 01-23-2019 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by docmd2010 (Post 15586066)
Question on the PSE, is this piped in, artificial sound through the speakers in the interior like Bmw does ?

No fake stuff on PSE. Different resonator and active baffles change the exhaust note.

docmd2010 01-29-2019 07:30 AM

There was a concern raised on another thread about reduced cell phone reception in the car if you get the insulated glass. Have you experienced this ?

Originally Posted by ufmike316 (Post 15584053)
I was on the fence about the insulated glass and burmester, as I didn’t know if it would be worth the extra money. Of all the options I was on the fence about, these 2 are the ones I regret the least. The burmester sounds great, and I think the insulated glass works well. Technically, I don’t know what it sounds like without the insulated glass, but it’s very quiet with it. Even sat radio sounds good on the burmester, which I always think sat radio sounds like garbage. I ordered the 6 disc changer, thinking I would need that to play discs to get the full potential out of the burmester. My iTunes on my phone sound just as good as the CDs do. The processing in the burmester is really good. I can hear a noticeable difference when playing dvd audio on the cd changer though. The 5.1 definitely sounds better than my iTunes.

fkim011 01-29-2019 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by docmd2010 (Post 15600301)
There was a concern raised on another thread about reduced cell phone reception in the car if you get the insulated glass. Have you experienced this ?

If that is the concern, you should option it with the smartphone option. This option is in the armrest and it boosts the reception of the phone.

SilverSteel 02-06-2019 04:58 PM

Yeah, I'll get the Burmeister too. Great information. Thanks.