Sponsored By:

3 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 09:15 AM
Sobrut911
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
Default 3 Questions

I have lowered the brightness on the center/tach display to its lowest setting and it’s still too bright. Is it normal for it to remain so bright and more importantly is there any way to dim it further? How do you know if the auto-recirculation is on or off? In other words, is it on when the red light is on or is it off? I have read the manual and it does not say.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:48 AM
azra
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

not sure about the first question.

for the 2nd question I had the same concern, it seems the car is always on auto-recirculation, I could never get air from the outside directly into the cabin no matter what setting.
and lastly when the red light is on means the functionality is ON, so it should mean you turned it on.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:54 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Sobrut911
I have lowered the brightness on the center/tach display to its lowest setting and it’s still too bright. Is it normal for it to remain so bright and more importantly is there any way to dim it further? How do you know if the auto-recirculation is on or off? In other words, is it on when the red light is on or is it off? I have read the manual and it does not say.

Watch the Climate Control video. It covers the two ways to set Auto Recirc - one in the PCM and one on the lower panel adjacent to the PDK lever. Azras post above is at odds with Porsche’s instructions in the video. I’m not sure how one could know whether the air is not being recirculated, other than the relevant icons.

http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...e/interior/498
Old 01-20-2019, 05:57 PM
Sobrut911
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Thanks for input. I watched the video 3 times and unless I’m missing something the narrator never actually states how to turn the auto-recirculation on like he does with eco-air conditioning.The recirculation button to the right of the shifter is to operate it manually so I know when I press it and the yellow light is illuminated it’s on recirculate. My guess is it’s on when red line is illuminated. I guess it’s time to call Porsche rep.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:08 AM
azra
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Sobrut911
Thanks for input. I watched the video 3 times and unless I’m missing something the narrator never actually states how to turn the auto-recirculation on like he does with eco-air conditioning.The recirculation button to the right of the shifter is to operate it manually so I know when I press it and the yellow light is illuminated it’s on recirculate. My guess is it’s on when red line is illuminated. I guess it’s time to call Porsche rep.
your guess I think is correct.

my issue is why does the A/C and fans turn on instantly when you just press the re-circulate button right to the shifter.

the behavior in other cars I owned is when pressing this button is that it will stop outside air from coming into the cabin, not necessarily turning on the A/C.

Quick Reply: 3 Questions