Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cayenne S Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 10:22 AM
gator9_911
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Mine showed up at dealer yesterday. Right on schedule. Picking it up Friday.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:26 PM
Kaiser_Soze
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, after a meeting at the dealership today, I am going to "wait it out" and still get the PSCB's. Yesterday, I called the dealership and wanted a meeting to discuss the option of ditching the PSCB brakes, and go for the standard brakes, also to find out what was going on! I was extremely upset! My delivery dates were pushed back from October 2018, December 2018, to February 2019, March 2019, and now to June 2019!
I am going to wait and get the brakes that I want. Why change the order to hopefully get my vehicle earlier, and not getting what I really want, why settle? I also contacted Porsche N.A. about all my delays, although she was very cordial, she had no fore-sight, or explanation of any of my delays to my vehicle (Allocation?) She actually was based in Atlanta, Porsche N.A. no call center here, and didn't mention of any crisis at the PSCB factory plant, or even if the brakes are the delay? Maybe denial, didn't want publicity? Who knows. Well that being said, it may come in early? (Not holding my breath!)
CHEERS, to you all that have yours, and especially the PSCB brakes! Mine will arrive someday, (I Hope).
Old 01-12-2019, 07:30 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 223 Posts

Strange mine has been at the port for 2+ weeks getting recalls done? every other car I have ordered in the last 2 years has made it from port to dealership within 48 hrs of the boat arriving
Old 01-13-2019, 02:20 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaiser_Soze
Well, after a meeting at the dealership today, I am going to "wait it out" and still get the PSCB's. Yesterday, I called the dealership and wanted a meeting to discuss the option of ditching the PSCB brakes, and go for the standard brakes, also to find out what was going on! I was extremely upset! My delivery dates were pushed back from October 2018, December 2018, to February 2019, March 2019, and now to June 2019!
I am going to wait and get the brakes that I want. Why change the order to hopefully get my vehicle earlier, and not getting what I really want, why settle?
I think settling on any custom-ordered car -- particularly one as expensive and exclusive as a Porsche -- is a bad idea. I would wait too. That doesn't make it any easier to stomach, does it?

From what I've experienced with PSCB, you will not regret waiting. They were that good in our test drive. And even though we dropped them from our Turbo in favor of PCCB to avoid delay, I can tell you we would not have done the same were we ordering a base or S. Nine grand would've been too steep a price to pay.

Good luck. I hope they get production moving sooner rather than later on PSCB. They should be embarrassed by this whole fiasco. These brakes are being presented as an engineering centerpiece for the whole company moving forward.
Old 01-13-2019, 05:23 PM
Kaiser_Soze
Intermediate

Spot on, agreed 100% Thanks for the re-assurance, and reply.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:50 PM
Kaiser_Soze
Intermediate

Just browsing on the Porsche N.A. website build pages, seems that only the Cayenne model is the only Porsche that has available PSCB brakes to it's build. Interesting? wonder why? These brakes were supposed to be almost as good, if not better than the PCCB at almost half the cost, and NOT available on any other Porsche vehicle. Things that make you go hmmm.... BTW still waiting.... ordered mine on February 12, 2018. due in JUNE 2019-right! Haaa!
Old 01-21-2019, 06:00 PM
dspvend
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Was just told that my car was also pushed back to June! Was supposed to be delivered end of April but maybe the PSCB are pushing it back? Salesman said car would start being build in April and be a June delivery now but might come a bit sooner? Guess it's the PSCB holding things up!

Last edited by dspvend; 01-24-2019 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:34 PM
Kaiser_Soze
Intermediate

Hopefully it will come sooner. No one at Porsche can give definitive answer, or want to talk about the reason on the delay's. Pretty disappointing! This is not my first Porsche (3rd one) but strongly considering a different brand after this fiasco.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:58 AM
dspvend
Instructor

It's all good I guess but I'm definitely anxious!! I wasn't going to delete the PSCB anyway because I feel that's a great option to get! I'll just keep my Mercedes ML a bit longer than anticipated!

Last edited by dspvend; 01-24-2019 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:44 PM
Kaiser_Soze
Intermediate

Curious, has as anyone taken delivery of an S recently in North America with the PSCB's? Thanks in advance!
Old 03-13-2019, 09:43 PM
Kaiser_Soze
Intermediate

Now it's March 2019 (almost the middle of). I am still waiting for my Cayenne, 13 Months 1 day since putting my down payment, but who's counting? SA still saying possible June 21-ish delivery. It's hard still to be exited about this.
Has anyone received their Cayenne in the U.S. with PSCB lately? Is there still a delay in PSCB manufacturing? or, any other heard of Cayenne delays in production?
Thanks!
Old 03-14-2019, 10:17 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaiser_Soze
Now it's March 2019 (almost the middle of). I am still waiting for my Cayenne, 13 Months 1 day since putting my down payment, but who's counting? SA still saying possible June 21-ish delivery. It's hard still to be exited about this.
Has anyone received their Cayenne in the U.S. with PSCB lately? Is there still a delay in PSCB manufacturing? or, any other heard of Cayenne delays in production?
Thanks!
I'm not sure about the current situation regarding PSCB availability, but I have noticed recently that the only Cayennes I've seen on dealer lots with them have been Turbo models. That's it.

Hang in there, it'll be worth the wait. An exercise in extreme patience for sure!
Old 03-14-2019, 10:43 AM
dspvend
Instructor

Hey Kaiser_Soze,
I ordered my Cayenne S January 3rd with the PSCB option also! Salesman said I should see car end of June. What other options did you opt for?
I'd be really annoyed also and maybe call Porsche of North America and see if they'd tell me anything as to what's holding up the build? It's definitely frustrating and don't blame you for being upset I'd be annoyed as hell also! What courses of action have you taken from the dealer level up just curious if you'd care to share?
Old 03-14-2019, 02:41 PM
Kaiser_Soze
Intermediate

Hey dspvend,

Here is my build: PKUPNJB9
I have already contacted Porsche of N.A. in January 2019, explained the situation with an email about the numerous delays I've had. The response I received basically was: that they had no explanation of what the delay was, and to "encourage you to continue working with your dealership" This was right from the Atlanta, Porsche of N.A.
The following day, I had a 2 hour meeting at my dealership weighing the options, cancelling, changing options, or sticking with the build. I really did not want to cancel at that point, changing the brakes to Ceramic or Standard, which would have put me at the back of the list (as if I'm not there already). or sticking, I chose sticking for now.
I have to call my S.A. at the beginning of every month to "check in" how it's coming along, no regular updates with them.
If it's not cued to build soon, it will be delayed again I'm sure. I'm giving it one more month, Then I'm bailing, adios Porsche!
Old 03-14-2019, 06:02 PM
dspvend
Instructor

Its a Beautiful build Kaiser! I'm thinking you'll see the car come June like they said but if you don't you can always bail and go to another brand model etc.
If my car is not here in and around June I might get pissed also! Wishing you the best and hoping you get your car soon! Surprised It's taken so long.

Quick Reply: Cayenne S Delivery