Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Glitches

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 09:29 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Can't answer with any certainty there -- depends on the sample size, I am sure.

Let me write my opinion a different way. Another Rennlister who has become way too familiar with how to flatbed his Cayenne back to the shop reports his dealer / PCNA telling him a new PCM software update is imminent, within the next few weeks. I have already asked our service adviser to call me when it's available. We will bring our October 2018-birthed Turbo in week or two after that. Why the wait? Because programmers have been known to break one thing to fix two, and I'd rather not be the guy to figure out what's gonna be newly broken.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:51 PM
500RJC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JCWLS3
Can't answer with any certainty there -- depends on the sample size, I am sure.

Let me write my opinion a different way. Another Rennlister who has become way too familiar with how to flatbed his Cayenne back to the shop reports his dealer / PCNA telling him a new PCM software update is imminent, within the next few weeks. I have already asked our service adviser to call me when it's available. We will bring our October 2018-birthed Turbo in week or two after that. Why the wait? Because programmers have been known to break one thing to fix two, and I'd rather not be the guy to figure out what's gonna be newly broken.
Thanks, lets hope his dealer is right and the programmers havent been doing apple ios updates!

Last edited by 500RJC; 03-09-2019 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-09-2019, 04:08 PM
oliver991
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone have their dealer update software in the past month or so? Have an Oct delivered car and the dealer suggested updating software to fix some glitches with an iPhone 10X. Any experiences yay or nay?
Old 03-09-2019, 04:11 PM
oliver991
Rennlist Member

Was in dealer yesterday and they had an update for my Oct delivered base. Are we talking about a new upcoming version release?
The following users liked this post:
C4SJOHN (04-18-2021)
Old 03-09-2019, 04:33 PM
500RJC
Instructor

Originally Posted by oliver991
Was in dealer yesterday and they had an update for my Oct delivered base. Are we talking about a new upcoming version release?
Did they indicate what it covered?
Old 03-09-2019, 04:47 PM
oliver991
Rennlist Member

Lol no! First it took them over 4 hours to download and then they trouble installing it. They said it was the first update they were aware of and the first time they were updating the new Cayenne. They’ve decided to hold off on the update for now until they get some additional info from PCNA
Old 03-09-2019, 05:35 PM
500RJC
Instructor

Lol no! First it took them over 4 hours to download and then they trouble installing it. They said it was the first update they were aware of and the first time they were updating the new Cayenne. They’ve decided to hold off on the update for now until they get some additional info from PCNA
I'm sure just what you wanted to hear lol
Old 03-09-2019, 07:28 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,139 Likes on 560 Posts

Hope it fixes the problem. That's nothing (so far) compared to early 2009 M3 DCT problems. Mine had to go through 4 software updates over 6 months before it started working normally, with updates taking 12+ hours each, and one of them going wrong and killing the entire car for several days.

But still unsettling that Porsche has so many issues with the new Cayenne.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:51 PM
500RJC
Instructor

When will the mid-way/6mo point of prodcution be reached with the new CY? Generally at that point the factory may make significant mid model year updates.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:35 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,139 Likes on 560 Posts

Originally Posted by 500RJC
When will the mid-way/6mo point of prodcution be reached with the new CY? Generally at that point the factory may make significant mid model year updates.
They started making NA models sometime in August 2018. Not sure about Euro models. But both updates I was waiting for (advanced parking features, such as trailer maneuvering and wheel curbing sensors, and intelligent headlight enable) will only be available starting August 2019 production for 2020 model year. The first model year gets shafted more than usual this time :-(
Old 03-09-2019, 10:56 PM
500RJC
Instructor

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
They started making NA models sometime in August 2018. Not sure about Euro models. But both updates I was waiting for (advanced parking features, such as trailer maneuvering and wheel curbing sensors, and intelligent headlight enable) will only be available starting August 2019 production for 2020 model year. The first model year gets shafted more than usual this time :-(
Thanks for the info.
I was actually referring to updating exsisitng sytems/addressing glitches at the mid-way point of production, but thinking about it, that wouldnt matter for things they have yet to determine causes of/fixes for.
I like the idea of the wheel curbing sensors and although we take great care to avoid this, I see countless vehicles with curb rash on some very nice wheels.
Old 03-10-2019, 01:18 PM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 310 Likes on 203 Posts
Default software update - version information

I recently had my entire PCM unit replaced because it would not take a software update. It sounds like you have the same problem - if your dealer can't install your update, it's likely the PCM needs to be replaced like mine was. The new software I received was supposed to fix some bugs I was complaining about, but it didn't. I have no idea what the update was for, and my service tech claimed to have no information at all about it. He just did what PCNA tech said to do.

So many folks on this forum seem to be complaining about one PCM bug or another, I believe it would be helpful if we all compared notes on our software and PCM hardware versions so that if someone gets an update that actually fixes something, we can go to our dealers and know what to ask for. To start that ball rolling, here's what's my base '19 Cayenne reports: updated software version is MH2p_US_POG35_P2483, and PCM hardware version is H046. You can find this information by navigating on your PCM to Car, Control, System.
Old 03-10-2019, 01:42 PM
500RJC
Instructor

Originally Posted by LSR
I recently had my entire PCM unit replaced because it would not take a software update. It sounds like you have the same problem - if your dealer can't install your update, it's likely the PCM needs to be replaced like mine was. The new software I received was supposed to fix some bugs I was complaining about, but it didn't. I have no idea what the update was for, and my service tech claimed to have no information at all about it. He just did what PCNA tech said to do.

So many folks on this forum seem to be complaining about one PCM bug or another, I believe it would be helpful if we all compared notes on our software and PCM hardware versions so that if someone gets an update that actually fixes something, we can go to our dealers and know what to ask for. To start that ball rolling, here's what's my base '19 Cayenne reports: updated software version is MH2p_US_POG35_P2483, and PCM hardware version is H046. You can find this information by navigating on your PCM to Car, Control, System.
Great info. Including one's production date in their sig is also helpful when tracking issues
Old 03-10-2019, 02:03 PM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 310 Likes on 203 Posts

Anyone have their dealer update software in the past month or so? Have an Oct delivered car and the dealer suggested updating software to fix some glitches with an iPhone 10X. Any experiences yay or nay?
Do you have any information on the iPhone glitches that are addressed by the update?
Old 03-10-2019, 02:04 PM
bsklar
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote from above post: "To start that ball rolling, here's what's my base '19 Cayenne reports: updated software version is MH2p_US_POG35_P2483, and PCM hardware version is H046."

My November 2019Base has same versions indicated above and has:

Media Driver Version 025PROD-1
Phone Driver Version 10.766.282

Have all the same issues that everyone is experiencing. One of the most annoying is the Bluetooth dropping with latest iPhone10 and latest Apple Updates. Has been in to shop for this but no fixes for any of the issues.

Quick Reply: Glitches