Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Auto Start / Stop Issue

Old 12-26-2018, 09:10 AM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

I don't expect the auto start/stop issue to be fixed. It is a fuel efficiency thing that's used to meet efficiency requirements. The agencies frown on fuel efficiency features that can be forever defeated with one press of a button. Maybe we should be grateful that we do have a way defeat auto start/stop - even if it means pressing a button every time we start the vehicle.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:37 AM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

After 2015 or so, Porsche reversed the way the auto start button works. It used to stay off once you switched it on.

Give it some time and there will be someone who will design a work around. Maybe send a note to those guys who already designed the work around for prior generations. Don't remember who they are but a search in the 958 or 991 forum should work
Old 12-26-2018, 11:39 AM
Blackfield
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
After 2015 or so, Porsche reversed the way the auto start button works. It used to stay off once you switched it on.

Give it some time and there will be someone who will design a work around. Maybe send a note to those guys who already designed the work around for prior generations. Don't remember who they are but a search in the 958 or 991 forum should work
Thanks. I found this module, http://t-design9.com/memory_module.html. It seems only work for 958 Cayenne at the moment. Maybe there is a hope.

Last edited by Blackfield; 12-26-2018 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 03:49 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

I can confirm alpine-al’s post re: engaging Sport Mode to disable auto start-stop in the 2018 Macan Sport we’ve been driving while we wait for our Cayenne. We automatically reach for the Sport button every time we start the car anyway, so it’s not a big deal. Hopefully our Turbo will be the same way.

I’ll post an update as soon as we take delivery.
Old 12-26-2018, 05:36 PM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 310 Likes on 203 Posts
Default Auto stop/start

I spoke with the folks at T-Design. They hadn’t gotten their hands on a new Cayenne yet. But I was told if a 2019 Cayenne has sport chrono (with the additional steering wheel control), they believe they’ll be able to implement their stop/start solution. For cars without, probably not.
Old 12-26-2018, 05:43 PM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 310 Likes on 203 Posts
Default Auto stop/start

I spoke with the folks at T-Design. They hadn’t gotten their hands on a new Cayenne yet. But I was told if a 2019 Cayenne has sport chrono (with the additional steering wheel control), they believe they’ll be able to implement their stop/start solution. For cars without, probably not.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:43 PM
fkim011
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackfield
This is frustrating. In my BMW F80, one can deactivate this once and forget about it. For a company that builds sport cars, not sure why Porsche does not implement it this way..

Does the Sport Chrono package remember the last selected mode?

I don't plan for getting this package but it can remember the last selected mode (after the engine is shut off), maybe it is worth while just so I can deactivate the auto start-off for good).
There are 4 options on the click wheel that is on the steering wheel for people with sport chrono. One of them is "IND" which stands for individual. In this setting, you can have all the drive options tailored to you and saved and have auto shutoff completely turned off. You start up the car and move the click wheel to "IND" in a matter of seconds have the auto shut off disabled instantly. That is why I got the sports chrono on both the Panamera Turbo and my Cayenne Turbo plus it gives you launch control.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:59 PM
Blackfield
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JCWLS3
I can confirm alpine-al’s post re: engaging Sport Mode to disable auto start-stop in the 2018 Macan Sport we’ve been driving while we wait for our Cayenne. We automatically reach for the Sport button every time we start the car anyway, so it’s not a big deal. Hopefully our Turbo will be the same way.

I’ll post an update as soon as we take delivery.
I think it is already confirmed that engaging Sport mode will disable auto start-stop in Cayenne.

This is a screenshot from Nick Murray's video about the settings that you can control for each Sport Chrono mode.

The t-design memory module is the ideal solution, it's just unfortunate that it does not come standard from factory.

Old 12-27-2018, 03:45 AM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackfield
I think it is already confirmed that engaging Sport mode will disable auto start-stop in Cayenne.
This is great info. Thanks for the screenshot!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Auto Start / Stop Issue