Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ever tried lifting the front wipers??
Old 01-27-2019, 01:36 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Theodor
Ever tried lifting the front wipers??
Once a week, every time I detail the car. They don't fold up either. But they lift a little further.

Old 01-27-2019, 03:07 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

For the front wipers you need to put them in service mode. With ignition off, push the wiper stalk down and hold. Wipers will move to 90 degrees and you can fold them back from the window. When you are finished, put the wipers back on the window, and then turn "key" to on position and push stalk again and the wipers will go back to their normal position under the back edge of the hood.
The following users liked this post:
gofit (02-01-2021)
Old 01-27-2019, 04:38 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by WCH BOS
For the front wipers you need to put them in service mode. With ignition off, push the wiper stalk down and hold. Wipers will move to 90 degrees and you can fold them back from the window. When you are finished, put the wipers back on the window, and then turn "key" to on position and push stalk again and the wipers will go back to their normal position under the back edge of the hood.
I’m gonna stop answering questions altogether. From now on, I will post the following: “Refer all questions to the dude from Boston, even though his NFL team sucks. He is The Man!”

WCH, thanks again for your expertise.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:22 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't deserve the credit. I had to figure this out last weekend because we went skiing in Vermont and it snowed 26 inches and then was 7°F. I looked up the wipers in the Good to know app and this was there. It's amazing, geeky and over the top in a German engineering kind of way.

The Cayenne was great in the snow and cold even on all season tires. Overnight everything froze on the outside so I initially had lots of alerts that things that require the sensors were off line (auto high beam, collision warning, a couple of the parking sensors). However, it started up without a problem and once all of these things thawed, everything went back to normal.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:57 PM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WCH BOS
I'm not sure how I did it but I lifted the front wipers off the glass to wash the car and when I started the car with the wipers still in an up position, the wipes snapped back to their normal position and in doing so placed a small scratch on the paint. I have never had a car do that before. So be careful.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:17 AM
gmblack3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While washing a clients new turbo yesterday, I grabbed the rear wiper arm in hopes of lifting it out of the way, the cover came right off. It seems to snap back into place and comes off again just as easy.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:29 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine-al
I don't think that it's strange.
Well, pretty much 100% of all front wipers can be raised off the windshield, often to full 90 degrees, to make cleaning easy. I agree it seems a little weird that the rear wipe can't do that.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:13 PM
joe 997
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Took delivery on our2020 S 2 weeks ago. Rear wiper cover already off!!! What ever the issue is it hasn't been solved
Old 11-21-2019, 03:57 PM
davidc1
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I lost my wiper cover somewhere. It must have been on the highway or car wash. I got the replacement for $8 at the dealer. This one snapped in tightly. It seems the original cover was missing a metal clip that secures it. It's on very tight now.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:31 AM
normp
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I’ve replaced my cover once, at $8 not a big deal. I do keep plastic sleeve/baggie in the car that I slip over the wiper at the car wash. I wish I didn’t have to use a car wash but it just isn’t practical during the winter months.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:55 PM
ambitin
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by c4s911
I am really the only person that thinks is strange that the wiper does not life off the window other than about 1/8 inch....... real pain for cleaning the back window. Does anyone know if the wiper off a Macan or maybe Audi would work better and I could just swap it out ?
Yes, it's strange and annoying.
Old 01-31-2021, 04:47 PM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by c4s911
I am really the only person that thinks is strange that the wiper does not life off the window other than about 1/8 inch....... real pain for cleaning the back window. Does anyone know if the wiper off a Macan or maybe Audi would work better and I could just swap it out ?
I just picked up a 2019 Turbo CPO’d from Loeber Porsche last month. When I picked up the car and we were doing the final walk around for the handover, I noticed that the rear wiper blade cover was missing and they popped a new one on. I had no idea that this is actually “a thing” with the 9Y0 series Cayennes, so being paranoid after reading this thread I just checked mine. It’s on there rock solid so it looks like the Dealers are aware of the correct installation method.

While I was in the garage, I checked my wife’s 2018 Audi Q7 and interestingly the rear wiper articulates up to a 90 degree angle to service it and clean the rear window. Given how many parts Porsche and Audi shares, I’m kinda surprised they don’t share the better part from the Q7 (don’t judge me on the state of my wife’s car - it’s snowed 8” here and still going strong today....)

Old 06-27-2021, 08:27 PM
redbaron01
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Glade you posted this ,,, had to re-connect mine today ,, nothing in manual I could find ,,brdgs
Old 06-27-2021, 09:48 PM
icemang
Rennlist Member

Received 201 Likes on 146 Posts

Thanks for the bump, Redbaron, I didn't know this could be an issue until now, I'll check it in the AM.

Quick Reply: rear wiper blade arm cover problem