Sponsored By:

Scheduled Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 01:35 AM
Pvilly
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scheduled Maintenance

What is the scheduled maintenance for the new Cayenne? What, if any, service is included as part of the purchase? To the extent there is no / limited maintenance included, what are folks doing in terms of pre-paid maintenance plans?
Old 10-09-2018, 03:33 AM
Kai N
Intermediate

Thanks for starting the thread. We are wondering the same thing.......
Old 10-09-2018, 10:59 AM
fkim011
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Porsche doesn't offer any included maintenance. If you do purchase a maintenance plan, it will be dealer specific.

It is alternating A and B service every 10K. The A service is pretty much basic oil change and lots of visual checks. B service is a tad more extensive and sometimes includes air filters and cabin filters...

Personally I do it myself or take it to a local indy where I bring what is needed for the service. Saves me a lot of $$.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:07 AM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

On the US configurator, the first 10K maintenance is included in the purchase price.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:57 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by fkim011
Personally I do it myself or take it to a local indy where I bring what is needed for the service. Saves me a lot of $$.
I've always done basic maintenance on my cars too. Any warranty concerns specific to Porsche that you've experienced, or are aware of?

There's a local Euro shop that has gotten rave reviews from Porsche owners for maintenance. I've been debating about letting them do the basic stuff too. I'm just not thrilled with $200 oil changes at the dealer. I'll pay it if I need to, but I'd rather not. And frankly, I'd rather do it myself so I know the job is done right. (Alternatively, at least I'll know who to blame if I screw it up.)
Old 10-10-2018, 01:00 AM
Simran Ahluwalia
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey,

Which Euro shop are you referring to? I might want to check them out also.

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2018, 11:27 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Hance’s European in Dallas.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:33 AM
Simran Ahluwalia
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JCWLS3
Hance’s European in Dallas.
Thanks!
Old 12-26-2018, 11:22 PM
ThaiGuy
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Folks, I wanted to bump this up as I have seen some new deliveries on the forums. I am expecting to see my car in a week or two. How much are you guys offered in term of pre-paid maintenance? I would like to have this info in my back pocket on the delivery day (or I believe the dealer allows couple months after to buy, still). Thank you.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:27 AM
psw
Track Day

2019 Cayenne Turbo us market first year included in price of the car.... 3 year maintenance plan I was quoted 2400
Old 12-27-2018, 02:29 PM
adave
Intermediate

I purchased plus 3 for a total of 4 years covered for ~ $4500. There is a large service in year 4 I believe that ups the price.

Anyone in Houston have a recommendation for a good Porsche independent shop?? I don't know of one so I just bought the plan. But, for my next P-car I probably will do more research on indy shops.
Old 12-28-2018, 12:04 PM
zelement
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 9 Posts

The first service at 10K is included with the purchase. Since mine is a 36 months lease, I purchased the 2nd and 3rd service for $2450 from dealer. Having the pre-paid maintenance also increased the residual value by 2%.
Old 12-28-2018, 12:35 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Just a couple of thoughts from a veteran Porsche owner. I know some of you come from other luxury brands, where maintenance is included in the price. In the Porsche world, everything is extra. Just keep that in mind.

Ok. For those who prefer to DYI, please bear in mind that it is not easy to get a tool to reset the computer. There are only a few independent vendors who make the OBEII tools to help you reset the service intervals. Since this car is quite new, I doubt there is such a tool yet but you can do a search on Amazon etc. Also, keep receipts of what you did for warranty purposes. You don't want Porsche to deny a repair because there is no record that you performed a specific maintenance requirement.

For those who are thinking about the prepaid plan: I had it in my 958. Lets say it is worth it if you drive enough miles to satisfy the service intervals set by the computer. Otherwise, since it is time specific, you lose whatever remaining service stops that you already paid.

Looking back, I would not have bought the pre-paid plan because it forced me to drove some more miles than I would otherwise have done. Obviously, if you are leasing the car and want to include all costs in the initial transaction, and you know you'll drive the miles, then go for it.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:03 PM
ThaiGuy
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you. Coming from a Mercedes, my MB PPM was also time-specific, but I bought the PPM plan right before my first year anniversary of the car so the clock actually started on the day I bought PPM, not the entire car age. I will find out from my dealer to see what can work best. I would not want to put more miles just to get to the maintenance marks.

Originally Posted by visitador
Just a couple of thoughts from a veteran Porsche owner. I know some of you come from other luxury brands, where maintenance is included in the price. In the Porsche world, everything is extra. Just keep that in mind.

Ok. For those who prefer to DYI, please bear in mind that it is not easy to get a tool to reset the computer. There are only a few independent vendors who make the OBEII tools to help you reset the service intervals. Since this car is quite new, I doubt there is such a tool yet but you can do a search on Amazon etc. Also, keep receipts of what you did for warranty purposes. You don't want Porsche to deny a repair because there is no record that you performed a specific maintenance requirement.

For those who are thinking about the prepaid plan: I had it in my 958. Lets say it is worth it if you drive enough miles to satisfy the service intervals set by the computer. Otherwise, since it is time specific, you lose whatever remaining service stops that you already paid.

Looking back, I would not have bought the pre-paid plan because it forced me to drove some more miles than I would otherwise have done. Obviously, if you are leasing the car and want to include all costs in the initial transaction, and you know you'll drive the miles, then go for it.

Quick Reply: Scheduled Maintenance