Sponsored By:

Body Roll

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 12:42 PM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Body Roll

I understand how PASM (spring dampening) and PDCC (body roll) work. My question is: would PASM alone (no PDCC) control body roll somewhat?
Old 10-05-2018, 08:34 PM
vangoose
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Just took delivery of mine with PASM without PDCC.

The default setting is already firm, haven't got time to try more aggressively. Will report back when I got time.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:48 PM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 69 Posts

Good question in Mercedes-Benz S class the magic body control more air in put into the air spring on the outward side of the turn to reduce body roll. Not sure if the Porsche system does this. My hunch is that it doesn't do this and they leave the PDCC to further address body roll
Old 10-05-2018, 11:02 PM
porscherex
Pro

Originally Posted by vangoose
Just took delivery of mine with PASM without PDCC.

The default setting is already firm, haven't got time to try more aggressively. Will report back when I got time.
Pls do. I'm expecting mine in about 3 weeks. It has PASM but no PDCC. Thanks.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:09 PM
porscherex
Pro

Originally Posted by Fixinbones
Good question in Mercedes-Benz S class the magic body control more air in put into the air spring on the outward side of the turn to reduce body roll. Not sure if the Porsche system does this. My hunch is that it doesn't do this and they leave the PDCC to further address body roll
Yes that would appear to be correct. Since PASM firms the springs with aggressive driving, I would assume that helps with body roll. PDCC would then lessen body roll even further. Correct?
Old 10-06-2018, 05:30 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 611 Likes on 295 Posts

Almost zero body roll with PASM car without PDCC. Well controlled!
Old 10-06-2018, 07:56 PM
vangoose
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Tried some S curves, almost no body roll even at default setting. Sport mode firms up a little bit, you can feel it.

I think in most cases, I'll leave it in default mode.
Old 10-06-2018, 10:28 PM
porscherex
Pro

Thanks guys. I'm sure glad I ordered PASM.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:38 AM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

We ordered the same setup -- stock Turbo suspension (PASM with adaptive air suspension; no PDCC). Glad to read you guys are liking that setup. We debated for weeks about PDCC. In the end, we decided the price was too high considering our driving style. We also wondered about repairs costs down the road.

I am wondering if PDCC makes a $3600 difference in body control versus PASM in moderate to aggressive street driving. I can definitely see its value on the track. But who tracks a Cayenne?

One final bit that may be helpful: We drive a sport sedan with magnetorheological shocks, similar to what's used in PASM. I waited to buy the thing until they were made available three years into its production run. Having driven both models (standard shocks versus magnetorheological), I can attest to a massive difference in ride comfort, handling and yes, body roll. It is literally night and day. I think PASM will show the same value.

Quick Reply: Body Roll