Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

How do you guys/gals get build and ship dates???

Old 10-04-2018, 06:47 PM
HeavyHwyAg99
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default How do you guys/gals get build and ship dates???

I’ve seen people post about the status of their new Cayennes such as “it’s on the boat” or it’s made it to US and is at the dock”. How do you access this information? My SA doesn’t know a thing about it. Thank you for the advice.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:46 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by HeavyHwyAg99
I’ve seen people post about the status of their new Cayennes such as “it’s on the boat” or it’s made it to US and is at the dock”. How do you access this information? My SA doesn’t know a thing about it. Thank you for the advice.
With all due respect, it sounds like your SA needs some remedial training. I have read that Porsche markets the fact that they do not allow self-service regarding build status as "concierge service." The company encourages dealerships to provide this information to clients on request.

Ask your SA or his or her supervisor for a screenshot of the Tracking tab of the Porsche Sales & Vehicle Management System as shown in this post. This will tell you all you need to know about your car's current and projected status. My SA has offered to send me updates on the car via this method every two weeks.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:29 AM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Your car is being built today!
Old 10-05-2018, 03:48 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Cue the “Your car was built on a Friday!” jokes as it shows up in two months with one of the turbos missing and the clearcoat left off.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:59 AM
dbwalsh
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tracking Your New Porsche

Originally Posted by HeavyHwyAg99
For those who are truly inclined to know exactly where your new Porsche is in the pipeline....here are some things you might find useful.

Ask your SA to provide you a screenshot or printout of your vehicle delivery tracking info. Be advised, it is only an estimate. For example, my Cayenne is in the pipeline now. It was manufactured almost 2 weeks ahead of the planned production date. Therefore, you should request frequent updates. My SA says that his recent deliveries have come in up to a month earlier than projected. It just depends on wait times for trucking, ships and customs.

You can use the "tracking" info provided by your dealer to find the actual ship & schedule...if you are so inclined. I have seen this information posted here before but cannot find it anymore. I fished around a little and here is what I have so far.
  • Go to http://www.pwl.de/en/
  • On the right side, look at the "Liner Schedules"
  • In the top "Liner Schedules" pull down select your destination, such as US East/West Coast
  • In the bottom "Liner Schedules" pull down select "Volkswagen....Export"

This will DOWNLOAD a shipping schedule .pdf file which you can open and use to figure out which ship you might be on. These schedules are published monthly, so they cannot be used too far in advance. Look at your tracking info to see when your vehicle arrives in Emden. Use this info to guesstimate which ship your car will be on.

Once you have an actual ship name and date you can track your ship using the Marine Traffic website. www.marinetraffic.com
This fascinating website shows virtually every ship in the world and includes details about schedules, speeds, eta, etc. Use the filters to clean up the screen or to just look at your ship in particular. I am not an expert on this tool, so I cannot help with tech support...but it is very entertaining!

When you see that your ship has docked at the port, you can go back to using your "Porsche Tracking" info to get a closer estimate of delivery.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any corrections or additions, please post them!
Old 10-31-2018, 08:47 PM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My SA printed out a sheet with the name of the ship, arrival dates, etc. I am tracking it on MarineTraffic.com. This sheet was separate from the tracking schedule.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:35 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

dbwalsh, thanks for the detailed info. I’ve been tracking the Miraculous Ace, the carrier on which our Turbo is floating across the Atlantic, for a few days now. The first time I pulled it up I was stunned by how many TRACKED ships are out there, never mind the rogue non-GPS boats.

I’ve learned more about maritime shipping in the last few days than I knew in the previous 48 years. Cool stuff!
Old 11-01-2018, 09:38 AM
Kai N
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JCWLS3
With all due respect, it sounds like your SA needs some remedial training. I have read that Porsche markets the fact that they do not allow self-service regarding build status as "concierge service." The company encourages dealerships to provide this information to clients on request.

Ask your SA or his or her supervisor for a screenshot of the Tracking tab of the Porsche Sales & Vehicle Management System as shown in this post. This will tell you all you need to know about your car's current and projected status. My SA has offered to send me updates on the car via this method every two weeks.

We wondered about getting status updates on ours also. Our sales person said they are not supposed to share screen shots.

He did let us know it was completed 10/2 and got to Port Emden 10/24. So there is hope that it got onto the boat by now.

Too bad they can’t provide a tracking login for customers to watch their car make its way through the process.

Grrrr!

Old 11-01-2018, 08:43 PM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have received numerous tracking sheets from my SA. He also provided me with a printout outlining the ship my car is on and the ship's itinerary.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:58 AM
Kai N
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porscherex
I have received numerous tracking sheets from my SA. He also provided me with a printout outlining the ship my car is on and the ship's itinerary.

Color me green with envy. When we ordered our Cayenne the sales guy said he would send us updates every few weeks. But we only get updates when we contact him. Bummer, but regardless, the car will be sweet when we get it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do you guys/gals get build and ship dates???