Sponsored By:

PSCB delay / PCCB opinion

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 07:38 PM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by JCWLS3

Not sure about the “ever” part, but thanks for pointing out and reiterating what I’ve read about the life of those rotors when used in reasonable daily driving. Pads and fluid changes are the only routine maintenance items, I’ve read, with PCCB for 100K or more miles.

We’d been on our dealer’s waitlist for a year, and submitted our build the same day our slot way at the top of that list opened up. I guess I didn’t slip my $20 to the right person. Well done, sir.

Our dealer offered a price break on the PCCBs if we chose to swap. Our SA was very kind and apologetic
I think I placed my deposit in March of this year. My sales advisor did say that there were a few of his customers ahead of me who were in no rush to get their vehicles so I think he swapped me into one of their spots. That’s very nice of the dealer to offer you a price break on the ceramics, that’s the right thing for the dealer to do in my opinion.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:13 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixinbones
I think I placed my deposit in March of this year. My sales advisor did say that there were a few of his customers ahead of me who were in no rush to get their vehicles so I think he swapped me into one of their spots.
Talk about nice! I am guessing you have an existing relationship with your dealer. We were just a couple of schlubs from the country who walked in off the street last year and asked the sales manager, “Hi. We want to order one of those new Cayennes. How do we do that?” I figure if that didn’t put us at the bottom of the pecking order straightaway, a glance at the Chevy we pulled up in did it for sure.

I’m a research and numbers geek, as you may have noticed. Realized today that at 440 mm (17.3”!) front and 410 mm rear, the new Cayenne has the largest carbon ceramic disks ever fitted to a regular production Porsche. The Panamera Turbo S runs 420 mm and 410 mm. The 911 Turbo S comes in at a puny 410 and 390. So hey, if you’re into bragging rights, spring for the PCCBs (how immature!).

Last edited by JCWLS3; 08-16-2018 at 10:19 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:30 AM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Good factoid. Asked but no consideration for me on the PCCB but I am getting a discount for being a repeat customer based on percentage so I suppose I am getting a little off the price.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:33 PM
TTurbine
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WCH BOS
I changed to PCCB since I can't wait as my current lease (X5M) ends in early Jan. $6000 is a big add but if I extended my lease (not sure BMW would do it since I am not buying another BMW) I would spend more than the $6K anyways. I'm also kinda of excited to have them.
X5M no where near the new cayyene loaded with the right chasis options. Not even close braking , handeling and acceleration.
And thats comparing with my brothers X5M with around 600hp

Old 08-16-2018, 11:04 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TTurbine

X5M no where near the new cayyene loaded with the right chasis options. Not even close braking , handeling and acceleration.
And thats comparing with my brothers X5M with around 600hp

We'll see - I hope so. The current X5M (F85, now out of production) is an awesome vehicle as was our old Cayenne GTS. However the X5M is bigger and I think heavier than a Cayenne. The GTS was no match for the X5M although they were the same price. I am hoping the new Turbo is a step up.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:39 PM
RONGLOS
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Did a search of inventory on a few dealers and easily found 9 Cayenne base models with PSCB brakes. Don't understand the shortage for the Turbo with standard PSCB's. Remember if you want PSCB's when you replace your rotors some day you will need 20' wheels. Hoping to replace mine on my 2017 991.2 when the time comes. Will see.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:09 PM
fkim011
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

I had a 2013 CTT bought new and sold at 120k on the dial in 3.5 years. Had the front rotors and pads replaced 3 times, rears rotors done once and pads done twice. The front rotors are big money items. Total service cost on brakes alone for 120K miles was close to $6k.

My dad and brother both have the 2016 CTTS with PCCB's std. They do about the same amount of miles on the Peppers a year (40k). They just had a service done and got their brakes checked. The pads and all rotors are still like new (this could also be because we do mostly highway miles). Tech said we should get about 80K on the pads and about 150K on the rotors at this rate. So it pays for itself with the added benefit of less down time, better grab and no brake dust.

So when it came down to ordering my 19 CTT, it was PCCB without question. Only thing I worry about now is when I am getting tires replaced...I have to adamant about the tech hovering the wheels off the Pepper and not to chip the rotors since it is a little more fragile then the steel counterparts.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:01 AM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by fkim011
Only thing I worry about now is when I am getting tires replaced...I have to adamant about the tech hovering the wheels off the Pepper and not to chip the rotors since it is a little more fragile then the steel counterparts.
My understanding is that all PCCB cars come with a single wheel guide to keep the wheels from whacking the rotors on removal / installation. I have also read here on our forums that two are advised. I ordered a few OEM extras from the site below. I'll blow $20 any day if there's a chance I can avoid chipping a $5K rotor.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/por...he-99957107430

Quick Reply: PSCB delay / PCCB opinion