Sponsored By:

Color - Biscay Blue

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 09:39 PM
sprit927
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color - Biscay Blue

What are people's thoughts on biscay blue? I had been thinking moonlight blue metallic over truffle/cohiba brown for my S build, but now I'm not sure. Can't decide if I love or hate biscay blue.

Is there any news on whether more colors will be added?
Old 07-31-2018, 10:17 PM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 69 Posts

I don't think there any other newer colors come in. They ordered the biscay blue for my turbo and I'm very excited for it. All the other colors or just boring to me.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:19 PM
Fixinbones
Pro

Old 07-31-2018, 10:42 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by sprit927
What are people's thoughts on biscay blue? I had been thinking moonlight blue metallic over truffle/cohiba brown for my S build...
That’s the color combo my wife chose for her Turbo. Dark and elegant, but not particularly sporty.

Personally, the more photos of Biscay Blue I see, the better I like it — particularly in bright sunlight. But I do think it’ll be a love it or hate it color as you said.

Moonlight Blue is a far, distant second to Chalk in our book. What an awesome, unique, aggressive color. And of course we can’t get it on the Cayenne. It would look fantastic with the trim blacked out as on this Panamera.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:42 PM
sprit927
8th Gear

Originally Posted by JCWLS3

That’s the color combo my wife chose for her Turbo. Dark and elegant, but not particularly sporty.

Personally, the more photos of Biscay Blue I see, the better I like it — particularly in bright sunlight. But I do think it’ll be a love it or hate it color as you said.
This sums up my dilemma. Dark and elegant is my first instinct. But will I get bored with it after a year? On the other hand, Biscay Blue is the opposite of boring but I don't want to end up despising it after the initial thrill wears off. When I first saw graphite blue metallic a couple years ago I was blown away, but now I cringe every time I see it (doesn't help that I see it everywhere here in socal).

Chalk would be nice. Or just a larger palette in general to choose from.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:54 PM
Evan L.
Cruisin'

Biscay looks great in real life, especially in the Southern California sun!

Old 08-01-2018, 10:45 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Evan, those sunny-day Biscay Blue photos look sharp. It really is a cool, unique color.

Re: Moonlight Blue, it’s hard to find any great photos of the Cayenne in MB for some reason. Lots of shots of it all filthied up, or in bad light. A few of the better Moonlight Blue photos we’ve seen are attached, all Audis. But you get the idea.

I agree: Porsche needs a bigger Cayenne palette.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:09 AM
Evan L.
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by JCWLS3
Evan, those sunny-day Biscay Blue photos look sharp. It really is a cool, unique color.

Re: Moonlight Blue, it’s hard to find any great photos of the Cayenne in MB for some reason. Lots of shots of it all filthied up, or in bad light. A few of the better Moonlight Blue photos we’ve seen are attached, all Audis. But you get the idea.

I agree: Porsche needs a bigger Cayenne palette.
I was surprised to hear more than a few people refer to the color as the "new Mahogany" that day, implying that it's a color that nobody would order. It might be a little too muted for many, but I found it modern and classy--and I'm a relatively young buyer whose favorite recent Porsche colors are Carmine Red and Sapphire Blue (RIP). It's perfect for a buyer who wants something in between silver and charcoal and is willing to accept a little teal.

Moonlight seems to require light window trim and wheels, in which case it looks really good. But I've never been a fan of dark blue and black together (the internet seems to make me believe I'm in the minority on that front; lots of MB/DBM cars with black wheels on google image).
Old 08-03-2018, 07:32 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I was thinking of Biscay Blue but I think it looks best in bright sunlight. In the shade or overcast days, the pictures look dull gray - in New England this could be the most common way I will see the car. Went with Carrera White.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:46 AM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Evan L.
Moonlight seems to require light window trim and wheels, in which case it looks really good. But I've never been a fan of dark blue and black together (the internet seems to make me believe I'm in the minority on that front; lots of MB/DBM cars with black wheels on google image).
That’s the cool thing about color — it’s the eye of the beholder. One person’s nauseating Lizard Green is another’s pride and joy.

We went with black trim, door handles, mirrors and roof rails on our MB Turbo. My wife wants the Spyder wheels painted a light bronze tint to highlight the Truffle / Cohiba interior. Something like below, but add the Black Sport Exhaust. Will it work? I have no idea. It’s a Porsche, so it’ll still be incredible to drive even if the color combo isn’t everybody’s cup of tea. Our SA has told us that 40 percent of Cayennes are black. Forty more are white. If you want to stand out, it’s not hard.

Re: mahogany, I like it. She did not. Cool pic of previous Turbo S with matching mahogany wheels below.

Still like your Biscay Blue. Couldn’t sell her on it.

Last edited by JCWLS3; 08-05-2018 at 11:28 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:51 PM
Fly121
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I am thinking on my Turbo ordering the Biscay blue with Slate grey interior. Thoughts?
my other option is Midnight blue with Trufle brown interior.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:51 AM
Fixinbones
Pro

Originally Posted by Fly121
I am thinking on my Turbo ordering the Biscay blue with Slate grey interior. Thoughts?
my other option is Midnight blue with Trufle brown interior.
I ordered the biscay blue with black. It’s a unique shade of blue that Porsche has never really offere
Old 10-09-2018, 03:31 AM
Kai N
Intermediate

We looked at Biscay Blue online and thought it quite awful. Then we saw a manufacturer demo Cayenne at our dealer and in person we loved it.

We ended up ordering Biscay Blue w/ slate interior, and black window molding.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:51 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 611 Likes on 295 Posts

I was the opposite. Saw in online and loved it and then saw it at Amelia Island and at dealer demo day and hated it. Thought it was probably ugliest Porsche color in their palette.
Old 10-13-2018, 06:12 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

I just think its way to light of a color no pop whatsoever

Quick Reply: Color - Biscay Blue