Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2019 Cayenne "S" Bang for my buck at $120K??

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 04:30 PM
PopPorscheCherry
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 14 Posts
Question 2019 Cayenne "S" Bang for my buck at $120K??

Hi Everyone! I'm a Porsche newbie and would like some feedback, opinions, criticisms, or advice from the PROS here. Putting down deposit next week for European Delivery, but want to make sure I've chosen the best options to stay within $120K. Sales Rep wants me to buy everything of course. I want as much luxury and performance as I can get within budget. What options are Must haves or could do without? I live in South Florida where the roads are straight and flat (when not sitting in traffic.) Full Leather vs Standard, really worth the $4K? Porsche Surface Coated Brakes (PSCB) a Must? Below is my build of added features. Opinions on deletes or additions? I don't want regrets. Thanks in advance!

2019 Porsche Cayenne S

Jet Black Metallic
Adaptive Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
Rear Axle Steering
Sport Chrono Package
21" Cayenne Exclusive Design Wheels in Jet Black
Premium Package Plus
SportDesign Front Fascia
Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass
Soft Close Doors
Head-Up Display
Roof Rails in High Gloss Black
Side Window Trim in High Gloss Black
Power Sunblind for Rear Side Windows
Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front and Rear)
Smoking Package
Leather Interior in Black
Roof Lining in Alcantara
Interior Trim in Textured Aluminum
Old 07-28-2018, 08:03 PM
Ticket Target
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 92 Posts

For my money the 20 inch wheels ride better, and are less expensive.
I would not spend on the front fascia, but purchase the better brakes.
Sit in the different seats. I prefer the 18 ways
Old 07-28-2018, 08:44 PM
PopPorscheCherry
Advanced

Thanks for the input Ticket! I know, I agree I hate spending so much for the fascia, but I don't think I can live with the front stock design and all the black plastic surrounding the bottom of the vehicle. The Fascia helps alleviate most of it. Sport seats 18 way are no brainer, have it checked. May have to reach deeper in my pocket for the brakes.
Old 07-28-2018, 10:15 PM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

To me full leather is a must. If you want clean wheels think hard about PSCB. I ordered them on my build because I'm sick and tired of cleaning my Carrera S wheels with steel brakes. Cayenne is supposed to generate even more brake dust. I hear the PSCB are grabby so ask your SA. I hate cladding also. But you are not going to see it much with a black car. Plus the 21" wheels you chose come with painted wheel arch extensions- so that cladding is gone. My SA said he liked the standard look of the front better than the sport design front. Therefore I chose not to get the Sport Design Front Fascia package (which to me makes the car "thicker" and "heavier").Ouch anyway at $3600. With a $120K budget you will get a special car.
Old 07-29-2018, 11:14 AM
PopPorscheCherry
Advanced

Originally Posted by porscherex
To me full leather is a must. If you want clean wheels think hard about PSCB. I ordered them on my build because I'm sick and tired of cleaning my Carrera S wheels with steel brakes. Cayenne is supposed to generate even more brake dust. I hear the PSCB are grabby so ask your SA. I hate cladding also. But you are not going to see it much with a black car. Plus the 21" wheels you chose come with painted wheel arch extensions- so that cladding is gone. My SA said he liked the standard look of the front better than the sport design front. Therefore I chose not to get the Sport Design Front Fascia package (which to me makes the car "thicker" and "heavier").Ouch anyway at $3600. With a $120K budget you will get a special car.

Thanks for the comments. I will need to reevaluate some options for the PSCB
Old 07-29-2018, 03:02 PM
newbie2p
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Porscherex: I am interested in getting bit more clarification on this please ...”I hate cladding also. But you are not going to see it much with a black car. Plus the 21" wheels you chose come with painted wheel arch extensions- so that cladding is gone.”

I too am interested in jet black with exterior with 21” basic exclusive design wheels (not painted). Therefore, will they come with painted wheel arch extensions as well? The configuration does mention.

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2018, 06:41 PM
porscherex
Pro

Deleted
Old 07-29-2018, 06:59 PM
porscherex
Pro

Originally Posted by newbie2p
Porscherex: I am interested in getting bit more clarification on this please ...”I hate cladding also. But you are not going to see it much with a black car. Plus the 21" wheels you chose come with painted wheel arch extensions- so that cladding is gone.”

I too am interested in jet black with exterior with 21” basic exclusive design wheels (not painted). Therefore, will they come with painted wheel arch extensions as well? The configuration does mention.

Thanks!
Yes they will. I believe all 21" and 22" wheels have painted wheel arches. IMO wheel arch cladding does not look good.

Below are my observations on cladding that I posted in another thread:

I have ordered a 2019 Cayenne- the base one. The new Cayenne has a lot more cladding then the Gen 2 one had. The cladding on the new Cayenne is much higher than the Gen 2 on both bumpers and the sides of the vehicle. I think of it as if the Gen 3 has now two layers of cladding. There is the part closest to the bottom of the vehicle ("Bottom Cladding"). The Bottom Cladding is what was on the Gen 2. Above the Bottom Cladding additional cladding ("Additional Cladding") has been added - as I said on both bumpers and the sides.
I do not like cladding because of it's look and because it stains and fades over time. Cladding is evil. ?.
The purpose of this thread is to point out three "solutions" to this "problem" offered by Porsche.

1. The 21" and 22" wheel options come with painted wheel arches. The cladding around the wheel arches, which I would think, would be the most susceptible to stains and fading. 21" wheels look good and eliminate the wheel arch cladding. 21" wheels start at $4,200.

2. SportDesign Front Fascia option. This option eliminates (paints) the Additional Cladding and paints the wheel arches. It also changes the look of the front somewhat. It can be added with any wheel size. Cost $3,600. This is standard on the new Cayenne Turbo.

3. SportDesign Package option. This option eliminates both the Bottom Cladding and the Addition Cladding. It also changes the look of the front. Cost $5,600.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-29-2018, 07:13 PM
newbie2p
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Porscherex!! Very helpful. Will go with 21” tires for sure. Not too excited about expensive sport design options. Would rather apply $ towards PSCB, air suspension with PASM, head up display and 2 tone black/Bordeaux leather interior. Thanks again!
Old 07-29-2018, 08:42 PM
Thino
Intermediate

why don’t you go for the cayenne turbo?

bit more expensive, but world of difference
Old 07-30-2018, 06:40 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Thino
why don’t you go for the cayenne turbo?
That’s what we ended up doing. Our S build was just over $122K. Turbo starts at $125K, with many standard features we wanted that are optional on the S, such as PASM; PSCB; full leather; 21” wheels; Alcantara headliner; heated steering wheel; and others.

Black body cladding is minimized as well, particularly along the sides and back. Plus you get the exclusive Turbo front fascia, which is unavailable as an option on the other trims. (The last two bits caused us to skip the SportDesign kit, which we had on the S to get rid of the body cladding.)

Our sales adviser confirmed that a better value proposition with Porsche is a higher trim level with fewer options, particularly at resale time. He said you lose 80 percent of the total option value the second you drive it off the lot.

Plus, the Turbo is just one bad beast.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:29 PM
Fünfer
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I configured one myself, and went with pretty much all the Sports options, but didn't get many of the appearance options.
To your list I would add Sports Exhaust.
I did not pick the Sport Design Facia, nor the soft close doors, nor the alcantara head liner.
The extra insulation is probably good to have for South Florida
Old 09-18-2018, 04:12 PM
joe 997
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Our S is going to "lock" on October 6th. Probably with a sticker of 115K + or -. Would a 5% discount seem reasonable?
Old 09-18-2018, 06:29 PM
ThaiGuy
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got 5% discount off of a base in Denver. We do not have many dealers and they don't seem to have a problem selling/ordering 19' Cayenne.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:13 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by joe 997
Our S is going to "lock" on October 6th. Probably with a sticker of 115K + or -. Would a 5% discount seem reasonable?

What is your build? You're pretty close to turbo pricing. Curious as I still cannot decide on S vs Turbo at a $20k gap. Coming down to $20k for a V8 550hp vs V6 440hp it seems and minimally different bodywork, otherwise optioned the same.

Quick Reply: 2019 Cayenne "S" Bang for my buck at $120K??