Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

How far apart are the panamera and cayenne in cornering and performance?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 04:41 PM
clemsondds
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
Default How far apart are the panamera and cayenne in cornering and performance?

Is there a way to make the Cayenne corner as well as the panamera? I know neither are a 911 but I am looking to try to get something as close to my 911 as possible. Another words, does the sport chrono, PDCC, PASM, and rear axle steering, really help the Cayenne corner really well, or does it still definitely feel like an SUV. I've driven a cayenne with pdcc but I don't think I've driven one with all four together. Finally, has anyone driven a panamera with all three and how does that compare with a 911? Again, I understand it will never be a 911, but just wondering if you can tell quite a bit of difference in the curves with these performance options. Thank you!
Old 07-06-2018, 09:26 AM
clemsondds
Rennlist Member

Anyone? Anyone have a cayenne with RWS or any of these other options? How does it effect the ride/suspension? Thanks!
Old 08-12-2018, 03:30 PM
az audi
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by clemsondds
Is there a way to make the Cayenne corner as well as the panamera? I know neither are a 911 but I am looking to try to get something as close to my 911 as possible. Another words, does the sport chrono, PDCC, PASM, and rear axle steering, really help the Cayenne corner really well, or does it still definitely feel like an SUV. I've driven a cayenne with pdcc but I don't think I've driven one with all four together. Finally, has anyone driven a panamera with all three and how does that compare with a 911? Again, I understand it will never be a 911, but just wondering if you can tell quite a bit of difference in the curves with these performance options. Thank you!
I had a ‘12 Pano Turbo S and a ‘14 GT3. The Turbo S, was the ultimate luxury super car and handled better than any car I’ve had except the GT3. The Pano is a true sports car, but did feel heavy at times.

We we recently picked up a Macan Turbo with the PP package, originally to hold us over till the new Cayennes arrive. This Macan is amazing, feels like a rally car every time I get in it. It’s a true joy to drive. I know the Pano was faster, and better handling, but I think the Macan is more fun to drive. You can push it in the twistes and feel confident. My friends notice the tires on the Macan get the same melted rubber look my GT3 had after a track day. It’s a great time.

After having the Macan, im afraid the new Cayenne will feel heavy like the Pano, but maybe the rear steer and other electronics will help with that. I have no doubt, it will feel more like a sports car than an SUV. We drove and had a lot of other SUVs. Nothing measures up to a Porsche.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:28 PM
TTurbine
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone? Anyone have a cayenne with RWS or any of these other options? How does it effect the ride/suspension? Thanks!
PASM , PTV , RWS , PCCB on my Turbo just wow what a package corners really well even more confidence than my GT2 in street cornering. I drove a Cayyene S with RWS minus PTV and its no where close with a RWS +PTV combo
Old 08-16-2018, 06:31 PM
clemsondds
Rennlist Member

Cool thanks! Here's where I am at right now. I have a '17 911. Love it!! But kids are getting a little bigger and also need something to pull a small boat. I'm tossing around the idea of either keeping the 911 and getting a new f150 fx4, or trading in the 911 for the new cayenne s with PASM, PTV, SC, and RWS. What are your thoughts? Think I'll really miss the 911? I love the nimbleness of the 911, torque it creates, and the sound the sports exhaust makes...things I think I would love more about the cayenne would be ease of getting in/out, and ease of hauling the occasional staff/kids around. Thanks again for your help! (oh and cayenne turbo isn't in the budget...before you go there ha)
Old 08-17-2018, 05:21 PM
TTurbine
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool thanks! Here's where I am at right now. I have a '17 911. Love it!! But kids are getting a little bigger and also need something to pull a small boat. I'm tossing around the idea of either keeping the 911 and getting a new f150 fx4, or trading in the 911 for the new cayenne s with PASM, PTV, SC, and RWS. What are your thoughts? Think I'll really miss the 911? I love the nimbleness of the 911, torque it creates, and the sound the sports exhaust makes...things I think I would love more about the cayenne would be ease of getting in/out, and ease of hauling the occasional staff/kids around. Thanks again for your help! (oh and cayenne turbo isn't in the budget...before you go there ha)

TBH the Cayenne cant replace a 911 , but up to know it is the best handeling SUV i drove just unbelievable.
The S comes with lots of troque but lacks the low end grunt of the V8. Im sure it will blow you away with the handling with these options.

Quick Reply: How far apart are the panamera and cayenne in cornering and performance?