Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

The pedal set swap is coming
Old 07-06-2017, 04:44 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by g8tor20
The pedal set swap is coming

I dunno man, on a vehicle as unique as yours from the factory, I wouldn't change/add a thing on it....zero aftermarket. But that's just me.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:01 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Eh...Dan had a spare set laying around that he got off ebay. He sent it to me so I'll throw em on and see how they look.

It's about all I will do though.

I'll say this the turbo power kit comes with less restrictive primary cats and it has enough of a grumble. Moreso than I thought it would have based on the CTT from my neighbor. I will not be doing the secondary cat bypass like I thought I would. My wife already says she can hear me when I leave in the morning.

So, there's not much else to be done. I like to tinker but I agree with you in that there's not much else one can do to this thing.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:24 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Originally Posted by mikeearly
hey g8tor20 that is one heckuva build sheet ... but you still need to add a matching dead pedal

Very nice setup there Mike. Looks sharp and sporty!
Old 07-06-2017, 06:25 PM
dz997 tts
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGuyNVA
I dunno man, on a vehicle as unique as yours from the factory, I wouldn't change/add a thing on it....zero aftermarket. But that's just me.
jason, while on the topic of changes - how about LOWERING it ???
Old 07-06-2017, 07:21 PM
lightngsvt
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Wow a buck-ninety ($190k)? The original owner sure spared NO expense on the build! Nice!
Old 07-06-2017, 08:14 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Originally Posted by dz997 tts
jason, while on the topic of changes - how about LOWERING it ???
Haha. I have looked at those h&r links that I think you have. I like a lowered look for sure. Hate seeing too much wheel gap. My issue is that I lowered a previous car and for whatever reason, my camber was never the same despite trying. Uneven tire wear drove me crazy.

But if if there is a good way to lower it an inch or so (gts like stance), then I'll think hard about it. I don't like the dropped look but let's face it, this thing won't leave the pavement so giving it an aggressive look would be nice.

Too bad bad we can't keep the loading level look as we drive.

Last edited by g8tor20; 07-06-2017 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:18 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Originally Posted by lightngsvt
Wow a buck-ninety ($190k)? The original owner sure spared NO expense on the build! Nice!
Crazy, huh? What's weird is that he didn't pick any packages, like sports package or premium package plus. Everything was a la carted.

Gotta to be one of the highest msrp 2013's out there.

Amazing how you get very little return on investment on the options on these things. Staggering really
Old 07-07-2017, 12:35 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 658 Posts

hey g8tor20 that is one heckuva build sheet ... but you still need to add a matching dead pedal [/IMG]
I have ugly clear packing tape on my dead pedal area cuz most of it is carpet (around a very small portion of plastic). Looks cheap & I hate it,... but I just do not want to dirty up my cognac carpet in that area & eventually wear through it....

So where did you get this beautiful dead pedal Mike??

I gotta get me one of those!!
=Steve
Old 07-07-2017, 04:21 PM
mikeearly
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
I have ugly clear packing tape on my dead pedal area cuz most of it is carpet (around a very small portion of plastic). Looks cheap & I hate it,... but I just do not want to dirty up my cognac carpet in that area & eventually wear through it....

So where did you get this beautiful dead pedal Mike??

I gotta get me one of those!!
=Steve
Steve, via Rennline from here http://www.rennline.com/Factory-Style/products/88/ and then follow that link to get the logo...

just a warning ... this was too wide to fit properly on my 2017 -- but a little time and effort with a grinding wheel taking off little amount each time and got it to fit nice and tight ...
Old 07-07-2017, 04:45 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 658 Posts

Steve, via Rennline from here http://www.rennline.com/Factory-Style/products/88/ and then follow that link to get the logo...

just a warning ... this was too wide to fit properly on my 2017 -- but a little time and effort with a grinding wheel taking off little amount each time and got it to fit nice and tight ...
Thanks Mike. Saw that on the other thread. Bummer for me the plastic around the metal is only in black. All my plastic is in cognac color.

=S
Old 08-29-2017, 03:56 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

I've been quite busy at work and haven't been lurking too much...but I wanted to give a quick update after a few months of ownership.

Hands down, the best vehicle I have ever owned. I smile just walking up to it. It stands out like no other in beauty and brawn. It's practical but yet sporty. If you are reading this and on the fence, do it...such a enjoyable vehicle, especially in "sport mode" which mine is almost always in. Actually got above 12 mpg on the last tank so I may be getting soft though.

I think the best moment was a few weeks ago during a little spirited driving on the highway, the song Danger Zone came on and blasted that on the Burmester...what a high...especially for those who grew up in the Top Gun era.

Recently, I was able to drive a 2017 Cayenne. Loved the newer steering wheel and the brightness on the rear view camera compared to mine. But other than that, my 2013 is perfect in almost every way. Oh, I'm also not an audiophile by any means but I can certainly tell the difference between the Bose and Burmester.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I've officially joined your Family!