Sponsored By:

WTB 958 Turbo or GTS w ACC and PDCC

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 10:40 PM
davis944s2
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTB 958 Turbo or GTS w ACC and PDCC

I'm searching for a 2012+ Cayenne GTS or Turbo, specifically with Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and PDCC. Under 45k miles. Budget of around $55k.

I've had ACC on a few other cars and it's a must have for me. Unfortunately, that reduces the pool of available vehicles significantly. Then add in PDCC....

I'm in New Jersey, but am open to a long distance purchase.

Any advice or leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-16-2017, 01:35 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

As you're probably already aware if you've done some searching, finding any 958 CTT with PDCC alone is a challenge. When I found mine this time last year, I had been searching for quite a few months prior to finding one from a local P dealer with the PU5 Sport Package (and has ACC/PAS also).

They're out there, but not abundant by any means. If you're not in a hurry and are patient, and keep up an active search, you'll come across one eventually.

Best of luck! They're worth waiting for with those options.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:03 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah PDCC is super hard to find. Like CarGuy NVA, i searched for months - i found one with PTV Plus and PDCC - i literately jumped on it faster then my rear end being on fire.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:27 PM
Ghost Ryder
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

There's a big difference between GTS and turbo in term of personality. Funny thing is that there's not much of a price difference in the preown market though. That's why I say just get the turbo.

I got real lucky with my ctt. I got all the options that you are looking for and I wasn't even aware of the importance of ptv and pdcc and acc until after I got the SUV. These build just pop up all the time. Just got to act fast. My car was listed for one month before it sold.

Only black mark was on carfax for "accident". But it turned out that the car window was broken into to steal a purse. Ins claim was made and it ended up on carfax. Got all the paperwork from the repair. I think that scared a lot of people off and they didn't pursue it any further.

Good of luck with your search.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:02 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

They are out there. Just got a 2013 just north of your budget but it was a CTT with low miles and a crazy amount of options. Just stay patient.

Ill post more details when I get it in a week or so
Old 06-18-2017, 10:18 AM
grevegti
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Better run and get it buddy When I found ours with PDCC, PTV+, and sport package a couple months ago I made the deposit stat

https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/check...AC2A28CLA84321

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...lCode1=CAYENNE

And just received our plates finally!

Last edited by grevegti; 06-18-2017 at 10:26 AM. Reason: add info
Old 06-18-2017, 12:48 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

That's a great tag!

958 TT is not available in my state but TT 958 is. So is QWK PIG

Hmmmmm

Last edited by g8tor20; 06-18-2017 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:37 PM
grevegti
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

I kinda wanted HOTPEPR but my wife wanted 958TT, fair
Old 06-25-2017, 11:17 AM
Okwute
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I must have one of the few 2012 CTT's out there with every available performance box checked. I ordered it that way.. Metallic Black with PDCC, PTV+ ACC, I checked every performance and luxury box including burmester, thermal glass, pano roof, etc etc window blinds and bad *** matching running board + Turbo II wheels combo and the OEM sport wheel as an extra for Winter set. To top it off, I ordered it with Tubi exhaust performance upgrade straight from the dealer and it was delivered with the meanest and nastiest rumble from the rear end. To date.. my local dealer techs who have been servicing it since 2012 marvel at the deep rumble whenever it is fired up.

I have only put 47K on it and the wife recently asked f I would trade it in for something else. At this point.. I am not there yet as I see nothing that compares to mine... not even the new CTTS.

If I ever decide to trade it in.. will post here first. It has a younger GT4 sibling.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:58 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Sounds like a great build Okwute! Wouldn't think it would be rare to find Porsche with all performance items seeing as it's a performance based brand...but it's certainly uncommon.

When it comes to performance SUVs, I haven't seen anything quite like the power, performance and luxury on these CTT(S).

And it it seems like you fixed the one real issue right from the dealer. Amazing how something cracking out 500+ horses from a 4.8L engine can produce so little rumble. I assume most normal folks prefer it quiet so it's engineering that way...but man, sometimes you want to hear that rumble!
Old 06-25-2017, 07:37 PM
MountainStone
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghost Ryder
There's a big difference between GTS and turbo in term of personality. Funny thing is that there's not much of a price difference in the preown market though. That's why I say just get the turbo.
I'd recommend you drive both to decide which personality you prefer. The GTS has glorious instant throttle response and lovely exhaust note with the sport exhaust, but the one second or so of turbo lag on the CTT is manageable and the additional power is intoxicating. If the GTS were considerably cheaper I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, but the prices for similarly-equipped GTS' and Turbos are so similar I chose the Turbo (plus there are more of them to choose from to get the options you want).

Originally Posted by Okwute
I ordered it with Tubi exhaust performance upgrade straight from the dealer and it was delivered with the meanest and nastiest rumble from the rear end. To date.. my local dealer techs who have been servicing it since 2012 marvel at the deep rumble whenever it is fired up.
PLEASE post a YouTube video of the exhaust sound. Ideally, a startup and idle and rev from behind the car, a drive-by accelerating in one direction and then decelerating on the return trip, and a startup, idle, rev and accel + decel from in the cabin. Do it for science!
Old 06-25-2017, 10:20 PM
termite01
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a Tubi for my 2011 CTT...wife made me take it off, a bit too loud for her taste. Will get around to putting it on the classifieds sooner or later. Went back to stock rear muffler with Fabspeed down pipes. Nice growl on cold start but no more big noise.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:07 AM
Okwute
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by termite01
I have a Tubi for my 2011 CTT...wife made me take it off, a bit too loud for her taste. Will get around to putting it on the classifieds sooner or later. Went back to stock rear muffler with Fabspeed down pipes. Nice growl on cold start but no more big noise.
I know exactly what you mean.... the wife feels the same way but hey the Tubi is exactly what the CTT needs. Because we took delivery of the car with the Tubi... I just plead the fifth and ofcourse I tell her its all about the noise... Intoxicating. I have no intentions of ever removing the Tubi.

I have been checking for a Tubi exhaust for the GT4... if they ever make one.. I am pulling the trigger in a heartbeat.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:00 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,630 Posts

I purchased a Tubi for my car and was only ale to keep it on for a week. IMO, it's not a good fit for this type of vehicle. Makes a 100k car sound and feel cheap.

The car feels faster when it does it quietly.

This is just my opinion
Old 07-08-2017, 06:43 PM
davis944s2
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, guys. All helpful info. It does seem that my chances are much better of finding a TT with those options than a GTS, although there are a couple of both around the country that I've spotted, just none that I've pulled the trigger on.

Here's a sweet GTS build, but TT $$ -- http://www.northstateauto.com/vehicl...ca-id-18205271

Plus a couple grand extra to get it cross country. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: WTB 958 Turbo or GTS w ACC and PDCC