Sponsored By:

Our first Porsche - 2014 CTTS

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 01:13 PM
jlusby
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Our first Porsche - 2014 CTTS

First I wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum for the advice and wisdom that I have gotten over the last couple of months as a lurker and then a member. We are moving away from a Ford Expedition EL (man do they have a ton of room) to the CTTS because we don't need as much room but still need to tow the boat a couple of times per year. I made the mistake (turned about to be a good mistake) of having the wife test drive a CTT first and then a newer GTS. She really enjoyed the driving experience (and power) more in the CTT than the GTS, so even though I had convinced myself that the GTS was the right vehicle, we moved on to the hunt for the Turbo. She quickly narrowed down the choices to it must be black, period! Then with the help of this forum, I narrowed it further to a CPO vehicle and black. I also wanted relatively low miles and that the CPO would cover it for around 3 more years.

For those that are still searching, this approach creates a narrow pool of candidates, so I started using a spreadsheet to track the options using the VIN decoder and also tried to prioritize the options that were most important. I decided to open the search to also include CTTS since so many people talked about how they really loved PDCC and PTV being standard on these and it can be hard to find on the others. So, to make a long story short, I came across one on the Porsche CPO website in Omaha. I can't say enough good things about the Woodhouse Porsche in Omaha and specifically Carey Trowbridge in sales. This was the single easiest and most positive buying experience that I have ever had.

So here she is...

I had the pleasure of spending about 10 hours with her yesterday driving from Omaha back to Cincinnati. Had to stop one time somewhere in Indiana for gas and a bite to eat.

My daily driver is a 2003 M5 that I think is one of the best all around cars of all time, but I have to admit for its size/weight, this thing is just incredible. I had to continually watch myself because I would barely touch the gas on the highway and I was getting close to triple digits. She is an incredible highway cruiser (has the Burmester sound system) that just makes the miles fly by, and really handles the curves and back roads extremely well.

A special shout out to deilenberger for all of the time he has spent documenting the transfer case issue - I had them change the fluid the morning that I picked it up! What a great resource you have been during my search.

Great to be part of the family and again, thanks to everyone that contributes to the forum, it made this whole process much easier!
Old 06-02-2017, 02:15 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

There is a very good reason that every since the Cayenne came out, that it is Porsche's #1 seller.

The trucks are just awesome.
Old 06-03-2017, 12:55 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Beautiful! Love the CTTS with red interior. Glad to see you brought her home yourself! Good quality time.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:35 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Can you pst up some interior shots on the new 958 Pic thread? Dying to see what your interior looks like.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:28 PM
pastorom
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome! Another E39 M5 owner, i see. :-). I feel like i'm spoilt for choice now between the m5 and the 2011 CTT. Both drive so differently, but i love driving them both!
Old 06-06-2017, 12:04 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Congratulations! Nothing, but nothing like the first.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:52 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 658 Posts

Man I am stoked to read this thread jlusby. Reminds me of 3 yrs ago when my wife & I were on the same hunt for a 958.1 PDCC CTT,.. and how energized we were. The search was so much fun,.. even if frustrating at times. Totally agree there are not that many out there with heavy options lists, and when they pop, they go QUICK. I lost out on two good ones before we finally landed ours.

But I must also add,... for your benefit,... that now 3 years later and we are STILL stoked every time we get in the vehicle. The interior, the Burmester, the quality!, the handling,... literally everything puts a smile on our face. .... sure, we've had the TC replaced (believe THIS,... ours was OUT of warranty & Porsche STILL did a "Good Will" gesture and replaced it for FREE!!),... and we've had the high cost of maintenance which comes with ownership,.... but the enjoyment factor with this vehicle is THRU the roof. And that's saying something for us, given we get the SH$#% scared out of us every time we punch it in the 964Turbo.

The damn thing does everything for us. We tow the 964T, we haul crap, we autocross it, we take it out on the beach in Hatteras NC,... & yes, grocery getter. We have never been so happy with the versatility of such a beast. smiles for miles.

So congrats jlusby!! Yours looks & sounds like a great one!! Enjoy!

OH, forgot to add,... if yours doesn't already have front end film, I HIGHLY suggest you get the front end paint protected. The XPEL film on the front end of ours has protected for 5 yrs now (since it was new), and it does an amazing job.

=Steve
Old 06-14-2017, 08:48 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

I want to chime in, I have had several Porsches over the years and never considered a Cayenne. I recently trade my AMG ML63 in on a Cayenne turbo. I should have bought one of these years ago. Wow, it is a lot of fun. I also have the red interior and I am loving it. jlusby, I hope you enjoy yours as much.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:27 PM
kkturbo
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats! jlusby....you will have many fun times in your P!g!!!
Old 07-10-2017, 01:49 PM
jlusby
Instructor

A few people had asked me about pictures on the interior so I wanted to post a couple of those. I realize that this is not for everyone, but this was one of the prime factors in getting this specific Cayenne. It is my wife's DD and she just loves the interior, especially the 18-way seats. She said she gets hugged by it everyday!

I also decided to plasti-dip the exhaust tips to black out the rear - still need to do the badging. I used one can and was able to put on 6 coats. I think it turned out pretty good and will be easy to put back or touch up if needed.

Before

And After (as well as a much needed bath!)

Old 07-10-2017, 02:40 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

That's a beautiful interior Jeff! As you know, Red/Black was my first choice. Looks sporty!

Also love he plastidip...could you take some shots of it further back. Would like to get a feel for how that looks further back.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:16 PM
jlusby
Instructor

Originally Posted by g8tor20
That's a beautiful interior Jeff! As you know, Red/Black was my first choice. Looks sporty!

Also love he plastidip...could you take some shots of it further back. Would like to get a feel for how that looks further back.
Will do! I took some quick shots of the tips after I put them back on but didn't have time to do much more. The family was waiting on me for dinner so all I had time was just for those few pictures...

Hopefully, it stays clean so that I don't have to show you a dirty back end
Old 07-10-2017, 03:32 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 133 Likes on 90 Posts

I freaking LOVE the red. My wife hates it.

If I ever find a replacement for my current 14 diesel... I will be looking for a 2-tone red interior. Probably gonna be a battle with the wife over it LOL.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:23 PM
jlusby
Instructor

Here are some more shots from a few different angles and distance.

Old 07-11-2017, 09:05 AM
TheUnscented
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
OH, forgot to add,... if yours doesn't already have front end film, I HIGHLY suggest you get the front end paint protected. The XPEL film on the front end of ours has protected for 5 yrs now (since it was new), and it does an amazing job.

=Steve
Jlusby,

I just had the XPEL Ultimate film installed by a detailer right here in Loveland. He pulled off the old PPF, buffed the hood and installed Ultimate on the entire front clip. The only seams are for the partial roofline.

You'll like the detailer, his current project is installing a LS1 into his E39 540 wagon.

Quick Reply: Our first Porsche - 2014 CTTS