Sponsored By:

aluminum sport pedals

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 05:37 PM
mikeearly
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by wkearney99
Note, Rennline's pedal for the Cayenne does not fit properly on a 2017. They're aware of this and are working on something. Hopefully by the time I drive by there place this August during a Summer vacation trip to Vermont (to return the ill-fitting one, and the phone mount which also doesn't fit the '17).
Oh wonderful -- which pedal are you talking about? I just ordered (and they shipped) a factory version for the dead pedal - since my S has nicely styled pedals for the brake and gas but nothing similar on the dead pedal....
Old 04-28-2017, 12:12 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 109 Posts

The factory dead pedal in the '17 is a large plastic one. Previous years were just plastic/vinyl bumps on the carpet. The current Rennline offering doesn't fit properly over the larger one now in the '17. It's off, slightly too wide and a bit too short. You 'can' use it but for the money it ought to be something that fit properly. It looks exactly like the factory pedals (brake and accelerator).
Old 04-28-2017, 10:16 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 515 Posts

Rennline has pedals matching stock pedals approx. $ 100....adhesive installation....easy and good..
Old 06-10-2017, 08:10 PM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 198 Posts

The aluminum pedals I ordered on E Bay finally arrived from China. I bought these on April 24th, showed up today on June 10th ... they must have LITERALLY taken the slow boat from China

Here's a pic of what they sent me. While I ordered the non-script version, they delivered me a script version .... oh well, what should you expect for $24 ...? I'll install them this weekend and post up a few pics

Old 06-10-2017, 10:01 PM
dz997 tts
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by North Shore 911
The aluminum pedals I ordered on E Bay finally arrived from China. I bought these on April 24th, showed up today on June 10th ... they must have LITERALLY taken the slow boat from China

Here's a pic of what they sent me. While I ordered the non-script version, they delivered me a script version .... oh well, what should you expect for $24 ...? I'll install them this weekend and post up a few pics

north shore, i got them as well, same as you i ordered non script but got sent the scripted ones. however they shipped mine within a week - really quick. they aren't too bad but i have ordered a set from srp racing (RL member recommended see earlier posts ) they are making a set from my patterns as they did not have for the 958. expect them soon and will post pictures when i receive. dan
Old 06-18-2017, 09:43 PM
dz997 tts
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

just installed sport pedals in my 958 tts. they were made by brian at SRP RACING. easy install - gas pedal and footrest attach by sheet metal screws into plastic. brake is steel so a little more effort to drill through ( do yourself a big favor and buy some NEW good quality drill bits ). very happy with srpracing - go to website to see several styles and finishes . mine are a light silver (close to the finish on the case of my apple laptop ). dan
Attached Images     
Old 06-23-2017, 01:33 AM
rol607
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Purchased these from Suncoast.
Attached Images  
Old 06-24-2017, 07:05 PM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Default I Finally Installed My Aluminum Pedal Set!

I finally found some time to install my aluminum pedal set on my 2012 Cayenne S today. I had the OEM pedal set that actually just fits snugly around the pedal itself, so the uninstall from stock took about 3 seconds. Here's the factory pedal set:

Then I installed the dead pedal. I didn't have a factory dead pedal so this alone was a vast improvement

Then I had to drill through the metal brake pedal and the plastic gas pedal to thread the Allen-head bolts through the pedal, secured with a simple nut at the back.

All in, this took ~30 min, only because my beat-up drill bits struggled to get through the metal brake pedal. Now that I've got these installed, I am really pleased with the result as these were an impulse purchase from a Chinese seller on EBay and I wasn't sure I was gonna like 'em. But here's the final result, which I figure looks pretty dang good for a $24 pedal set

Last edited by North Shore 911; 06-25-2017 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:10 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,167 Likes on 3,931 Posts

I finally found some time to install my aluminum pedal set on my 2012 Cayenne S today. I had the OEM pedal set that actually just fits snugly around the pedal itself, so the uninstall from stock took about 3 seconds. Here's the factory pedal set:

Then I installed the dead pedal. I didn't have a factory dead pedal so this alone was a fast improvement

Then I had to drill through the metal brake pedal and the plastic gas pedal to thread the Allen-head bolts through the pedal, secured with a simple nut at the back.

All in, this took ~30 min, only because my beat-up drill bits struggled to get through the metal brake pedal. Now that I've got these installed, I am really pleased with the result as these were an impulse purchase from a Chinese buyer on EBay and I wasn't sure I was gonna like 'em. But here's the final result, which I figure looks pretty dang good for a $24 pedal set

Heck yea for $25
Old 06-26-2017, 10:33 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dz997 tts
north shore, i got them as well, same as you i ordered non script but got sent the scripted ones. however they shipped mine within a week - really quick. they aren't too bad but i have ordered a set from srp racing (RL member recommended see earlier posts ) they are making a set from my patterns as they did not have for the 958. expect them soon and will post pictures when i receive. dan

Dan...If you still have that ebay set, I'll buy them off you. Shoot me over a PM if you want to sell them. I want to swap the stock ones out. I may get nicer ones down the road, but at least let me get something there for the time being...especially the dead pedal.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:43 AM
TheUnscented
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Heck yea for $25
Mine arrived yesterday, seem to be pretty stout aluminum. Sure to add 10 hp!
Old 08-19-2017, 09:50 AM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TheUnscented
Mine arrived yesterday, seem to be pretty stout aluminum. Sure to add 10 hp!
Just a heads up if you bought the $25 set from the Chinese EBay seller: The socket cap screws that came with mine were too short, so I had to hit my local hardware store to pick up a longer set. IIRC, they sent me 20mm length, but I had to find 40mm for the gas pedal (I think the shorter set worked fine on the metal brake pedal). It may have been the specific location of the holes that I drilled in the plastic gas pedal, but the 20mm screws weren't long enough for me to thread the nut on from behind. These are standard sized socket cap screws that fit flush inside of the milled aluminum pedals, available at Home Depot or any Ace Hardware.

Good luck with the install, and make sure to have a good drill bit to get through the metal brake pedal (my beat up bits made that the longest part of this install...). Post up some pics when you're done
Old 08-20-2017, 10:56 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

I finally found some time to install my aluminum pedal set on my 2012 Cayenne S today. I had the OEM pedal set that actually just fits snugly around the pedal itself, so the uninstall from stock took about 3 seconds.
Looks like it turned out great, very nice!

Now go find your vacuum cleaner!
Old 08-20-2017, 11:46 AM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarGuyNVA
Looks like it turned out great, very nice!

Now go find your vacuum cleaner!
Unfortunately, a filthy carpet is the least of my problems at this point... my 20 year old son did this to my Cayenne S on Friday afternoon. Nobody was hurt- thank God - but the interior cleaning will have to wait a few weeks until I get it back from the body shop

Last edited by North Shore 911; 08-20-2017 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:27 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,167 Likes on 3,931 Posts

Unfortunately, a filthy carpet is the least of my problems at this point... my 20 year old son did this to my Cayenne s in Friday afternoon. Nobody was hurt- thank God - but the interior cleaning will have to wait a few weeks until I get it back from the body shop😬

oh man, that stinks. Good luck with the repair.

Quick Reply: aluminum sport pedals