Sponsored By:

Oil change platforms, (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 02:57 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Oil change platforms, (Pics)

I changed the oil in my 2016 CD for the second time last night and used these 2x10's, staggered and stacked 3 high to get more clearance and have been using them since I had my 2009 Corvette and for all the vehicles I've had since as they come in very handy.

Thankfully the oil change for the Cayenne is easy and exactly like it is/was on my 2012 Touareg TDI that is being bought back this upcoming Tuesday.

I got the oil change kit from IDParts as they are here in MA and I get it in one day. LiquiMoly oil, the filter and o-ring and they include a crush washer for the oil drain bolt. I had been using an EcoPlug but somehow the rubber fins on the plug tore off the post of the plug. I was glad I had the original drain bolt and a new crush washer and when I put it on, filled up with oil and ran the motor I had no leak. I suspect the leak I had was from whoever changed the oil having used the same crush washer and it allowed the oil to leak past the threads of the drain bolt. I should have left the plastic pans off so I could check it easily when I get home tonight but it is easy enough to undo 4 of the plastic tray bolts to see if the bolt is leaking. I hope not.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156390.../shares/rab4bM

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156390.../shares/k63MjR

Last edited by BenCD; 07-06-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:25 PM
Ucool
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BenCD
I changed the oil in my 2016 CD for the second time last night and used these 2x10's, staggered and stacked 3 high to get more clearance and have been using them since I had my 2009 Corvette and for all the vehicles I've had since as they come in very handy.

Thankfully the oil change for the Cayenne is easy and exactly like it is/was on my 2012 Touareg TDI that is being bought back this upcoming Tuesday.

I got the oil change kit from IDParts as they are here in MA and I get it in one day. LiquiMoly oil, the filter and o-ring and they include a crush washer for the oil drain bolt. I had been using an EcoPlug but somehow the rubber fins on the plug tore off the post of the plug. I was glad I had the original drain bolt and a new crush washer and when I put it on, filled up with oil and ran the motor I had no leak. I suspect the leak I had was from whoever changed the oil having used the same crush washer and it allowed the oil to leak past the threads of the drain bolt. I should have left the plastic pans off so I could check it easily when I get home tonight but it is easy enough to undo 4 of the plastic tray bolts to see if the bolt is leaking. I hope not.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156390.../shares/rab4bM

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156390.../shares/k63MjR
Can you tell what oil filter wrench do you use for 2016 cayenne?
Old 09-05-2017, 05:33 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ucool
Can you tell what oil filter wrench do you use for 2016 cayenne?
The oil filter housing has a 32mm nut on the top of it. I had a large set of impact sockets and a 32mm socket for it. Had I not, I would have used either a large adjustable wrench or a big pair of channel locks or even a pipe wrench would do.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:44 PM
Ucool
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BenCD
The oil filter housing has a 32mm nut on the top of it. I had a large set of impact sockets and a 32mm socket for it. Had I not, I would have used either a large adjustable wrench or a big pair of channel locks or even a pipe wrench would do.
Thank you for your information, I am trying to do oil change myself, just make sure I have all tools to do the job. also do you know whats the oil filter parts number, I found 2 different parts # on pelicanparts.com

948-107-222-00
958-107-222-10

which one is correct?
Old 09-05-2017, 06:03 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

I don't buy the Porsche OEM filters as I have found that they charge 2-3x more for the exact same filter(s) that the Touareg TDI use(s).

These are the filters I use as I buy the oil change kits from the same place:

http://www.idparts.com/oil-filter-cpnbcnrb-p-3577.html

Not long ago I bought the Porsche-boxed fuel filter. It cost almost $70 at the dealership. I got the same exact filter, minus the white Porsche box, for $40. I posted up a thread about it on here.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:34 PM
projekt-h
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

I thought about building a set of those for oil changes and when I was doing the diff fluid changes, but realized I'm small enough to just get under there even without the adjustable suspension. I may still at a later date.

Quick Reply: Oil change platforms, (Pics)