Sponsored By:

2012 Cayenne Turbo Airbag Light

Old 06-25-2017, 12:14 PM
nstar8
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 2012 Cayenne Turbo Airbag Light

Hey all,
The airbag light all of sudden stays on all the time Anyone have this problem or solution you could direct me to?
Rather not spend a small fortune at the dealer on something I can fix myself.

Thanks a bunch.
Old 06-25-2017, 06:09 PM
nstar8
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Nobody knows how to reset the airbag light?
Old 08-15-2017, 08:54 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

What makes you think resetting the light will result in it staying off? If there was a fault that caused it to come on - resetting it will do nothing at all. It will see the fault and turn itself back on again.

I'd suggest getting a diagnostics tool that can read the airbag system error codes (Durametric, iCarScan) and determining what caused the light to trigger. Fix that - then use the same tool to reset the light. If you did fix it - the light will then stay off.

BTW - I moved this from the rarely visited Cayenne DIY forum that hangs out in an entirely different part of the forum. The reason you didn't get a response is no one read the question.

I think I'll ask to have that entire DIY forum moved to the main Cayenne forum as a subforum.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:20 PM
oldskewel
Burning Brakes

Received 130 Likes on 106 Posts

Hi, 911 owner for 20+ years, looking to buy a Cayenne S '04. It's got the airbag light on, which the current owner (a close friend) has tried and given up on fixing (and the light is making a sale difficult, so we may be helping eachother out with this sale). So questions, before I buy:

Will the airbag light actually reset itself if there is not a real problem? For example, I know on my BMW X5, they design the window regulators and door handle carriers to break every 2 years, so removing the door panel and disconnecting the airbag is a common thing to do. If power is ever restored while the airbag is disconnected, the airbag light comes on and stays on until reset using a special tool - even though there is nothing at all wrong with the airbag system. That was one of the first problems I solved when buying the X5.

So on an X5, if the airbag light is on, it is still highly likely that there is nothing wrong with the airbag system. True / not for the Cayenne?

Also, if it is the case that there is no actual problem, and the system just needs to be reset, is the functionality of the airbag system affected in any way while the light is on?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 Cayenne Turbo Airbag Light