Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 (https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-958-2011-2018-242/)
-   -   Upgraded Exhaust Note on my 2012 Cayenne S (https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-958-2011-2018/975802-upgraded-exhaust-note-on-my-2012-cayenne-s.html)

North Shore 911 02-17-2017 07:22 PM

Upgraded Exhaust Note on my 2012 Cayenne S

Having gotten used to the sweet growl of the PSE and Sports Headers on my 2010 911 4S Cab, I was thoroughly disappointed with the stock exhaust note on my 2012 Cayenne S. However, given that my PiG is only my winter DD and dedicated boat/snowmobile tow rig, I wasn't about the drop that kind of coin on a whole new exhaust system. So I split the uprights with a set of Fabspeed secondary catbypass pipes that I installed today.

I have to say that this relatively easy install has been a GREAT upgrade in the throatiness of the exhaust of this awesome V8 engine. I took video clips before and after the installation to compare. While video clips never due justice to the actual sound, I have to say that it's a huge difference as I was driving home with all the windows down and the sunroof open :cheers: Here are the clips to compare in case anyone else is looking for a fairly straightforward exhaust note upgrade (and maybe even a few additional ponies if you believe the Fabspeed guys :D)

Stock Exhaust:

With Secondary Catbypass Pipes:

987part 02-18-2017 08:12 PM

very cool, i plan to do the same on a 2017 gts

John@Fabspeed 02-21-2017 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by North Shore 911 (Post 13967116)
Having gotten used to the sweet growl of the PSE and Sports Headers on my 2010 911 4S Cab, I was thoroughly disappointed with the stock exhaust note on my 2012 Cayenne S. However, given that my PiG is only my winter DD and dedicated boat/snowmobile tow rig, I wasn't about the drop that kind of coin on a whole new exhaust system. So I split the uprights with a set of Fabspeed secondary catbypass pipes that I installed today.

I have to say that this relatively easy install has been a GREAT upgrade in the throatiness of the exhaust of this awesome V8 engine. I took video clips before and after the installation to compare. While video clips never due justice to the actual sound, I have to say that it's a huge difference as I was driving home with all the windows down and the sunroof open :cheers: Here are the clips to compare in case anyone else is looking for a fairly straightforward exhaust note upgrade (and maybe even a few additional ponies if you believe the Fabspeed guys :D)

Stock Exhaust:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hJPYHjXmEhA

With Secondary Catbypass Pipes:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GGYA40...m-upload_owner

Hey Derek!

Thanks so much for posting up the comparison and your thoughts of the improvement. It sounds awesome and I am glad you are enjoying the upgrade as much as we do. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with :cheers:

TheCayenneKid 03-13-2018 03:14 PM

Alec@Fabspeed

Sorry to highjack this thread and bring it back to life, but is there any way I could get in contact with you for a possible package deal of Secondary Cat Bypass as well as ECU Tuner? I don't seem to have the ability to direct message since I'm new, but perhaps a moderator can assist with this. I have sent an email to David Rossi at FabSpeed but haven't heard back from him in about a week. Would love to put these on, picking my Cayenne S up this Friday.

Thanks

deilenberger 03-13-2018 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by TheCayenneKid (Post 14866692)
Alec@Fabspeed

Sorry to highjack this thread and bring it back to life, but is there any way I could get in contact with you for a possible package deal of Secondary Cat Bypass as well as ECU Tuner? I don't seem to have the ability to direct message since I'm new, but perhaps a moderator can assist with this. I have sent an email to David Rossi at FabSpeed but haven't heard back from him in about a week. Would love to put these on, picking my Cayenne S up this Friday.

Thanks

If you look at Alec's "SIG" - he gives a direct email address he can be reached at. I suspect that might be your best path forward.

John@Fabspeed 03-13-2018 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by deilenberger (Post 14866851)
If you look at Alec's "SIG" - he gives a direct email address he can be reached at. I suspect that might be your best path forward.

;)

Originally Posted by TheCayenneKid (Post 14866692)
Alec@Fabspeed

Thanks

Hey,

I'd definitely be able to work with you on this - sending a PM.

Cosmo Kramer 03-15-2018 12:47 AM

Cool mod, I am sure these could be made up by any muffler shop. Just two pipes with a few minor bends and a flange.
​​​​​​
No disrespect to Fabspeed, but man $1150 is a bit steep for what they are.