2015 Cayenne S E-Hybrid - Tire Well

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 01:46 PM
Rrunkle
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2015 Cayenne S E-Hybrid - Tire Well

I'm looking at a 2015 Cayenne E-hybrid.

I'm wondering, with the batteries in the spare tire well, what is done in place of the space tire?
And, maybe even more importantly, what is done with the Burmester Sub Woofer option?
Old 06-01-2016, 11:26 AM
thescratt
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

You get a bottle of tyre sealant, and a compressor I believe. I have not checked for the compressor, but understand it is under the bottle of sealant, in the tool kit on the top right of the battery area.
But maybe I have the air outlet, as I have air suspension. I really should check. But it will be either or. =)

I have the Bose surround system and it sounds amazing.. No idea where the sub-woofer is. It used to be where the spare tyre should have been on my old Turbo. Which is now where the battery is, as you know.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:47 AM
Rrunkle
AutoX

Originally Posted by thescratt
You get a bottle of tyre sealant, and a compressor I believe. I have not checked for the compressor, but understand it is under the bottle of sealant, in the tool kit on the top right of the battery area.
But maybe I have the air outlet, as I have air suspension. I really should check. But it will be either or. =)

I have the Bose surround system and it sounds amazing.. No idea where the sub-woofer is. It used to be where the spare tyre should have been on my old Turbo. Which is now where the battery is, as you know.
Thanks. My 2008 Boxster has the same strategy for flat tires. Thats what I figured.

On the subwoofer, after looking at a ton of pictures online, it looks like ot might be in the drivers side rear panel in the trunk.

Thanks!!
Old 06-01-2016, 09:53 PM
thescratt
Instructor

I went snooping earlier this evening..

It is a stand alone electric pump stowed under the tyre sealant, and you are correct the sub-woofer is behind a grill in the drivers side rear panel, in the trunk.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:50 AM
Rrunkle
AutoX

Thanks for the info... I wonder why they don't place the woofer in the panel for non hybrids. Seem better than wasting the spare tie location.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:05 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 658 Posts

I have a question for you guys on the newer Hybrid....
(... sounds like Scratt had an older C Turbo too, so hoping you have this comparison)

I have a 958 CTT (2012), and I too have a grill back on the drivers side rear cargo area. But it appears to be a air return vent. When I crank up the climate control to full volume I can hear a fan running in there, and if I put a tissue up against it, it is clearly pulling air in. I figure it is the circular motion of air flow throughout the cabin. Oh, and my subwoofer is underneath my spare (I also have the Burmester sound sys).

So if Porsche put your subwoofers behind that grill in the back driver side cargo area,... where is your air return vent?

=Steve
Old 06-03-2016, 06:51 AM
thescratt
Instructor

Good questions!

My Turbo was a late 2004 so had the big Bose Subwoofer which was probably bigger than the battery is in my hybrid today! If I am completely honest, and I have not really cranked up the system in the hybrid yet, I think my Turbo's sound system was slightly better than the hybrids in terms of overall power / presence of low frequency sounds. Which speaks well to an OEM system which was getting on for 12 years old when I sold it!

The grill where I think the sub-woofer is in the Hybrid is pretty big (like a square foot or more in area). I will see if it has any air flow.. How big is the one in your Turbo?
Old 06-03-2016, 01:28 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 658 Posts

Scratt, my 958 CTT rear cargo {driver side panel} air return vent is only 7" tall -by- 10" wide.
... but again, if that location is used for your 958 Bose sub woofer in your 2015 E Hybrid, where is your air return vent?

side-thoughts....

So Rrunkle, maybe in the 2015 E Hybrid they did indeed waste the space under the spare. That would be a shame.
I am interested in that answer too. But please know that in my 2012 CTT w/ Burmester, the sub is under the spare.

Scratt, Can you please clarify what year & model you have?
Pls clarify in saying to Rrunkle that your the 2015 E Hybrid battery location is under the spare, and your Bose sub location is in the rear cargo side panel.

Thnx
=S
Old 06-03-2016, 02:38 PM
thescratt
Instructor

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Scratt, my 958 CTT rear cargo {driver side panel} air return vent is only 7" tall -by- 10" wide.
... but again, if that location is used for your 958 Bose sub woofer in your 2015 E Hybrid, where is your air return vent?

side-thoughts....

So Rrunkle, maybe in the 2015 E Hybrid they did indeed waste the space under the spare. That would be a shame.
I am interested in that answer too. But please know that in my 2012 CTT w/ Burmester, the sub is under the spare.

Scratt, Can you please clarify what year & model you have?
Pls clarify in saying to Rrunkle that your the 2015 E Hybrid battery location is under the spare, and your Bose sub location is in the rear cargo side panel.

Thnx
=S
To clarify....

Mine is a 2016 (Model Year), delivered late 2015, S E Hybrid.
It has no spare, no space saver, only tyre sealant; which is on the passenger side of the battery, with the tool kit and electric compressor.

I have not thoroughly investigated where the sub-woofer is. It is not under the battery as far as I can see or based on what I have been told / read.
The battery takes up all of the space in there quite visibly.

Whether or not it is behind the grill on the drivers side in the rear I have not actually physically verified. I was taking that on trust from other people's suggestions, and the big grill I had never seen in a Cayenne before. =)

I am charging the battery atm. I can take pictures later if people like?
Old 06-05-2016, 09:56 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by Rrunkle
Thanks for the info... I wonder why they don't place the woofer in the panel for non hybrids. Seem better than wasting the spare tie location.
That entire area is used for HVAC equipment on 4-zone HVAC equipped models. If there is a grille there (and it's not a hybrid) then the vehicle has the 4-zone system. That's the return for the rear system.

I dunno if 4-zone HVAC is an option with the hybrid vehicles.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:58 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by thescratt
I have not thoroughly investigated where the sub-woofer is. It is not under the battery as far as I can see or based on what I have been told / read.
You might turn the audio system on and use your ears to determine if that's the location of the subwoofer. Or look at the rear of your console in the passenger compartment and determine if you have 4-zone HVAC.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:48 AM
Rrunkle
AutoX

Default 4 Zone CC

I'm pretty sure that the 4 Zone Climate Control is not available in the E-Hybrid; probably because that car has run out of space with the batteries taking the tire well, the woofer in the back panel, etc..

For the 2016 BUILD, it does not show up as an option at all.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:37 PM
thescratt
Instructor

I don't have the 4 zone system in mine.

Quick Reply: 2015 Cayenne S E-Hybrid - Tire Well