Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2012 Porsche Cayenne V 6 Engine Oil Change

Old 05-06-2016, 05:21 PM
DAVEPCPA
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Porsche Cayenne V 6 Engine Oil Change

any instructions or repair manuals for this procedure.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:55 AM
wwilliams88
Drifting

Received 244 Likes on 148 Posts

Very similar to this including the unavoidable mess. The 958 does have a plug at the end of the oil filter housing that you can remove to drain the filter oil. If you don't have a lift, make sure there are plenty of paper towels available.....

Old 05-08-2016, 01:55 AM
ZenicaPA
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Good God.
I watched the video and I'm thinking without a lift, this seems like a royal PITA.
I'm not about to install a lift just to change oil although I am sure I'd come up with uses for one I never imagined once I actually had one.

The Cayenne is my first Porsche in many many many years so I have no idea how the dealers are in terms of quality. Given the number of screws, the different length of said screws and the mess it creates removing the filter, does the dealer use A techs for this that will actually care about the car as I would by replacing screws where they belong and cleaning the mess created or will they dispatch menial oil changes to the $10.00 LOF flunkie who will probably not give a crap.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:22 AM
wwilliams88
Drifting

Received 244 Likes on 148 Posts

Screws are pretty much the same for all of the under body panels. There is just a bunch of them. I use a set of Rhino Ramps and can get to all of them without issue. If you have a leftover screw, it can be a bit of a hunt to find the hole you missed.

As far as the techs, quality can vary. Most of the time it is done right at least at my dealership. The last oil change resulted in some drips on my garage floor where they didn't clean all of the spilled oil before installing the panels.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 Porsche Cayenne V 6 Engine Oil Change