Sponsored By:

Interior alarm active after unlocking using remote

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 06:00 PM
Tom M
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Interior alarm active after unlocking using remote

This just started the other day on my 2011 S. When I unlock the car using the remote the interior alarm stays active and goes off when I open the door. If I unlock all the doors using a double-push the interior alarm shuts off and I can open the door with not problems.

I verified this today by watching the indicator LED on the door while standing next to it. A single push unlocked the door and the light changed to a slow blink. Re-lock it and do double-push and the light goes out.

I checked the durametric and not faults other and the CAN BUS (1538/602 & 1539/603) but checking previously no one knew what they were. I had them a long time ago and cleared them and they weren't there a week ago but since this is new I don't think they are related.

Anybody have suggestions on what to check next?
Old 04-11-2016, 07:04 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom M
I checked the durametric and not faults other and the CAN BUS (1538/602 & 1539/603) but checking previously no one knew what they were. I had them a long time ago and cleared them and they weren't there a week ago but since this is new I don't think they are related.
Sorry - but I'm totally confused on what you're saying here.

Are there any stored codes right now?
If so - what module?

Certainly if there are communications problems in the CAN-BUS network it might cause problems such as your vehicle exhibits.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:23 AM
Tom M
Burning Brakes

The errors listed were the only thing that showed up. But as mentioned, they were there nearly a year ago right after I pulled the head unit to have it repaired. I cleared them and they haven't shown back up until just now. Back then I figured it was because the head unit was out of the vehicle and the bus was in an "open" state. While the timing is a bit odd I don't believe it's connected with the alarm issue.

No other codes/faults were reported when running the Durametric short test and I cleared all the faults last night.

ETA: I just reran the Durametric short test after driving in to work and there were no failures. However when unlocking the car the interior alarm stays active with only a single press of the remote. A double press unlocks all doors and turns off the alarm. This is based on observing the indicator in the door.

Last edited by Tom M; 04-12-2016 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:47 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Interesting. I wonder if Durametric has the ability to show the current state of the modules? I'd have to hook mine up to see (I've mostly been playing with the ICarScan - which has the ability to read real-time data.)

It sounds as if you have the lock system setup to unlock the drivers door with one push, and all doors with two pushes (that is an option.. under vehicle settings.) Can you change to all-doors with one push and see what happens?
Old 04-12-2016, 01:56 PM
Tom M
Burning Brakes

I actually did just set it to open all doors today at lunch and it unlocks and disables the alarm just fine. I then reset it back to unlock the driver's door and the alarm stays active until the 2nd push.

My Durametric is not able to read the door module for some reason (never has so that isn't new) so I'm guessing there's an error there someplace. At least I've got a workaround for now.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:11 PM
deilenberger
Banned

I'll have to see what the ICarScan can read from that module, provided I can figure out what module it is (each door has a module..) I'll start with the driver's door.

Will let'cha know what I find.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:54 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Tom,

Just took a look. The only mention of the security system is in the door modules, and the "rear" module (whatever that is..)

Here is what I can read from the door modules (data stream):

=====2016-04-12 16:27:58=====

Key button up No

Key button down No

Lock secured feedback No

'Lock safe' feedback No

Rotary latch microswitch open No

Rotary latch No

Door inner handle No

Outer door handle actuated No

============================

The values change if I play with the parts being reported on. There is a function available in ICarScan to actuate the door locks.. but I didn't try that. Also in the Gateway module I can turn the alarm warning LED on or off.

Totally puzzled on where to look for your problem.

Does it do this with both keys?
Does it do this if you open/unlock the vehicle with the door handle?
Old 04-12-2016, 05:55 PM
deilenberger
Banned

I'll take a look on my AllData account - mebbe they have more info..
Old 04-12-2016, 06:31 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Looked on AllData - it appears the alarm function is built into the rear-module.

#1 is referred to as the rear module. This photo is from a rather long sequence about adding a diode in-line to the rear module for some reason involving the alarm. Unfortunately they didn't elaborate on the reason.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:33 PM
Tom M
Burning Brakes

Thanks for looking. I'll try reading just the door modules again.

Where did you get your ICarScan?
Old 04-12-2016, 09:16 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Originally Posted by Tom M
Thanks for looking. I'll try reading just the door modules again.

Where did you get your ICarScan?
eBay vendor.. from Hong Kong. Don't know who has them now, Amazon also had them. Interesting - in talking to Launch - the ICarScan is a different company, but has contracted with Launch for their software. I'm guessing that and the fact that Launch sells a comparable product in the US (from various vendors - ummm... EasyDiag http://www.carid.com/launch-tech/eas...301180098.html) for less money, but more money per vehicle brand - is why it's not directly available in the US.

Also: http://uedata.amazon.com/Launch-Tech...emL&dpSrc=sims - cheaper but you have to pay for any car brand..

Took a look on Amazon - ICarScan still available. All from Hong Kong - but I had mine 2 days after I ordered it - faster then from a US vendor. http://uedata.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb...words=icarscan

Last edited by deilenberger; 04-12-2016 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:17 PM
deilenberger
Banned

BTW - from what I saw in AllData - you might try looking at the rear-module. I haven't explored this yet with ICarScan, but the stuff in AllData implied that's where the central unit for the alarm system is located.

Quick Reply: Interior alarm active after unlocking using remote