Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by TAch Miami

Could you post results for 2013 CDs? TIA

Old 03-21-2018, 08:29 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Sorry to hear about the throttle hesitation guys. I haven’t experienced that, and I’m particularly semsitiv to it. Exact same issue with my old BMW that I got rid of.

I do notice that now 3 tanks of fuel in, mileage doesn’t seem to be as good. There is definitely more diesel clatter at low speed. And overall smoothness isn’t the same.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:30 AM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by petery
Sorry to hear that, I am gonna try to wait out as long as I can before get it fixed. I am still waiting for my 1/2 of the Bosch money too...
I had my CD fixed 12/12/2017 and am waiting for the other 1/2 of the Bosch money as well. We're all in the same boat with waiting for the other $750. It will be a nice present when it finally arrives.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:31 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 180 Posts

Sorry to hear that, I am gonna try to wait out as long as I can before get it fixed. I am still waiting for my 1/2 of the Bosch money too...
Everytime I think it would be nice to collect the last half of the VAG settlement, a ride in my not-fixed Cayenne comes up and I just keep putting it off. Our '14 CD has only 32k miles, and runs like a champ. The fix will come, just not anytime soon.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:40 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 133 Likes on 90 Posts

My '14 was slow to shift from R to D. 1-2 seconds to engage. I just got used to it. None of my service loaners ever did it, and neither does my '15.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:53 PM
Chetan Saini
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Diesel Fix ruined my V6 Cayenne

Originally Posted by WhipE350
I drove a fair amount today, about 80 miles, all types of conditions. The main thing I notice is an extended warm up period. Seems to return to pre-fix type driving once oil temp is above 150. During this warm up period 3rd gear is held to over 3k rpm at times. It seems odd because to me I'm like "hey I'm not accelerating hard, why aren't you shifting". I do recall some of this before the fix but not for an extended warm up period, nor with such an awkward holding of 3rd gear. Again mine is a 2014.
I have noticed this as well after getting the car repaired. The car does not drives as good as it used to. There seems to be excessive engine noise and the power delivery is not linear. Sometime it feels like that the car will die. Car jerking is common when below 3rd gear.
I have driven more than 500 Miles. Is there a way to get it fixed?
Old 03-23-2018, 12:51 AM
Beantown Kman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne
Everytime I think it would be nice to collect the last half of the VAG settlement, a ride in my not-fixed Cayenne comes up and I just keep putting it off. Our '14 CD has only 32k miles, and runs like a champ. The fix will come, just not anytime soon.
+1
Old 03-23-2018, 02:55 PM
BoersID
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Long time lurker and new member. I have a 15 CD and I can unequivocally state do not get the fix. Not worth the money if you tow anything. The transmission will not shift smoothly with or without a trailer and delay in shifts is very dangerous for merging overtaking etc. This is my second diesel (12 Treg) and I am not happy at all with the "Fix" and having features removed like the engine braking. I tow a couple of sleds or a direct drive ski boat as an FYI. Mileage has suffered by almost 5mpg towing and up to 6 on long haul flat areas without a trailer (all things being equal: Wind road etc). I do the same drive every third weekend to the cabin. Dealer has it again for the 2nd time trying to fix the fix but my gut is it will be to no avail. Hoping they can do something... A very disappointed owner.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:46 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

I have mentioned more than once and will mention this again: If owners who had the fix done have negative experiences, then the only way for VW to rectify and do better is that the remaining owners not do the fix. If there is no 85% participation by the later part of 2019, VW will suffer daily penalties and need to do something about it.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:08 PM
BoersID
Track Day

Originally Posted by visitador
I have mentioned more than once and will mention this again: If owners who had the fix done have negative experiences, then the only way for VW to rectify and do better is that the remaining owners not do the fix. If there is no 85% participation by the later part of 2019, VW will suffer daily penalties and need to do something about it.
Exactly!
Old 03-23-2018, 10:42 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by visitador
I can't wait to get a letter from Porsche/Audi/VW reminding me to call my local Porsche dealer to have it made compliant. I'm going to try to test drive one of the Diesels for sale at my local dealership.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:07 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BoersID
Long time lurker and new member. I have a 15 CD and I can unequivocally state do not get the fix. Not worth the money if you tow anything. The transmission will not shift smoothly with or without a trailer and delay in shifts is very dangerous for merging overtaking etc. This is my second diesel (12 Treg) and I am not happy at all with the "Fix" and having features removed like the engine braking. I tow a couple of sleds or a direct drive ski boat as an FYI. Mileage has suffered by almost 5mpg towing and up to 6 on long haul flat areas without a trailer (all things being equal: Wind road etc). I do the same drive every third weekend to the cabin. Dealer has it again for the 2nd time trying to fix the fix but my gut is it will be to no avail. Hoping they can do something... A very disappointed owner.
This post motivated me to drive a "fixed" CD. I ran up to the local dealer this morning with my pre-fix '14 and drove a used '15 CD ready for sale. I noticed the hold on 3rd gear, which was ok, as it didn't feel harsh. That being said, the CD drove like absolutely nothing special. I didn't feel much power and the sprinkle of playfulness in my '14 is completely gone. Sport mode didn't help much either. If I take myself back to my original test drives of the Cayenne, which included a V8 powered S and the Diesel, the Diesel felt almost as fun as the V8, with 50% better fuel economy. It was no-brainer. I've driven some newer pre-fixed loaner Diesels that were also much more fun to drive than the fixed '15.
The real proof was in my ride home in the '14, which began with the same route as the test in the '15. No comparison. I felt the '14 was much more eager to accelerate.
I would have to say if my original test drive was in a fixed Diesel, I would have passed and bought the V8.
I will try for another drive, in a different car, but I have to confirm BoersID observation... a different, less fun car to drive.
Old 03-24-2018, 11:36 PM
BoersID
Track Day

Originally Posted by Beantown Kman
+1
Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne
This post motivated me to drive a "fixed" CD. I ran up to the local dealer this morning with my pre-fix '14 and drove a used '15 CD ready for sale. I noticed the hold on 3rd gear, which was ok, as it didn't feel harsh. That being said, the CD drove like absolutely nothing special. I didn't feel much power and the sprinkle of playfulness in my '14 is completely gone. Sport mode didn't help much either. If I take myself back to my original test drives of the Cayenne, which included a V8 powered S and the Diesel, the Diesel felt almost as fun as the V8, with 50% better fuel economy. It was no-brainer. I've driven some newer pre-fixed loaner Diesels that were also much more fun to drive than the fixed '15.
The real proof was in my ride home in the '14, which began with the same route as the test in the '15. No comparison. I felt the '14 was much more eager to accelerate.
I would have to say if my original test drive was in a fixed Diesel, I would have passed and bought the V8.
I will try for another drive, in a different car, but I have to confirm BoersID observation... a different, less fun car to drive.
Exactly, so I am now stuck with a CD I would not have purchased in the first place. I would have gotten the CS.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:53 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
2nd Bosch Check arrived
Mine too yesterday.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:01 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by BoersID
Exactly, so I am now stuck with a CD I would not have purchased in the first place. I would have gotten the CS.
I don't understand the amount of "grass is greener" whining here. A comparable used CS trades at a lower price point compared to a CD today without even taking into consideration of the $10K from VW and Bosch. You have been made more than whole on all of this. Take your chances with a transfer case and vario cam bolts that comes with CS/turbos. Where and what is the "regret?"

I drive my CD differently after the fix in that my foot is holding deeper in the accelerator pedal than before. Gearbox holds low gears longer before so you need to manual shift to feel like the way it drives before. It now drives like other diesels in the market and I don't mind changing the way I drive this car now for $10K

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue