Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 04:22 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandPaJohn
The warranty date starts with the punch date (in service date). So if it was punched in 2015 you'd only have until 2021.
I figured. All of this dealers ads say 2023... so I wonder if somebody just screwed up the math or typo'd....

Originally Posted by Eskimo1
Unlimited miles?!?!? Wow.. That would have been tempting when I was shopping.

I found the one you're talking about - That's a nice one! Tempting.. The Burmester is even more of a pipe dream when I was looking than Air suspension!

If you go that route, I found a nice deal on a set of new 20" RS spyder wheels ...
Yeah I'm not crazy about white but the Agate interior is nice. LED headlights are excellent (last loaner I had was equipped with them), plus the Burmester. Not to mention the warranty...

What's the story on the rims? Even if I stick with my '14 it needs wheels, I'm not a fan of the 18s I've currently got...

Granted between the home improvements and un-f***ing my track car, I really truly DON'T need to spend ANY money on crap I do not NEED.... but yet the gears still turn. My financial advisor hates me lol.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:41 PM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

Unlimited miles?!?!? Wow.. That would have been tempting when I was shopping.

I found the one you're talking about - That's a nice one! Tempting.. The Burmester is even more of a pipe dream when I was looking than Air suspension!

If you go that route, I found a nice deal on a set of new 20" RS spyder wheels ...
I'd be interested in the wheels, especially if they are local.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:57 AM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 76 Posts

I'd be interested in the wheels, especially if they are local.
eBay, and upon closer inspection, they are not OEM.. Sorry!
Old 01-24-2018, 11:35 AM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Unlimited miles?!?!? Wow...
yeah, that started with CPO on 12/1/17. My GT4 has unlimited miles, but I doubt I will get anywhere near 100k before the 6 years is up.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:14 PM
merbesfield
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts

We had our 2013 diesel repaired and it seems ok. I don't drive the car DD, wife does. She claims it is slower and more "jerky" her words than before. We are taking it back to dealer for review. I will be shocked if they do anything or say they find anything. I suspect the answer will be it's fine and all checks out according to spec bla bla bla.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:05 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

The warranty date starts with the punch date (in service date). So if it was punched in 2015 you'd only have until 2021.
So I stopped by the dealer. I questioned the warranty dates on the website.

According to the sales guy - their website is correct. He said the 2015 CD's that were a previously a service loaner get 8 years on the CPO vs the 6 years on the "new" 2016s.

So the 2015's he has are warrantied until 2023. I dug in a little - "That's not a 6y CPO + the emissions stuff from the fix?" - Nope. Full standard CPO, 8y unlimited miles.

I took one for a drive. The Burmester sounds phenomenal. Rest of the vehicle drives exactly like my 2014. We did some numbers and we're apart by about $5k, so I went home, he said he'd talk to the sales mgr in the morning. Still having a little trouble choking down spending this much on a 2015, but the warranty has captured my attention. With the amount of driving I do, I'll get use out of it.

I'd really like to find some official documentation on this 8yr "service loaner" thing though. Another dealer in the area has a 2015 with ~800 miles on it (one I'm looking at has ~9500) and a few less options (Premium vs. Premium Plus) for $7k less. They're advertising 6y warranty.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:40 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
Yeah I'm not crazy about white but the Agate interior is nice. LED headlights are excellent (last loaner I had was equipped with them), plus the Burmester. Not to mention the warranty...
I wasn't a big fan of white, but the '15 I got is white and turns out, I like it. I wouldn't order white, but I now wouldn't walk away from a car just because it's white.

Mine's basic black inside, but I like black interiors, so that works. I do wish I had the LED lights, though.

As for the 8 year warranty claim? Seems like BS to me... check your PMs.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:04 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 326 Posts

ummm..... I just bought a 2015 that had been a service loaner. Dealer made no mention to me about an 8 year unlimited mileage CPO warranty. In fact, they specifically told me it had the 6 year/100k miles warranty. So I'm extremely interested in seeing paperwork that spells out this 8year CPO warranty so I can take it into my dealer and get another 2 years of warranty. So if you could get that in writing from your dealer and then send it to me, I'd very much appreciate it...
Old 01-25-2018, 10:59 AM
pvgolfer
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Does anyone who has purchased a NEW (unpunched warranty) 2015 or 2016 Cayenne diesel have information on warranty? I've heard from multiple dealers that these new cars come with a 6 year (unlimited miles) CPO warranty, including roadside assistance. One dealer said the 6 yr applies only to engine/emissions, and the regular 4yr/50k mile warranty applies to other components of the vehicle.

It seems that it would apply to the whole vehicle, as the dealers have mentioned that the new cars have been fully brought up to date (new tires, battery) per the certification process.

Would appreciate a link to official wording from Porsche.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:39 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by docwyte
ummm..... I just bought a 2015 that had been a service loaner. Dealer made no mention to me about an 8 year unlimited mileage CPO warranty. In fact, they specifically told me it had the 6 year/100k miles warranty. So I'm extremely interested in seeing paperwork that spells out this 8year CPO warranty so I can take it into my dealer and get another 2 years of warranty. So if you could get that in writing from your dealer and then send it to me, I'd very much appreciate it...
Shot you a PM but since you also posted here, for the benefit of others...

The CPO warranty changed to "unlimited miles" for CPO'd purchases made after 12/1/17.
https://www.porsche.com/usa/approved...ures/warranty/

The "8 years" thing is new though, and I can't find documentation anywhere there. The prime selling point to me (that switched me, as I was there, from "Just take a look" to "Ok I might actually do this") was the info from the sales guy that (at least some/certain) '15s have an 8y warranty. So I'll require some kind of official documentation that states "2023" before I buy. If I get it, I will definitely scan it and post it.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:48 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

So from the linked site above:
  • 2 Years / Unlimited Mileage Warranty coverage from the expiration of the new vehicle limited warranty or the date of sale if the new vehicle limited warranty has expired**
So if the "new vehicle warranty" is 6/100 on Diesels, and the CPO "adds 2 years" then that might be where he gets to 8 if they "certify" these?

Tho the ** from above is...

**This new warranty does not apply to vehicles sold as CPO prior to December 1, 2017 or vehicles with an existing 2 year/100,000 mileage warranty while still covered under the new vehicle limited warranty.
So I guess I could interpret this in a few ways:
1) This does not include CD's since they're still covered under a 100k new vehicle warranty
2) First bullet #1 is incorrect, because the CD is not a "2 year/100k" it's a "6 year/100k"
3) If it had been CPO'd with the 2y/100k previously, this doesn't apply

Though this also has nothing to do with "service loaner" unless he was merely speaking from his own context - they didn't have any *2016* service loaners. All their loaners were 2015's. The 2016's they had were all new or demo and wouldn't have been sold as CPO. So perhaps it's.... "all *our* 2015s are service loaners... all our 2015s are CPO'd... new CPO adds 2 years to the end of the warranty, which is 6/100... therefore all *our* service loaners are warrantied to 8/unlim"

*shrug*

I'll make him work it all out for me if we get that far.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:51 AM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Originally Posted by pvgolfer
Does anyone who has purchased a NEW (unpunched warranty) 2015 or 2016 Cayenne diesel have information on warranty? I've heard from multiple dealers that these new cars come with a 6 year (unlimited miles) CPO warranty, including roadside assistance. One dealer said the 6 yr applies only to engine/emissions, and the regular 4yr/50k mile warranty applies to other components of the vehicle.

It seems that it would apply to the whole vehicle, as the dealers have mentioned that the new cars have been fully brought up to date (new tires, battery) per the certification process.

Would appreciate a link to official wording from Porsche.
I have a new unpunched 2016 CD purchased last month. Dealer told me 6yr unlimited. Just called PCNA and after a few minutes of them researching my VIN she confirmed it's 6yr unlimited from my purchase date. Shows as 4YR new warranty and additional 2yr CPO with unlimited miles. They are selling all the CD's as CPO's. Never heard the 8yr before. Might just be dealer BS to move vehicles that were previously punched vs those that weren't.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:54 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

I have a new unpunched 2016 CD purchased last month. Dealer told me 6yr unlimited. Just called PCNA and after a few minutes of them researching my VIN she confirmed it's 6yr unlimited from my purchase date. Shows as 4YR new warranty and additional 2yr CPO with unlimited miles. They are selling all the CD's as CPO's. Never heard the 8yr before. Might just be dealer BS to move vehicles that were previously punched vs those that weren't.
Now that is interesting - because most of us here understand that all the D's were given a SIX year 100k "new vehicle warranty." So them telling you that yours is 4+2 goes against everything most of us understand.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:56 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

SO much mixed information out there!!!

At any rate, specific to the 8y thing - so far, despite my attempts to understand how 8y could be true - the build sheet for the one I'm looking at still shows warranty end in 2021.

So there's a chance it needs to be updated once they flag it in the system as "CPO". I don't know.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:29 PM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

I don't think anyone really knows for sure as nothing in writing that I've found. The girl on the phone at PCNA originally told me the computer showed the standard 4yr/50k warranty. She put me on hold and after a few minutes told me it was 4yr/50k and additional 2yr/100k total. I asked about the unlimited and she put me on hold again and then came back with YES, since I purchased after 12/1 it was unlimited miles. I asked about getting something in writing and she said it would take "awhile".
Omni, why don't you get the VIN of one of the vehicles the dealer has and call PCNA to confirm. Might be interesting to hear how your call goes.

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue