Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 09:48 PM
xc17pilot
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Original 2014 CD Owner; half payment received today, also thought we would get the full $1,500 all at once...
Old 09-19-2017, 09:51 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 180 Posts

$750 here too. First and only owner of a '!4 CD. The call to Bosch was useless. They knew nothing and couldn't give any advice of what we could expect.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:07 PM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Seems we might be sitting on these checks until we hear from the lawyers? Darn I wanted to use it to get a new custom steering wheel from DCT for my 911!
Old 09-19-2017, 10:09 PM
Alan A
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by docdent
I also received $750 from Bosch today. There was no information on why. Has anyone received the full $1500?
Yup. Same here
Old 09-19-2017, 11:06 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 642 Likes on 325 Posts

received 750 for my '14 Treg today. Also thought the whole 1,500 would be sent.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:47 AM
petros600
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by E55AMG
received 750 for my '14 Treg today. Also thought the whole 1,500 would be sent.
I also received $750 today for my '13.
Letter states the following:
By signing and depositing this check, you acknowledge the individual release of claims set forth in the Bosch settlement.

I guess I will be holding the check until we hear from the lawyers.
The check its only good for 90 days
Old 09-20-2017, 01:37 AM
petery
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by petros600
I also received $750 today for my '13.
Same here, received $750 in the mail today for my 2016 CD, I am guessing half now and half after the fix? I am cashing it tomorrow, what am I going to do, fight?
Old 09-20-2017, 01:44 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Got $750. Expected 1500. Confirmed below.

https://www.boschvwsettlement.com/en/Home/FAQ#faq11

What cash payment will I receive if I do not request exclusion from the Bosch Settlement?
The Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) is an independent government agency whose mission is to prevent business practices that are anticompetitive, or deceptive or unfair to consumers. Acting as an independent third party to the litigation between Class Counsel and Bosch, the FTC chose, the parties agreed to and the Court approved the allocation of the Bosch Settlement fund among members of the Bosch Settlement Class.

The Bosch Settlement funds will be allocated to Class members as follows:

An Eligible Owner of an Eligible Vehicle in the VW 2.0-liter Settlement will receive $350 in the Bosch Settlement, except that if an Eligible Seller has identified himself or herself and filed an approved claim for the Eligible Vehicle, or if an Eligible Lessee has identified himself or herself and filed an approved claim for the Eligible Vehicle, the Eligible Owner will receive $175.
An Eligible Seller in the VW 2.0-liter Settlement who has identified himself or herself and filed an approved claim will receive $175 in the Bosch Settlement.
An Eligible Lessee in the VW 2.0-liter Settlement will receive $200 in the Bosch Settlement.
An Eligible Owner of an Eligible Vehicle in the 3.0-liter Settlement will receive $1,500 in the Bosch Settlement unless:
An Eligible Former Owner has identified himself or herself and filed an approved claim for the Eligible Vehicle in the VW 3.0-liter Settlement, in which case the $1,500 payment will be split equally ($750 each) between the Eligible Former Owner and the Eligible Owner.
An Eligible Former Lessee has identified himself or herself and filed an approved claim for the Eligible Vehicle in the VW 3.0-liter Settlement, in which case the Eligible Owner will receive $750 in the Bosch Settlement.
Two Eligible Former Owners have identified themselves and filed approved claims for the Eligible Vehicle in the 3.0-liter Settlement, in which case the $1,500 will be split among the Eligible Owner and the two Eligible Former Owners, with $750 going to the Eligible Owner and $375 each to the two Eligible Former Owners.
An Eligible Lessee in the VW 3.0-liter Settlement will receive $1,200 in the Bosch Settlement.
The above payments are net payments to Class Members. They will not be reduced by attorneys’ fees or expenses for Class Counsel.

The entire Bosch Settlement fund, plus any interest, will be distributed over the course of the settlement process through a combination of one or more payments to Bosch Settlement Class Members, and if approved by the Court, payment of attorneys’ fees and expenses from the Bosch Settlement. If any money remains in the fund at the end of the claims process, the parties may request that the Court approve cy pres payments (generally payments to a charity or charities related to the terms of a settlement) if it is not administratively and/or economically feasible to distribute the remaining money pro rata to the Bosch Settlement Class Members.

Last edited by Spyerx; 09-20-2017 at 02:15 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:30 AM
petery
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spyerx
The entire Bosch Settlement fund, plus any interest, will be distributed over the course of the settlement process through a combination of one or more payments to Bosch Settlement Class Members
So it sounds like I should get another check in the mail for the other $750. How soon? Should I hold on to the first check until I get the second one?
Old 09-20-2017, 10:13 AM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

This is a great show. The, here we go again . . . All this online hand wringing over, now, $750, which surely will come.

Guys that have already spent the money or counting on it for anything other than survival-I love it. The definition of a First World Dilemma.

The other $750 is going to come. VW promises, they really do.

Last edited by BenCD; 09-20-2017 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:42 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by petery
So it sounds like I should get another check in the mail for the other $750. How soon? Should I hold my breath until I get the second one?
Old 09-20-2017, 11:05 AM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BenCD
Guys that have already spent the money or counting on it for anything other than survival-I love it.
Nah it's not about that (at least for me). It's just annoying for this to continue to be drug out and more so that those that have contacted Bosch can't even get an answer.

They could have made this painless by simply sending the whole payment at once. Baring that, they should have either included something about it in the letter and/or had their phones prepped with the answer for those that called.

Just terrible management from our side of things. Not the end of the world, just annoying.

The other $750 is going to come. VW promises, they really do.
I'll happily promise you that you are getting money from someone else too This is related but separate from the VW settlement.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:48 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

There is a paragraph under item 11 of the Bosch VW Settlement Notice, see court document 2918:
"The entire Bosch Settlement fund, plus any interest, will be distributed over the course of the settlement
process through a combination of one or more payments to Bosch Settlement Class members, and if
approved by the Court, payment of attorneys’ fees and expenses from the settlement. If any money
remains in the fund at the end of the claims process, the parties may request that the Court approve cy
pres payments (generally payments to a charity or charities related to the terms of a settlement) if it is not
administratively and/or economically feasible to distribute the remaining money pro rata to the Bosch
Settlement Class members."

While the general wording of the Gen2 3.0L cash payment from Bosch does not state or imply multiple payments, rather it only states explicitly how payment amounts may change under 3 specific conditions, the implication is a one-time payment for the full restitution amount, yet the above quoted paragraph allows for multiple payments. So while inconvenient, it is still within the parameters of the approved settlement agreement - no matter how maddening it may be ...

Last edited by stronbl; 09-20-2017 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:00 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by stronbl
There is a paragraph under item 11 of the Bosch VW Settlement Notice, see court document 2918:
"The entire Bosch Settlement fund, plus any interest, will be distributed over the course of the settlement
process through a combination of one or more payments to Bosch Settlement Class members, and if
approved by the Court, payment of attorneys’ fees and expenses from the settlement. If any money
remains in the fund at the end of the claims process, the parties may request that the Court approve cy
pres payments (generally payments to a charity or charities related to the terms of a settlement) if it is not
administratively and/or economically feasible to distribute the remaining money pro rata to the Bosch
Settlement Class members."

While the general wording of the Gen2 3.0L cash payment from Bosch does not state or imply multiple payments, rather it only states explicitly how payment amounts may change under 3 specific conditions, the implication is a one-time payment for the full restitution amount, the above quoted paragraph allows for multiple payments. So while inconvenient, it is still within the parameters of the approved settlement agreement - no matter how madding it may be ...
And there it is, the harsh reality of $1,500 not coming all at once, buried in the fine print, in plain sight.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:54 PM
booch
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

I called the Bosch hotline and the gent I spoke with reiterated the multiple payout clause. I'm cashing the $750 and I'll wait on the rest. Life is too short to get my panties that wadded up over $750 in free money.

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue