Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

DIY Interior LED Light Package

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 07:57 PM
Lionworks Auto
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Reviving this thread a bit. I just updated the interior lamps to LED's on my 04 CTT with black interior. It was very easy to swap the 7 bulbs (dome, interior at back seats and cargo area). I deliberately left the front and back wells as the standard incandescent as like driving with those lit and they match the dash lights. My only complaint is the starkness of the quality of light of these particular LED's/ what do you think? They are inexpensive enough that I ordered a "warm white" version and will replace to see if I prefer the difference. Sometime those can lean a little green however.

Old 04-10-2017, 12:41 AM
pburt03
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

2017 revival. I purchased the dome light kit from Suncoast - http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/PKLED958DOME.html - and installed over the weekend. Easy enough to swap these bulbs out, but now the dome lights seems to only come on intermittently when opening the doors. When they do come on, they flash when starting the car.

Anyone experience anything like this? Thoughts as to what might be going on?

Last edited by pburt03; 04-10-2017 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:11 AM
Elberoth
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I have a similar problem in my 2009 Audi S5. The dome LED (36mm festoon type) flshes when starting the car. When the engine is running (or is turned off) everything is fine, the LED fades in and out etc. But the moment I crank the car, it flashes. When the engine finally starts everything is back to normal.

I have just ordered a different LED, with a voltage regulator on board, to see it that solves the problem:

I will keep you posted.

Quick Reply: DIY Interior LED Light Package