Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2012 turbo cardan shaft

Old 09-24-2018, 12:36 PM
Raymond May
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 turbo cardan shaft

I have a pretty extensive knowledge of vehicles and mechanical things in general but a friend of mine called me late last night and his cardan shaft twisted in half right behind the transfer case. Just past the bell where it hooks to the tailshaft. Everything I can find only shows removing the one with the flex disc and not the style he has. Any advice on how the shaft comes lose from the tailshaft would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:05 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

It's held in by a clip that's on the output shaft of the transfer case. It gets pried off (according to AllDataDIY) - and the location of each part should be marked before disassembly to it's reassembled correctly. The clip (ring clip) is to be replaced whenever the driveshaft is removed before installing the new one. I'd strongly suggest that your friend purchase a subscription to AllDataDIY for his vehicle if he intends to do work on it himself. It's less than $20/year - and worth every penny. alldatadiy.com
Old 09-24-2018, 01:11 PM
Raymond May
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok that's what I thought but wanted to be 100% sure before I pulled it off. I'll be replacing the whole shaft because it's broke in half right behind the transfer case. Thank you so much

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 turbo cardan shaft