CPO Repair issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 12:07 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,988 Likes on 1,772 Posts
Default CPO Repair issue

Thanks to all that read and reply.

Some you may remember the thread I posted where it appeared that I had a transmission leak. I had one week left on my CPO so I made an appointment to take the car in and have everything looked at, including that transmission leak.

They service department said a transmission cooler plug was disconnected and possibly caused the leak. They said to keep an eye on it, which I did. Several weeks pass I and I crawl under the car to see that, once again, a very small amount of oil has started to collect at the exterior bottom of the transmission. The car went back in on Wednesday and yesterday I was informed that it's the engine vacuum pump. I am picking up my car today as it's drivable on a regular basis.

My Service Advisor is getting in touch with Porsche USA to see if they will cover any or all of the costs. I'm wondering what the members think the answer will be and what steps I can take to help my case.

The issue was there and addressed during a CPO. Appears that i was a misdiagnosis during that CPO period.

Thanks for replying

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 09-21-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:15 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
The issue was there and addressed during a CPO. Appears that i was a misdiagnosis during that CPO period.

Thanks for replying
I would stress this fact, and I suspect you'll be fine. Best of luck with it!
Old 09-21-2018, 01:39 PM
hotrod2448
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 85 Posts

Given the record of the previous problem (and possible miss diagnosis) and proximity to warranty end I would hope that it would be 100% covered
Old 09-21-2018, 03:48 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,988 Likes on 1,772 Posts

Just picked up the car. They have yet to fix but I didn't want to be without it for the weekend. They will have an answer next week and I will update.

Quick Reply: CPO Repair issue