Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Thinking about wheels, anyone have experience with these guys?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 12:25 AM
irobertson
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thinking about wheels, anyone have experience with these guys?

I've been thinking about a second set of wheels and tripped across these guys online.
Ads says OEM from Germany.
I'm curious if anyone has had dealing with these guys.
All the adds read the same. "Wheels are taken off a car that was at a car show." Hmmm....

http://oemwheelsdirect.webstoreplace...0#.W57gNC0ZN24
Old 09-17-2018, 01:07 AM
hammerdog
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

oemwheelsdirect sells a lot of wheels on EBAY. I don't any experience dealing with them, but they have good reviews on EBAY. Their reviews are listed in the following link.

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...edbackAsSeller
Old 09-17-2018, 11:12 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Those are not OEM wheels. They are aftermarket wheels and are probably not made in Germany. Maybe some of their wheels are made in Germany but I'm going out on a limb and am gonna state that most are made in China.

Don't listen to the reviews. Amazon just got in trouble for allowing merchants to pay to have negative reviews removed. I'm sure eBay could't be that much different.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:00 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

There are several clues in the ad:

"Brand: Unbranded"

"Similar wheels sell for $8500 at the Porsche Dealer"

And: "Please be advised that many brands and designs are from direct supplier and manufacturers for trade show purposes only and are not sold through the dealers nor owned by them as OEM thus why you are getting over a 70% savings on most brands. All hybrid wheels are owned by manufacturers so any warranty will be direct with them not the dealers they sell too. If you have any questions on the above or for fitment questions please call our tech and ask for the brand your looking for so we can connect you with the supplier. Most wheels we sell are made in Germany and come with a 1-year manufacturer warranty."

Enough disclaimers there to choke a duck.. they're likely Chinese and likely heavy and soft.

Just sayin.. look for the clues.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:09 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,630 Posts

There is also a 25% restock once the buyer finds out that they're not OEM's and wants to return them. They got the system locked down to pull that cash from your wallet under all circumstances.

Walk away.

No affiliation, but I wanted a set of 21's and couldn't find OEM's for the price I wanted to pay. Ended up with a set Of Vorestiner 103's. These are a flow forged wheel, incredibly lightweight and on my second set of tires, my installer said these things are as straight as an arrow. They are strong which I was worried about since speaking with HRE and why they don't have a FF wheel for the Cayenne. Their response is, "we can't make it strong enough for the heavy Cayenne"

Paid 4 Paid $2,300 for a set of 4 wheels and I love them

Quick Reply: Thinking about wheels, anyone have experience with these guys?