Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Input on the deal offered on a Cayenne?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 02:47 PM
John Clabby
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Input on the deal offered on a Cayenne?

I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a Cayenne turbo, but hoping I can get some input on the pricing from people more familiar with the market. I've never purchased a car from a dealer outside of a brand new one, and this being a CPO I have no idea what to negotiate off of asking. Info on the car is-

2011 Cayenne Turbo - w/ 2yr CPO warranty
- 60k miles
- Options don't seem too crazy - PDCC, PTV, ceramic brakes, ventilated front seats
- Seems like it's in good shape, the wheels were refinished during CPO due to curb rash. Service records at the dealer show a minor bumper paint touchup a few years ago, no big deal though. According to dealer, no notable scratches, dings, dents, etc.
- Asking $42k

Is this price decent considering the year and lower miles? I know the 2011's have a few problem areas which must devalue them some, though I likely won't keep it past the CPO expiration so I'm willing to risk it. How much can these dealers really negotiate off of the pricing? The dealer has been very helpful so far and I don't want to insult them with a lowball after sending me tons of info, but I of course don't want to overpay.

Seems like private party this is in the lower 30's, NADA for CPO shows about $38k. My guess is the trade-in they paid out was a little less than 30k, plus the few thousand to Porsche for the CPO. Is starting negotiations around $35k too much of a lowball from the get-go? Any ideas on where they can realistically land on an agreement on a vehicle priced at 42k?
Old 08-08-2018, 03:00 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by John Clabby
I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a Cayenne turbo, but hoping I can get some input on the pricing from people more familiar with the market. I've never purchased a car from a dealer outside of a brand new one, and this being a CPO I have no idea what to negotiate off of asking. Info on the car is-

2011 Cayenne Turbo - w/ 2yr CPO warranty
- 60k miles
- Options don't seem too crazy - PDCC, PTV, ceramic brakes, ventilated front seats
- Seems like it's in good shape, the wheels were refinished during CPO due to curb rash. Service records at the dealer show a minor bumper paint touchup a few years ago, no big deal though. According to dealer, no notable scratches, dings, dents, etc.
- Asking $42k

Is this price decent considering the year and lower miles? I know the 2011's have a few problem areas which must devalue them some, though I likely won't keep it past the CPO expiration so I'm willing to risk it. How much can these dealers really negotiate off of the pricing? The dealer has been very helpful so far and I don't want to insult them with a lowball after sending me tons of info, but I of course don't want to overpay.

Seems like private party this is in the lower 30's, NADA for CPO shows about $38k. My guess is the trade-in they paid out was a little less than 30k, plus the few thousand to Porsche for the CPO. Is starting negotiations around $35k too much of a lowball from the get-go? Any ideas on where they can realistically land on an agreement on a vehicle priced at 42k?
Based on your description of the 2011 CTT you're considering, $42k seems right in the ballpark as a retail asking price for CPO from a dealer, at least in my area.

When you say "Options don't seem too crazy" and then go on to mention PDCC, PTV, and ceramic brakes (PCCB), those are not your everyday garden variety options on a CTT. Sounds like a decent build to me.

Best of luck. Post some pics if you go through with it.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:01 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

I consider 10% a reasonable amount to bargain to.. in this case that would be around $38k. CPO is worth $2,000 easy on a Cayenne. PDCC, PTV, and the ceramic brakes are all expensive options - and not commonly found on a turbo. Does NADA add in anything for that? If not - I'd figure they're worth $2-3,000 on a used turbo. Does it have Burmeiser? That's worth $500 easy (new cost on the option was around $3,500) and maybe more. Since Cayennes are often "bespoke" vehicles - built to the customer's order - the range of options that actually appear on them is rather wide. Even where you're located will change the price - I assume NADA used your area code?

Can you get them down to $38k? Possibly - but at least offering that won't insult them. Some dealers do have a non-negotiable price policy - but even then - if the car has been on their lot long enough that they're considering sending it to auction to free up some money - you might be able to work a bit of a discount. DO insist that they update the navigation maps to the latest version. That is a mostly-profit item for them, so they should be agreeable to it.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:21 PM
onehot
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm assuming you are talking about the white CTT in Texas. Pretty nice build, all desireable options. This won't last long. I would act quick. Purchased mine similar without PCCB for around the same price. Best of luck!!
Old 08-08-2018, 06:40 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 474 Posts

If I were looking now, I'd try for lower but pay the $42,000 if I liked the truck. I doubt you'll see 10% off but would expect them to go to about $40,500 +/-.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:36 PM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Check the first in service date for the CPO warranty. My understanding is the CPO isn’t from when you get the car but an additional 2 years added to the original warranty.... or so that’s the way I thought it worked. Either way check the CPO time out date.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:44 PM
John Clabby
Advanced

Thank you all for the input! Torn between this and a local one for a good bit more but with my choice of interior color. Sucks to have to compromise!

Originally Posted by Kayaknfly
Check the first in service date for the CPO warranty. My understanding is the CPO isn’t from when you get the car but an additional 2 years added to the original warranty.... or so that’s the way I thought it worked. Either way check the CPO time out date.
My understanding is that if the original warranty is already expired, you get 2 years from the date of your purchase. If the original factory warranty is still valid the 2yrs doesn't begin until that expires at the 4yr mark, so effectively you'll get 6yr from the in-service date. Definitely confusing, and definitely something to confirm before buying anything.

Originally Posted by onehot
I'm assuming you are talking about the white CTT in Texas. Pretty nice build, all desireable options. This won't last long. I would act quick. Purchased mine similar without PCCB for around the same price. Best of luck!!
That's the one! Let's see what I can do.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:20 AM
TXCOMT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And, OP? What did you do?

TXCOMT
Old 08-29-2018, 12:28 PM
John Clabby
Advanced

Originally Posted by TXCOMT
And, OP? What did you do?

TXCOMT
I pulled the trigger! Absolutely loving it.

Old 08-29-2018, 04:14 PM
TXCOMT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John Clabby
I pulled the trigger! Absolutely loving it.
As you should...sweet ride! A belated congrats!

TXCOMT

Quick Reply: Input on the deal offered on a Cayenne?