Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Found a 2013 CTT with 40k miles. Should I look out for anything?

Old 07-30-2018, 05:36 PM
darkus
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found a 2013 CTT with 40k miles. Should I look out for anything?

Hey everyone.

Found a 2013 turbo with 21" wheels. Actually rode really well and was overall very impressed.

The car car was a little beat up with scuffs in the leather in various places so it will need a but of interior refreshing. A new armrest, steering wheel and seats.

Otherwise im a real cayenne newbie. Is there anything mechanical or otherwise I should be worried about with this car?

Is 40k considered a lot for the turbo?
thanks!!
Old 07-30-2018, 06:36 PM
onehot
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

2013 you want to look to check for any transfer case issues. 40k miles is still a virgin, has many more miles of fun leftover. Any reason why the car has so many blemishes with only 40K miles? Mine has 65k still looks newish.

Does it have PDCC, PTV, or BUR? Those three are the most sought after here on the forums.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:01 PM
darkus
Intermediate

No it has none of those unfortunatly. But its hard to find a relatively low mileage turbo so atleast in my area beggars cant be choosers. This one is one of the lowest mileage ones out there and they want 65k or what looks to a low option turbo that looks a bit beat up on the inside.

To me it looks like it was used as a family car and the kids rammed things into the leather here and there

Thanks for info on the transfer case issue, looking into that now. This car is not porsche certified, so I want to make sure I get my ducks in order, otherwise pass and just wait for another to pop up

Thanks again. If anyone else knows of other issues to keep an eye out for let me know!
Old 07-30-2018, 08:21 PM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 158 Posts

This may be superficial, but I have always taken the position that if somebody didn't take care of the cosmetics of the car, maybe they just did not take care of the car. I sold my 2002 LS430 with 106,000 miles, and it still looked like a new car inside and out. I'm also a stickler for maintenance, etc. I am trying to do the same with my 2015 CD. May not keep it as long, but I want it to drive and look as new as possible.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:00 PM
darkus
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mafpolo
This may be superficial, but I have always taken the position that if somebody didn't take care of the cosmetics of the car, maybe they just did not take care of the car. I sold my 2002 LS430 with 106,000 miles, and it still looked like a new car inside and out. I'm also a stickler for maintenance, etc. I am trying to do the same with my 2015 CD. May not keep it as long, but I want it to drive and look as new as possible.
I absolutly agree, just given the condition of the inside I'm assuming a soccer mom drove this thing and didn't take care of it mechanically at all. So looking to see what the worst case scenarios with this car are. So far research into the transfer case issue is interesting, but not insurmountable. Im perfectly happy sinking about 10k into sprucing this thing up to feel like a new car again, It already needs a few new bits of leather on the inside, and I'm mentally accounting for a bad transfer case.. anything else out there to look for?
Old 07-30-2018, 10:59 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...his-first.html

When you're done digesting that - come back with any unanswered questions.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:45 AM
jlusby
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If it was me and I had another $10k to put into it, I would really look for a nicer one that doesn’t need much or else find a CPO with higher mileage. I picked up a 2014 CTTS about a year ago with 29k miles that was CPO’ed. Has been a great vehicle and the CPO is the best warranty IMO.

Good luck!
Old 07-31-2018, 01:57 AM
darkus
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jlusby
If it was me and I had another $10k to put into it, I would really look for a nicer one that doesn’t need much or else find a CPO with higher mileage. I picked up a 2014 CTTS about a year ago with 29k miles that was CPO’ed. Has been a great vehicle and the CPO is the best warranty IMO.

Good luck!
Do you mind if I ask how much you paid? The one I described which is non-CPO is going for 65k
Old 07-31-2018, 02:23 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,630 Posts

I'll sell ya my 2011 for say $20k less. 53k miles and all the goodies you would want.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:15 AM
g8tor20
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

For what it's worth, here is my opinion:

I paid a little less than that for my 2013 CTT a year ago with 24K miles....and mine stickered for over $190k so it had just about every option on it.

So $65k doesn't sound like a good deal especially if it looks a little beat up inside. Perhaps expand your search to include a bigger radius and see if anything catches your eye. I live in South Florida and found mine in Seattle so don't let distance scare you. Bought it sight unseen after a PPI at a Porsche mechanic. Was about $1k to ship cross country.

Or talk to RAudi. There's not much difference between 2011 and 2013 so I would have no issues buying a 2011 (especially one cared for by an enthusiast)...and his has more of the engineering goodies.

Good luck!
Old 07-31-2018, 10:41 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,630 Posts

G8tor, your purchase doesn't count. Unicorns are just that. Unicorns!

But he's right. You're looking at a crappy car that is selling for way way too much.

There are so many out there, albeit not like G8tor's, but you can find clean for cheaper. You own't find one with that many options though.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:49 PM
darkus
Intermediate

Originally Posted by g8tor20
For what it's worth, here is my opinion:

I paid a little less than that for my 2013 CTT a year ago with 24K miles....and mine stickered for over $190k so it had just about every option on it.

So $65k doesn't sound like a good deal especially if it looks a little beat up inside. Perhaps expand your search to include a bigger radius and see if anything catches your eye. I live in South Florida and found mine in Seattle so don't let distance scare you. Bought it sight unseen after a PPI at a Porsche mechanic. Was about $1k to ship cross country.

Or talk to RAudi. There's not much difference between 2011 and 2013 so I would have no issues buying a 2011 (especially one cared for by an enthusiast)...and his has more of the engineering goodies.

Good luck!
Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
G8tor, your purchase doesn't count. Unicorns are just that. Unicorns!

But he's right. You're looking at a crappy car that is selling for way way too much.

There are so many out there, albeit not like G8tor's, but you can find clean for cheaper. You own't find one with that many options though.
Thanks for the thoughts guys, I have to say that is incredibly helpful. I can see now that this thing is way overpriced... Sounds like you got a great car at 24k, to me thats basicly new.

As for Raudi Driver, I have to say its tempting and thanks for the offer, but to 50k is over what Id want to do. I like to keep my cars minimum of 8 years and want to start the odo clock as low as possible. 40k was already a bit too much for me, and 50+k is basicly another year shaved off in my book. But I really appreciate the opinions. To say its been helpful is a major understatement...
Old 07-31-2018, 11:00 PM
Mach01R
Advanced

Rudi offer will be my first choice I didnt buy his car bc wife want a black interior, btw look what I found
http://nationalpreownedporsche.com/i...+White+1869485
Old 07-31-2018, 11:17 PM
darkus
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mach01R
Rudi offer will be my first choice I didnt buy his car bc wife want a black interior, btw look what I found
http://nationalpreownedporsche.com/i...+White+1869485
Wow, thats right next to where I grew up. Thanks for the memories

White is the one no-no color for me but I appreciate it. Actually, taking g8tor20's advice, I did a national search and found 2 black ones in florida for around 60k with much less miles (between 20-30k).

So no question about it, the beat up one I was looking at is way over-priced. The only thing that was great about it was that it had the CF interior bits. But I'm sure I can retrofit all that.

Now I'm doing research in how to buy a car from across the country. Its scary buying this thing without seeing it, worse yet, dealing with transfer of money. Got a lot of reading to do tonight... Weighing the options of waiting it out another year to see if a reasonable one comes on the market around me, or take the plunge and buying a car across the country without seeing it. I've heard of alot of people doing it, but I think i'm conservative in that way in that my gut keeps saying 'no way dont do that!' ...
Old 07-31-2018, 11:54 PM
Mach01R
Advanced

My advice will be not paying until your drive and see it , call before and ask questions, carfax and more pic, Just get it CPO and when you find one just get a plane and do small trip, negotiate the price usually you can get at least $1k off, that will cover your trip

Last edited by Mach01R; 08-02-2018 at 02:07 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Found a 2013 CTT with 40k miles. Should I look out for anything?