Sponsored By:

Dash Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 11:28 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom M
Don't forget to use a 20% off coupon and also get one of the "free with any purchase" gifts for an even better deal.

http://www.hfqpdb.com/browse
Old 08-11-2018, 12:30 PM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 160 Posts

Took my 15 CD in this week because of dash rattle at idle. Dealer called me that afternoon, and said I was ready to go. AC evap line was vibrating against the firewall. The tech wrapped in in appropriate tape and moved it. Now it is nice and quiet at idle...for now. The vibrating noise; although irritating, had better sound quality than the Bose sound system.
Old 09-16-2018, 05:30 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

I just wanted to update this thread. I took my 958tt in for my dash rattle, as well as the A/C evaporator leaking in the passenger side floorboard. The drain was clogged which was fixed. After that, the dash rattle went away. I can't explain why, but the dealership said there was water sloshing around and maybe the weight of the water was enough to move the evaporator and it was hitting something?? Oh well all fixed.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:47 PM
PCBCayenne
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the Z wrench in the fuse box. If it's loose, it may be the source of your rattle.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:44 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 109 Posts

Check the cubby under the front of the seats. A pair of sunglasses loose in mine caused me no end of "what is that DAMNED CLUNK SOUND" frustration. Putting them into a soft fabric bag, along with a piece or two of the soft glasses-cleaning cloths, immediately put an end to the mystery.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:51 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

I've got a dash buzz, too. It's getting worse. I've had it in and they've felted everything in sight. I've also had the dash trim and vents out and even with all that felt, with no trim or vents, it's still there. I'm convinced it's the airbag assembly; something loose or rubbing against it, but I'm going to take a look at the engine side of the firewall in the morning.

Mine happens at any speed, at 1600-2000 RPM with a load on the engine (i.e. not coasting). But only about 85ish percent of the time. They've heard it, but now say that PCNA won't reimburse for further diagnosis. I have an appointment next week to force the issue, so we'll see what happens. If I don't find anything against the firewall in the morning!
Old 10-12-2020, 02:06 PM
sai reddy
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI, May I know how did you solve your issue of rattling noise, because I'm experiencing same issue like yours. Could please share the information for solution.

Thanks
Old 10-12-2020, 03:00 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Yes, it turns out it was the air recirculation valve mechanism in the passenger footwell. It was vibrating on something that resonated up through the dash. Once insulated with felt (I think that's what they used), it's been blissfully quiet ever since.

This was the 4th "fix", all of which quieted things for a week or two before it came back (probably quieted by the reassembly process, then worked loose again). This one has been holding for months, now, over rough roads and lots of temperature variations.

Quick Reply: Dash Rattle