Sponsored By:

Wow, nice CPO package from Porsche USA!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 08:58 PM
RED HORSE
Race Car

Received 128 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
How long did it take from purchase to package?

I bought my CPO CD in December and haven't received anything like that.
Had a General Manager at the local dealership tell me several years ago all those goodies are paid for by the dealership and they determine what you get. In Salt Lake I received much better post purchase goodies than I do here in Louisiana.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:40 PM
porschedad_73
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Humblegarza01
I look forward to getting mine- just became new Porsche owner with ‘17 CS on a nice CPO deal in Michigan. Now I just need to get it transported to home in Texas!
Congrats. I too purchased my CPO from out of state. I know this is somewhat off topic but figured I share an important lessons learned when purchasing out of state cars that you can't check out in person. Make sure you ask for close up pictures (or videos) of all the tires. The car itself could be pristine but sometimes dealers do try to save costs on whereever they can and tires is one of them. After I had my CPO trucked over from FL, everything was perfect...except for one tire with a bubble on it. If I was inspecting it in person, I would've been able to flag it and either demand that they replace all 4 tires or give me a nice discount.

Now I'm stuck with a bubble and obviously this is not something CPO covers. Our tires aren't exactly cheap either. I was able to get the dealer to reimburse me for 1 tire though but I'm not going to just replace 1 tire. Will have to suck it up and buy 4 brand new tires now.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:22 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by porschedad_73
After I had my CPO trucked over from FL, everything was perfect...except for one tire with a bubble on it. If I was inspecting it in person, I would've been able to flag it and either demand that they replace all 4 tires or give me a nice discount.

Now I'm stuck with a bubble and obviously this is not something CPO covers. Our tires aren't exactly cheap either. I was able to get the dealer to reimburse me for 1 tire though but I'm not going to just replace 1 tire. Will have to suck it up and buy 4 brand new tires now.
Hmm, very interesting. A tire with a clearly visible protruding 'bubble' would not pass a dealer CPO inspection. It would be viewed the same as a plugged tire.....no go. It would be replaced.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:00 PM
porschedad_73
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGuyNVA
Hmm, very interesting. A tire with a clearly visible protruding 'bubble' would not pass a dealer CPO inspection. It would be viewed the same as a plugged tire.....no go. It would be replaced.
Well, I requested a copy of the CPO checklist before I purchased the car and below is the specific section that talks about the tires/brakes inspection results. Nowhere does it say to inspect for bubbles. I agree if the dealer did their due diligence, they should've definite flagged it as a fail. The bubble in this case wasn't that big. I of course went around the vehicle with a fine tooth comb at delivery because it's my baby. For somebody (and most likely not a master tech on these body parts) that only gets paid minimum wage, I doubt they would spend the time to look for this kind of hard to find defects.

Old 08-20-2018, 03:54 PM
TXCOMT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, OP, the wife and I got that exact package in the mail after a few months of getting her '14 S last December...I think it got here around February or so. We've also been getting our quarterly issues of Christophorus. Now that's a great rag...where else would you learn the national speed limit of Ecuador is 62 mph? Seriously, though, I do like the magazine.

TXCOMT
Old 08-21-2018, 03:56 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by TXCOMT
We've also been getting our quarterly issues of Christophorus.
Yes, just got my first issue....saving it for our upcoming beach trip for a little reading and relaxing on the sand!
Old 08-26-2018, 12:44 AM
boxsternewbie
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

lol, all I got with my CPO was stuck with a $4,000 tax bill that was suppose to be rolled in with the loan. Wish we had more than one dealer in this town, next closest dealer is over 100 miles away
Old 08-26-2018, 11:49 AM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 158 Posts

I keep meaning to photograph mine, because somebody asked for pics. The pen is really nice. I bent down to pick my back pack up in the garage last week, and the pen fell out of my pocket. It broke....the silver tip broke off of the barrel. I took it to a local jewelry store where I have bought a few pens and watches. Twenty bucks later it was fixed. I thought that was a little stout to epoxy two pieces together, but well worth i to me.
p.s. The refills are unique, and the only place you can get them is the company who makes them.....not even on Amazon. However they are inexpensive.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:44 AM
TXCOMT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mafpolo
p.s. The refills are unique, and the only place you can get them is the company who makes them.....not even on Amazon. However they are inexpensive.
Not surprised about the uniqueness but thrilled to know they're cheap!

TXCOMT

Quick Reply: Wow, nice CPO package from Porsche USA!