Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2015-16 Cayenne Diesel Purchase: clarification of 4/6/8/10 yr warranty coverage

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 02:39 PM
Nackem
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree and is why I kept questioning because the stories weren't lining up.

Originally when I first learned of this "discrepancy" I was pretty frustrated and expressed some of that with the salesman because I felt it was somewhat deceitful and I was ready to throw in the towel, end my search for a CD and find a completely different vehicle. Drastic and emotional response for sure but this was at a time where I had been searching for 2+ months and ran into a few encounters with, what I feel was, some other deceitful listings. Example: a dealer had a vehicle listed that I was VERY interested in and so I inquired. I noticed the pictures of the odometer were roughly 9-10K miles different from the stated mileage. I questioned this and was told the pictures were not current (obviously) and were from BEFORE the stop sale was issued. That is absolutely ridiculous to me, especially from a Porsche dealer.

However, the most recent dealer I have been working with on a CD reached back out without my provocation and vowed to honor the true CPO. So the offer now stood to be a $45K (dealer fee included) 2015 CD with ~29K miles, tow package addition included and 5 more years of bumper to bumper warranty ending in 2023. I couldn't say no to that opportunity.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:27 PM
Trueblue
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Just returned from my follow up delivery service at dealer for my “new” 2016 CD. I took delivery late May. The car was not previously punched. I have full new car warranty (bumper to bumper) until May 2024.
Here are a few points I learned:
CDs that had not been put in service (not punched), of which there were only 550, have to have the extended warranty input manually into the Porsche service system by PAG following delivery.

Warranties on CPO cars were input into the Porsche Service record system automatically based on the original date they were put in service. A buyer of one of these cars should be able to obtain a printed summary of the warranty including extentsions, applicable to the specific vehicle.

Some dealers are are advertising CDs that have been used as loaners or demonstrators as “New.” Factory Warranties on these cars including extensions will commence from the date they were First put in service not from the later date of sale/lease to the retail customer.

The materials I received from the service department read that “ALL AFECTED VEHICLES WILL RECEIVE AN ADDITIONAL TWO YEAR/Unlimited MILE WARRANTY EXTENSION WHICH MIRRORS THE PORSCHE NEW VEHICLE WARRANTY.” (1) To me this implies that all CDs that get the extended warranty get the new Car warranty not the more limited CPO warranty. Others on this thread have suggested there is a difference. Buyers of used CDs should clarify.
(1) https: ppm.porsche.com/portal/docs/DOC-181281

PS: for anyone on the fence about buying a CD, after 3000 miles in a month, I am more than pleased. This is a truly great touring vehicle. I’ve been driving Mercedes GL450s for the past ten years. While the CD has less passenger and storage capacity, overall performance is superior. I bought the CD because of towing capability. I am overly surprised at fuel savings. I’m getting 33mpg at average speeds around 75. That’s half the fuel cost of the Mercedes (18mpg) and $.30 difference /gal of diesel vs premium.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:34 PM
Mawgie
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In the last three days I called on three differentCayenne Diesels that were at Porsche dealerships and clearly advertised as "CPO vehicles, and specifically listed as CPO. All three were either 2015 or 2016 models. Each dealer told me the cars were "Certified" with a "6year/ 100,000" mile warranty. That is wrong, with a side of wrong. When I asked if the dealer would CPO on top of the 6 year/ UNLIMITED Miles warranty, confusion and even slight annoyance reigned supreme. Sigh.

Ohh well, as long as PCNA has the correct warranty on the car when yo buy it and you get the correct terms in writing, then I see no real trouble looming.
Old 06-28-2018, 03:45 PM
Mrboom
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought a 13 CD today and the dealer confirmed that it is already half way through the 1st of 2 "CPO" warranties, so i have 3 years of CPO left, plus the Dieselgate warranty.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:10 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Since this topic seems to be of interest to all diesel owners - I'm going to make it a sticky, at least for a while. Whoeee!
The following 2 users liked this post by deilenberger:
jung996fraulein (08-27-2022), lml999 (03-28-2022)
Old 07-14-2018, 08:18 PM
PDR447
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope I don't add to the confusion but I just got the dealer printout for mine today and it's a 10yr *new car* warranty from date of first service for my 2015 CPO (ex dealer loaner). I didn't believe them so I made them print it out.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:48 PM
Mawgie
Instructor

PDR447,

I believe the corrosion warranty is ten years. Can you add some details from your warranty print out?
Old 07-14-2018, 09:31 PM
PDR447
Intermediate

I'll scan the appropriate part of the printout later.

For background, the conversation started because I wanted to.confirm if it was 2021(4+2CPO and/or dieselgate) or 2023(4+2+2 CPO plus dieselgate). Advisor told me 2025(10yrs) and I asked to be sure that wasn't just the power train. That's when they printed out the internal Porsche dialogue with 10yr new car warranty. InterstinIgly enough it doesn't have the 10yr emissions but bumper to bumper covers emissions so I'm happy.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:05 PM
schwarz633
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2014 Cayenne Diesel Warranty

I'm considering purchasing a used 2014 Cayenne Diesel from a Volvo dealer that took it in on trade on an new XC90. It's a one owner with 61,000 miles and has the options I'm looking for. I assume the original owner got the "fix" and compensation $$ and then dumped it. The warranty was punched 3/27/2014 and it apparently hit 50,000 on 6/12/2017, as Porsche is telling me the extended diesel warranty expires 6/12/2019 (see below). I have a Carfax that shows service at a Porsche dealer 6/14/2017, 50,416 miles. The following document is confusing to me to say the least and I just want to make sure that I understand it correctly. I'm also starting to get cold feet as I read the threads about post-fix drivability issues and interior quality issues. It already has chrome peeling from the drivers door switches and the second hand on the clock is gone. Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 07-22-2018, 06:03 PM
s996
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

I have a 14 cd that I purchased from the dealer as a cpo vehicle with an in service date of 1/2014. The basic warranty of the car is 4 years 50 k. The cpo extends this to 6/100.
I had the diesel fix performed and the specific items that are related to emission function of the car have the extended warranty, not the entire car. The list of these items is in the diesel fix contract.

I would ask the dealer if a Porsche extended warranty or an official warranty could be purchased or is included in the sale.

The cd is a great car and mine has been flawless but it has a few expensive service/parts that may make ownership an anxious experience without coverage.

Old 07-22-2018, 07:26 PM
PDR447
Intermediate

I have a similar warranty printout for my car and my service advisor says that they actually have a 10yr new car warranty(see circled part below). I didn't believe them but they assured me it was actually 10yrs of new car bumper to bumper.
Old 07-22-2018, 07:30 PM
PDR447
Intermediate

I haven't gotten around to scanning mine but this was posted here by another member and mine looks the same. Service advisor told me it's 10yr new car coverage. Sure looks like it on the internal Porsche screen.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:18 PM
schwarz633
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Here's my email to the Porsche dealer service manager:

I'm still looking at cars, could you please provide me with the warranty information on WP1AF2A27ELA43009.

I have the 8 page document that describes the Extended Emissions Warranty Coverage, but a brief explanation of how the extended new vehicle warranty works would be appreciated. I haven't located an official document on that. This car has 62,000 miles and I believe the warranty was punched March 27, 2014.

Would replacement of the clock (second hand missing) be covered? How about peeling chrome on the drivers door window/mirror switch assembly?

His reply which accompanied the warranty screen capture that I posted:

The diesel extension is 2yrs unlimited miles after the normal 4/50 warranty is up. So this vehicle is covered until 6/12/2019 for normal warranty/unlimited miles. The emission warranty was extended as well. You can see that under “emissions warranty” and “New vehicle warranty”

The clock would be covered but the cosmetic issue would not be.

I hope I answered all your questions.

This subject is apparently being interpreted differently by different dealers, and I've yet to see any official PCNA document that describes the coverage.

This thread seems to spell it out for 2015-2016, but I don't know if 2014 is something different.

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...-coverage.html
Old 07-23-2018, 12:51 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

This is getting merged with the existing diesel warranty discussion that it a sticky..
Old 07-24-2018, 09:07 PM
Mawgie
Instructor

I don't think there is much precedent for an OEM, no cost ten year, no deductible bumper to bumper warranty on the CDs. I suggest calling PCNA, which is what I did when I bought my 2015 CD. My dealership was a little foggy on the warranty, and PCNA quickly clarified things for me: 2015 and 2016 model year CDs have 6yr/unlimited miles warranty. Prior to that, 6 years, 100k miles.

Quick Reply: 2015-16 Cayenne Diesel Purchase: clarification of 4/6/8/10 yr warranty coverage