2011 Porsche Turbo Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 06:09 AM
Ricklantis
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Porsche Turbo Question

Hi all,
I'm looking to join the Porsche family and came across this certified Cayenne.

https://www.porscheofarlington.com/d...hicleNumValXS=

I've read the 'read this first' thread but was just hoping to get some of your thoughts on this specific vehicle. Do you all think the two year warranty is enough? Is the pricing decent? Should the mileage scare me off? I'd really appreciate the thoughts and abovea of the board!

​​​​​​
Old 06-21-2018, 10:11 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

I see nothing on that car that would scare me off.. the CPO warranty alone makes it worthwhile. It's the almost identical twin to mine, separated at birth.. (I don't have the carbon brakes, I do have the Burmeiser, it has the basic comfort seats, I have the 18 way sport seats - in this case - the basic seats are likely more comfortable..) Paint and colors look identical to mine. I do have roof-rails and a factory trailer hitch setup... but this looks like a damn fine Cayenne. Do make sure AH-08 was done on it before you pick it up and you should be good to go.. Price actually looks about $5k cheap to me. Mileage? Well - you know it will take a dive at 100,000 miles just because, but the price has already reflected the sort of dive it would take, so I think it's a very fair price (and less than I'd sell mine for.)
Old 06-21-2018, 10:32 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Looks good to me!
Old 06-22-2018, 12:50 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

Rick - you probably want to move rather quickly on that turbo. You've given it some publicity here and it might get snatched out from under you.. (BTDT many years ago - learned that lesson..)
Old 06-22-2018, 03:07 AM
AGARubberDuck
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

The only option that would give me pause on that example is the PCCB brakes. Many will see it as a plus because it is indeed an upgrade, but I see it as a major expense. Either way, I'm very happy to see a 11 turbos listing for more than $40k still, with even more miles than my own. The depreciation curve seems to have plateaued for the last year.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:03 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricklantis
Hi all,
I'm looking to join the Porsche family and came across this certified Cayenne.

https://www.porscheofarlington.com/d...hicleNumValXS=

I've read the 'read this first' thread but was just hoping to get some of your thoughts on this specific vehicle. Do you all think the two year warranty is enough? Is the pricing decent? Should the mileage scare me off? I'd really appreciate the thoughts and abovea of the board!

​​​​​​
Ricklantis - I've seen this vehicle in person when I was at that dealer looking at a Macan. I saw it just after it came in and wasn't yet cleaned up and prepped. Looks to be in decent shape. I saw nothing that would turn me off. It has been there a while now.

There's also the 2011 CTT I just traded to Porsche Tysons. I KNOW that one very well! Tysons has not CPO'ed though (they might if you wanted it, but they were trying to keep the sales price down). Mine has everything the one at Arlington does minus the PCCBs, but then mine also has some stuff the Arlington CTT doesn't.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:14 PM
13CayenneTurbo
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to clarify, Porsche can only CPO a vehicle that is less than 8 model years old and under 100,000 miles. And any CPO warranty coverage extends up to 100,000 miles. So when an advertisement says "unlimited mileage warranty" that's not exactly true.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:17 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by 13CayenneTurbo
Just to clarify, Porsche can only CPO a vehicle that is less than 8 model years old and under 100,000 miles. And any CPO warranty coverage extends up to 100,000 miles. So when an advertisement says "unlimited mileage warranty" that's not exactly true.
Partially correct.

A 2011 Cayenne under 100k miles still qualifies. However the older the vehicle, the more the CPO can cost the dealer to bring it into compliance (not always, but in general).

As for the unlimited mileage of the CPO, it is now true. Earlier this year Porsche NA changed the terms on the CPO. Mileage is now unlimited during the two years, versus a 100k miles cap.

Last edited by CarGuyNVA; 06-22-2018 at 12:20 PM. Reason: additional info

Quick Reply: 2011 Porsche Turbo Question