Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Hope you’ll still welcome me to hang out here.....

Old 06-16-2018, 08:22 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Hope you’ll still welcome me to hang out here.....

After several years of CTT ownership (957 & 958) gens, I traded my ‘11 CTT yesterday for a low miles well optioned CPO Macan GTS.

I just turned 70k miles on my CTT just before I traded it. It wasn’t without it’s problems during the time I owned it, but it was a very enjoyable ‘do it all’ enthusiast vehicle. My warranty though my Porsche dealer covered everything that came up, thank goodness (new transfer case, instrument cluster, left bank turbo assembly, power steering leak, and a few other things).

I had a 2017 Macan GTS as a service loaner last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. Very different driving dynamic than my CTT. Each have their pros like everything. So I wanted to try something different for a change, and now I’m off in a slightly different direction.

I’d love to continue to hang out and participate here too, as I’ve done for a quite a while now. I’ll always have a love for the CTTs. Having owned many performance/enthusiast vehicles over the past 40 years or so, this is just another chapter in my ongoing automotive pursuits....experiencing something different and exciting.

Best regards my 958 friends, this is a great group here. (I guess I also need to update my info displayed below soon)

Joe
Old 06-16-2018, 08:37 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Hey Joe, wouldn't be the same without you. Hope you continue to hang out here.. we're a friendly group. Wonder how the Macan group is..
Old 06-16-2018, 09:16 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Originally Posted by deilenberger
Hey Joe, wouldn't be the same without you. Hope you continue to hang out here.. we're a friendly group. Wonder how the Macan group is..
Hey, thanks Don, much appreciated. Yes, I plan to continue to ‘hang out’ here as well. The Macan group, yeah, we’ll see what that forum’s like. I’ve participated just a bit there in the past since I’d had Macan S and GTS loaners. As with many forums with a relatively newer model, a lot of “what options did you order” and that sort of thing going on right now.

Got a good deal on a low miles (13k) well optioned CPO GTS coming off a 2 year Porsche lease. The thing’s like new. Doesn’t look like it’s even been driven in bad weather judging by the gleaming underside, underhood, etc. Anyway, looking forward to the new adventure and ownership experience. I know this is a 958 forum, but here’s a couple pics of the new ride.....

Old 06-17-2018, 12:29 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,624 Posts

Wow, well congrats on the new ride. Let us know the similarities and differences between the two after you have some seat time in it. As much as I love my cayenne, I dread the day it has that super expensive repair.
Old 06-17-2018, 01:20 AM
PDubya958
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGuyNVA

Hey, thanks Don, much appreciated. Yes, I plan to continue to ‘hang out’ here as well. The Macan group, yeah, we’ll see what that forum’s like. I’ve participated just a bit there in the past since I’d had Macan S and GTS loaners. As with many forums with a relatively newer model, a lot of “what options did you order” and that sort of thing going on right now.

Got a good deal on a low miles (13k) well optioned CPO GTS coming off a 2 year Porsche lease. The thing’s like new. Doesn’t look like it’s even been driven in bad weather judging by the gleaming underside, underhood, etc. Anyway, looking forward to the new adventure and ownership experience. I know this is a 958 forum, but here’s a couple pics of the new ride.....

Congrats!!! Love two tone interior with the red leather. I had a Macan for just over a week when my CD was in for the ermissions fix and TC. And drove a Macan turbo at Porsche Experience Atlanta. Loved driving it but at 6ft 2in, I hated craning my head down to get in and out.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:50 AM
mikeearly
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Nice car ... really like the interior .... I really like the Macan's that I have driven but they just don't have enough "hauling space" for me ... too many time my Cayenne is completely loaded and no way that same stuff would fit in the Macan....... but I did love the way they handled -- much closer to my Carrera ....

I predict you are going to love it....
Old 06-17-2018, 08:26 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Originally Posted by mikeearly
Nice car ... really like the interior .... I really like the Macan's that I have driven but they just don't have enough "hauling space" for me ... too many time my Cayenne is completely loaded and no way that same stuff would fit in the Macan....... but I did love the way they handled -- much closer to my Carrera ....

I predict you are going to love it....
Thanks! I too went back and forth for a while on the space/cargo thing, but my wife reminded me kids are gone, and we still have a fairly new Toyota Sienna XLE in our family fleet....done! Hah. That Sienna can swallow anything you throw at it when we really need that much space and it’s a comfy long distance hauler. When I had the Macan S service loaner last year, my wife and I took it on a vacation to the beach for a few days and it accommodated us and our stuff fine. For the larger week-long beach vacations, Sienna gets the duty. I think the Macan gives a good balance of utility and more car-like driving dynamics.

So far I do love the driving dynamics of this GTS, you can feel the weight reduction vs the Cayenne and it does drive more sports car-like. The PSE sounds wonderful.....and then there’s the PDK, that thing is fabulous! The combination of the PSE and PDK make for an entertaining soundtrack.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:33 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Wow, well congrats on the new ride. Let us know the similarities and differences between the two after you have some seat time in it. As much as I love my cayenne, I dread the day it has that super expensive repair.
Thanks RAudi. I’ll certainly share my thoughts as I experience more with the new ride. I hear ya re: the potentially dreaded repairs as our CTTs age and the warranties start running short. That certainly factored into my decision as well. But a lot of it was the wonderful time I had last year with a Macan GTS loaner, and just being ready for something a bit different after two CTTs.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:34 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Originally Posted by PDubya958
Congrats!!! Love two tone interior with the red leather. I had a Macan for just over a week when my CD was in for the ermissions fix and TC. And drove a Macan turbo at Porsche Experience Atlanta. Loved driving it but at 6ft 2in, I hated craning my head down to get in and out.
Thanks!
Old 06-17-2018, 10:33 AM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for your contributions on this forum, Joe. I love the Macan and your color combo is dead-on! Congrats!

The PDK is amazing - wish that they could find a way to put it in the CTT. I really enjoy it in my 991.

All the best.
Old 06-17-2018, 04:01 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Originally Posted by Texas993
Thanks for your contributions on this forum, Joe. I love the Macan and your color combo is dead-on! Congrats!

The PDK is amazing - wish that they could find a way to put it in the CTT. I really enjoy it in my 991.

All the best.
Thanks Patrick!

You’re right, PDK is incredible. I’ll keep hanging out here in addition to the Macan forum.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:42 PM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 281 Posts

Trying to talk my wife into a Macan GTS but she loves her Infiniti QX80 and can’t imagine driving anything smaller. I’m going to follow your journey and see what you think after racking up some miles. Looks great!
Old 06-18-2018, 01:58 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 104 Posts

+1 on the fun aspects of the Macan. It was just a bit smaller than I needed so I got the Cayenne. Still, the Macan S is a lot of fun to drive if you don't need the space or haul 4 adult-sized people around on a regular basis.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:21 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Originally Posted by wkearney99
+1 on the fun aspects of the Macan. It was just a bit smaller than I needed so I got the Cayenne. Still, the Macan S is a lot of fun to drive if you don't need the space or haul 4 adult-sized people around on a regular basis.
Hi Bill. Yeah, having had the two Macan loaners (S and GTS) for extended periods last year really impressed me with the driving dynamics and overall enjoyment of them. That combined with the fact I really don't need the space of the Cayenne anymore (empty nester and a fairly new Toyota Sienna in the fleet), and my CTT turned 70k miles and was going to run out of warranty in a while, helped with my decision. Also I've had two CTTs in a row, so time to try something different. I still wanted some utility though, so no 911 or Cayman yet. It's a very entertaining drive and sounds wonderful, more impressions to come over time.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:57 PM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 158 Posts

Congrats on the new ride. I hope you do hang around. You've always added a lot to the group. We would miss you if you were gone.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hope you’ll still welcome me to hang out here.....