Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

CEL --> Vacuum leak? (2012 Cayenne)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 01:25 AM
contax
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question CEL --> Vacuum leak? (2012 Cayenne)

I've been driving a 2012 Cayenne(CPO, about 50k now) for several months now, things were okay until recently, but in April I had this typical cracking sound between 2-4th transmission gear and had my transfer box replaced.

Last week check engine light was on, but the car felt as usual, so I drove it for few more days, and I had a chance to drive near a Porche dealer in my area. I was expecting some minor issues like fuel cap or something(my wife fueled my car just before the check engine light), but the manager said it was a vacuum leak problem, so they'll have to open up the engine, probably have to change the gasket and/or some valves. He said it will take at least 3-4 days, so I'm on a loaner car now.

Anybody had similar issues like this? I've tried to search the forum, but not much success with something related to vacuum or leak.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:01 AM
99_911
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I just replaced my purge valve on my 12 cayenne s. I do have a scanner and code was showing major vacuum leak. Replaced the valve and its been fine since then.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:39 AM
contax
4th Gear

Thank you for the info. I just hope this is not a start of some multiple breakdowns. The repair took much longer than expected, and I could get my car back after 10 days.
The final invoice states, "Cause: oil separator failed" and they seem to have replaced the valve and some of related gasket and o-rings.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:48 AM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by contax
Thank you for the info. I just hope this is not a start of some multiple breakdowns. The repair took much longer than expected, and I could get my car back after 10 days.
The final invoice states, "Cause: oil separator failed" and they seem to have replaced the valve and some of related gasket and o-rings.
They must have been waiting on parts or they were too busy to get to it. The oil separator is a 15 minute repair once it is actually diagnosed as the failure.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:42 PM
contax
4th Gear

The manager told me they had to order some parts. He also mentioned valve replacement but it is not written in the final worksheet.
The loaner car was a panamera this time, so it wasn't that bad to wait.

Quick Reply: CEL --> Vacuum leak? (2012 Cayenne)