Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

958.2 Turbo PSE

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 11:04 PM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Here she is at the Scarsdale car show back in the day.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:51 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

Just got back from the Porsche dealership and wanted to throw out an update.

I had them install the PSE, and I also needed a new transfer case. The transfer case is working great now. As far as the PSE, I was a little disappointed. For the money, I expected a larger difference. Although there is a noticeable difference at start up and at slower speeds with new PSE, with and without it being activated, my disappointment comes from full acceleration, windows up. There is not a huge difference. I was hoping to mirror the AMG SUV I owned previous to this. Of course this means there is no drone at highway speeds which is great. Bottom line...anyone who wants a 20%-30% deeper growl, and still wants the Cayenne to be quiet enough not be a nuisance, this is the ticket. I think my next step is to buy the "resonated" secondary cat bypass.

Before anyone says I should bought an aftermarket "set up", my logic was simple, I wanted the luxury of having the PSE button that I could turn off and on, as well as having it connected to the Sport and Sport Plus button which automatically activates it when used in those modes.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:13 PM
aof
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clubrcr
Just got back from the Porsche dealership and wanted to throw out an update.

I had them install the PSE, and I also needed a new transfer case. The transfer case is working great now. As far as the PSE, I was a little disappointed. For the money, I expected a larger difference. Although there is a noticeable difference at start up and at slower speeds with new PSE, with and without it being activated, my disappointment comes from full acceleration, windows up. There is not a huge difference. I was hoping to mirror the AMG SUV I owned previous to this. Of course this means there is no drone at highway speeds which is great. Bottom line...anyone who wants a 20%-30% deeper growl, and still wants the Cayenne to be quiet enough not be a nuisance, this is the ticket. I think my next step is to buy the "resonated" secondary cat bypass.

Before anyone says I should bought an aftermarket "set up", my logic was simple, I wanted the luxury of having the PSE button that I could turn off and on, as well as having it connected to the Sport and Sport Plus button which automatically activates it when used in those modes.
Thanks for the update. Are you able to PM costs? appreciated.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:58 AM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

I have an update on my exhaust. I ordered, and personally installed resonated cat bypasses from Hank's Hot Rods. I debated about this product vs. the fabspeed cat bypass. The reason I went the resonated route, it has a deeper exhaust note, vs, the higher pitch sound of the fabspeed bypass.

I must say, wow. When I have the PSEt turned off, the exhaust note is similar to not having PSE, But...when you push the button for PSE, it sounds incredible. With the PSE on, the idle is a little deeper, the normal driving is a little louder, but nothing to attract attention. When you accelerate hard, or go full throttle, it sounds like incredible. A nice deep sporty exhaust. I have found the perfect balance. Turing off the PSE, it is normal. I honestly would not think most people would even give it a second look. When you turn the PSE on and drive a little spirited, it is definitely how the Cayenne Turbo should have sounded from the factory. This reminds me a lot of the AMGs I have had in the past.
Old 07-28-2018, 06:31 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

I have an update on my exhaust. I ordered, and personally installed resonated cat bypasses from Hank's Hot Rods. I debated about this product vs. the fabspeed cat bypass. The reason I went the resonated route, it has a deeper exhaust note, vs, the higher pitch sound of the fabspeed bypass.

I must say, wow. When I have the PSEt turned off, the exhaust note is similar to not having PSE, But...when you push the button for PSE, it sounds incredible. With the PSE on, the idle is a little deeper, the normal driving is a little louder, but nothing to attract attention. When you accelerate hard, or go full throttle, it sounds like incredible. A nice deep sporty exhaust. I have found the perfect balance. Turing off the PSE, it is normal. I honestly would not think most people would even give it a second look. When you turn the PSE on and drive a little spirited, it is definitely how the Cayenne Turbo should have sounded from the factory. This reminds me a lot of the AMGs I have had in the past.
Sounds like a nice setup. If you’re able to post some videos or sound clips, please do so. Probably many here that would like to hear the setup.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:46 AM
aof
Instructor

Just swapped mine (16 TT) for a sports exhaust and retrofitted sports plus. Night and day difference for me and an excellent balance between in town and highway use. I'm on a 1300 mile trip out west and thoroughly enjoyed the first 900 miles without noise fatigue. On a different note, I can't understand why sports plus is not standard on a Porsche turbo. Very happy.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:48 AM
aof
Instructor

and yes, glorious overruns..
Old 09-15-2018, 10:52 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Originally Posted by aof
Just swapped mine (16 TT) for a sports exhaust and retrofitted sports plus. Night and day difference for me and an excellent balance between in town and highway use. I'm on a 1300 mile trip out west and thoroughly enjoyed the first 900 miles without noise fatigue. On a different note, I can't understand why sports plus is not standard on a Porsche turbo. Very happy.
Yes, I love Porsche’s sport exhaust systems. I too think PSE should be standard on all Turbo and GTS models across Porsche’s lineup, along with Sport Chrono. (PSE is standard on some GTS models now)

Glad you’re enjoying it!
Old 10-25-2018, 09:07 PM
marinerbc
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

i am at a cross roads right now in term of PSE mod. , can you tell me which diameter you went for.?
http://www.hhrproducts.com/porsche-c...ry-cat-bypass/

I did email the tuner in Holland Re: upgrade to the 3" secondary cats, but not the resonated type. just to make sure that i would not disturb the stream line flow.

these were the mods i have in mind, till i came back and saw your update about the resonated secondary cat bypass
1- Ignition coils https://www.cosmoracing.com/high-pow...1-2017-4.8L-V8

2- Spark plugs one step cooler and 0.4 mm center electrode https://www.densoproducts.com/product.aspx?zpid=11205

3- Tune https://www.essingperformancecenter....s-520hp-730nm/

4- Secondary cats delete and mid pipes only as i do not want to change the PSE muffler, thinking about having the Akrapovic DP-PO/T/1 and E-PO/T/3

https://www.lmperformance.com/871290...-titanium.html

https://www.lmperformance.com/871315...-titanium.html

not sure about this " If the car is equipped with performance exhaust with electronic valve actuators than actuator set P-HF1006 is required "

https://www.akrapovic.com/en/car/pro...64&yearId=4251
Old 01-05-2019, 11:45 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 46 Posts

So is it possible to install an oem pse for a 958.1 turbo s?
The following users liked this post:
LBpushrods (08-20-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 08:28 AM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

I am confident it can be done, as I did it to my 958.2 CTT, although it is not inexpensive.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:03 AM
Rennlist Member

So for the people in this thread that added it, did anyone do it to a 958.1 TT/TTS? Just isn’t clear from the replies. When u go to buy it, it’s only the 958.2 that it says it’s compatible with

"Adds a true Porsche sound - powerful, robust, and sporty. The sound changes according to how the vehicle is driven: you still get the discreet standard sound with a steady driving style, while the sound becomes distinctly more lively during sporty driving. Or press the console mounted "Sport" switch, and the Sport Exhaust sound will offer a powerful sound through all driving scenarios.With a modified main muffler, including 2 twin tailpipe covers in the design of the Cayenne Turbo in high-gloss polished aluminum, nano-coat

Professional installation and dealer activation required. Not compatible with Cayenne Turbo or Cayenne Hybrid models. Comes with the factory Sport Exhaust System.

This kit is not returnable under any circumstance. Fits 2011-2014 Cayenne models shown (North American cars only). Contact us if you're outside North America."

Old 01-06-2019, 11:38 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Originally Posted by 8202632
So is it possible to install an oem pse for a 958.1 turbo s?
I’m not certain if it can be fitted to work with a 958.1 series CTT or CTTS, but Porsche shows (and will tell you) that it’s not compatible with the 958.1 Turbos. What’s interesting though is you could get it as an option on the 958.1 S and was standard on the 958.1 GTS normally aspirated V8s. Then starting with the 958.2 Turbos, voila!, PSE became an available option. So there must be some difference in the two gens with regard to exhaust systems/configuration to account for it being compatible with one gen of Turbos and not the other?

So could an enterprising enthusiast get PSE installed and completely functional on a 958.1 CTT or CTTS?? Not sure, but I’d be interested to know as well. (And by “completely functional” I mean get it working like OEM with the functioning PSE console mounted button, and PSE activation automatically in ‘Sport’ mode)
Old 01-06-2019, 12:17 PM
Rennlist Member

You are a Way better writer than me. This is exactly what I’m trying to ask. Thx!!!
Old 01-07-2019, 11:21 PM
Rennlist Member

Reply from suncoast

Thank you for the message. The PSE system is not compatible with the Cayenne Turbo. Porsche did not make a sport exhaust for that model so you would have to go with an aftermarket system. We recommend the Tubi stainless steel system.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...-CAY11-EX.html

Quick Reply: 958.2 Turbo PSE