Sponsored By:

2013 CAYENNE diesel MAINTENANCE

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 10:44 AM
BWR41
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2013 CAYENNE diesel MAINTENANCE

I'm looking at a 2013 CD with 65K miles CPO listing for $32K. I appreciate any advice anyone has on the CD regarding pricing, issues to look for, and / or maintenance. I'm told the diesel emission repairs have been completed.

I just started the process. Currently I have a Cayman and a few months ago the dealership gave us a Cayenne loaner and my wife liked it. It was not a diesel but yesterday, I found this listing and wanted to get some advice. I also contacted my current dealership and below is the recommended maintenance schedule. For those who own a CD could you tell me what some of these diesel maintenance are and 5K oil change is that right? The frequency seems a bit quicker than gas engine.

I appreciate your patience up front. As you can tell from my post, diesel and CD are new to me so my questions are somewhat wonky and I'm sure as I read your responses, I'll be able to formulate better/specific questions. Thank you for your help as I try to make heads/tails of a CD.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=199694516

CD Maintenance
92ADFILTER Diesel $86.00
Cayenne Diesel - Drain Water from Fuel Filter - EVERY 10K or 1 YEAR

92AD5KLOF Diesel $457.00
Cayenne Diesel 5,000 Mile Synthetic Oil Change and Filter Service as Per Factory Checklist w/Remote Battery, Add Blue Tank Filled.
Notes: Use for Interval Mileage: 5,000, 10,000, 15,000, 25,000, 30,000, 35,000, 45,000, 50,000, 55,000, 65,000 etc. If the mileage for scheduled maintenance is not reached, Intermediate Maintenance must be performed no later than 1, 3, 5, 7... Years.

ADBLUEADD Diesel Labor:$30.00 + AdBlue
Cayenne Diesel AdBlue Top-up or Low Warning Reminder coming on. Note: AdBlue is $21.21 per 1.8 liter(1/2 gal.)

92ADINT Diesel $823.00 Cayenne Diesel Intermediate Maintenance as Per Factory Checklist. Incl. LOF, Remote Battery, Read Out Soot Mass Particle Filter, Ck. & Fill AdBlue Exhaust Fluid (Price incl.up to 20 liters/5.28 gal.), 2-Year Brake Fluid Exchange + Int. Inspection
Notes: Use for Interval Mileage: 20,000, 60,000, 100,000, 140,000 etc. If the mileage for scheduled maintenance is not reached, Intermediate Maintenance must be performed no later than 2, 6, 10….. Years.

92ADMAINT Diesel $898.00
Cayenne Diesel Maintenance as Per Factory Checklist. Incl. LOF, Pollen Filter, Remote Battery, Fuel Filter, Read Out Soot Mass Particle Filter, Ck. & Fill AdBlue Exhaust Fluid (Price incl.up to 20 liters/5.28 gal.) + Maint. Inspection
Old 06-12-2018, 11:36 AM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

I change my fuel filter every 20,000 miles. I've done it once so far, for the price of the $40 VW filter which is the same, exact, filter for 1/2 the price.

I get Blue DEF from Wal Mart or wherever, and fill it myself.

I just bled all my calipers for the cost of the DOT 4 fluid.

I change my own air filter and cabin filter. Air filter at 40,000 miles and cabin filters once in the spring and again in the fall.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:00 PM
Elberoth
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I don't believe 2013 Cayenne uses AdBlue (diesel exhaust fluid). My 2012 CD certainly doesn't.

Porsche North America recommends (for whatever reason) 5000 miles / 7500km oil changes. In Europe maintenance interwals are 4x longer, i.e. every 30.000km. Personally, I change the oil every 15.000km (plus fuel filter every 30.000km), as I'm not comfortable with their 'longlife' service.

At 65k miles, you may think about changing front / center (transfer box) / rear diff oil. Rear and front diffs take reagular 75w90 oil (1L front, 1.25L back), transfer box takes 1L of Porsche specific transfer box fluid. There are several topics dedicated to changing oil on a diesel.

I did change the transmission oil @ 100.000km miles as well, although Porsche recommends changing it every 240.000km (again: I find it overly optimistic).

Apart from somehow more frequent engine oil changes, it is a great engine: very reliable, with superb economy. Plus, Cayenne Diesels are mostly exempt from the failing transferbox saga (probably not enough power to break it).
Old 06-12-2018, 12:08 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

The US cars do use DEF / Adblue. First year was 2013 for US market.

Basically what I've been doing:
oil/filter every 5k
fuel filter ever 20k
yearly the wiper blades
yearly full chassis inspection, read codes out
every 2 yrs I change the cabin/air, bleed brakes.
I'm at 60 and will be doing all the above + drive belt + all the drive line oils.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:11 PM
Elberoth
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

OK, I stand corrected - 2013 must have been the first model year to use AdBlue then.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:58 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

you can do the oil change yourself for about $80 and 30 minutes of your time if you are handy
Old 06-12-2018, 07:35 PM
RS-America
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 100 Posts

Agree with those above for doing basic maintenance yourself - it is not difficult!
Also check out the extended warranty PCNA has given to all our CDs - both mileage and time.
Truly fun vehicles - ours spends most of its time Overlanding and off-road endurance rally.
Have taken our diesel from the hot Chihuahuan desert on up north of the Arctic Circle where temps were -36F
80,000 miles and still going strong - we have no intent to get the diesel 'fix'
Old 06-13-2018, 12:15 PM
BWR41
Track Day

Thanks everyone for you advice. Looks like I'll pursue the CD.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:44 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

If you can't do things yourself, and not everyone can, or wants to, and if one wants to go to a Porsche dealership to have the maintenance done, as shown in the quoted prices above by the OP, prepare to pay.

If I had to pay $457 for an oil change every 5,000 miles, I would NOT be able to afford the CD.

I can see how, for the high-rollers, a figure like that would be nothing every 500 miles.

Good you will pursue a CD. I love mine.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:39 PM
dabiesaur
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Find a local indy shop and build a relationship. The Porsche tax on dealership services is absurd.
The following users liked this post:
vntperformance (03-16-2022)
Old 06-13-2018, 11:59 PM
BWR41
Track Day

Clearly, I'm catching up on the 'fix' for the EPA issue.

I was wondering if any can speak to any issues or concerns after having the repair completed. Do you see any performance issues or potential resale issues, especially those who live in CA?

Also if there is a link dedicated to CD post emission repairs, I'd appreciate the redirect.

If not, I appreciate any advice you can provide. I test drove the CD and enjoyed it. Seriously pursuing it but wanted to ask or at least get advice from those of you who had your CD repaired.

Go for it or reconsider?

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:24 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by BWR41
Clearly, I'm catching up on the 'fix' for the EPA issue.

I was wondering if any can speak to any issues or concerns after having the repair completed. Do you see any performance issues or potential resale issues, especially those who live in CA?

Also if there is a link dedicated to CD post emission repairs, I'd appreciate the redirect.

If not, I appreciate any advice you can provide. I test drove the CD and enjoyed it. Seriously pursuing it but wanted to ask or at least get advice from those of you who had your CD repaired.

Go for it or reconsider?

Thanks.
Reconsider. Had the fix done and am now very disappointed with how it drives. Does not drive like it did prior. It is not a loss in power, but a huge loss in response. Very disappointing
Old 06-14-2018, 03:32 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

^^^ I had the fix done for reasons stated in the sticky thread about a month ago. My driving has been city driving and a couple of short highway trips. For me, the main difference is the transmission holding on third gear when cold. I have to adapt and manually shift to fourth. Once it is warm, I can't really feel the difference. Maybe the changes are so small, that I don't notice in my old age. However, that does not mean this is permanent. If you read the sticky thread, it looks like the loss of response, as pointed by Needsdecaf, happens over time. I haven't experienced that yet, knock on wood.

If I ever encounter the issues that Needsdecaf and Skiahh posted in the sticky thread, I may first try to see if the EGR is gumming the intakes. After that, I may try a Malone engine and transmission tune, which according to the contact person in ClubToaureg, is coming soon.

Last edited by visitador; 06-14-2018 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:42 PM
BWR41
Track Day

Thank you for the response.
The following users liked this post:
Rfwii (11-10-2022)
Old 06-14-2018, 03:49 PM
BWR41
Track Day

Originally Posted by visitador
^^^ I had the fix done for reasons stated in the sticky thread about a month ago. My driving has been city driving and a couple of short highway trips. For me, the main difference is the transmission holding on third gear when cold. I have to adapt and manually shift to fourth. Once it is warm, I can't really feel the difference. Maybe the changes are so small, that I don't notice in my old age. However, that does not mean this is permanent. If you read the sticky thread, it looks like the loss of response, as pointed by Needsdecaf, happens over time. I haven't experienced that yet, knock on wood.

If I ever encounter the issues that Needsdecaf and Shiah posted in the sticky thread, I may first try to see if the EGR is gumming the intakes. After that, I may try a Malone engine and transmission tune, which according to the contact person in ClubToaureg, is coming soon.
Visitador, thanks for the response. My wife and I drove it a few times and didn't notices any notable issues. And it was an enjoyable drive. Of course, we don't know what it was like previous the fix. This is our first diesel. I'm familiar with gas/petrol engine and would shy away from a vehicle with 65K. But been told that diesel at 65K is nothing. Hence it caught our attention. Again, thanks.

Quick Reply: 2013 CAYENNE diesel MAINTENANCE